- - - - -

Adrafinil (Olmifon) expiration date?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kensho

• 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

Hi All,

The reason for this question will probably become apparent if you notice when I am posting this. I have to wake up in a few hours for work and was wondering:

What are the odds that it is dangerous to take old Adrafinil? I have a box that expired in 2003, I am not sure why I still have it. Tomorrow is going to be a very rough day for me as it looks like I will be only getting a few hours of sleep max.

I have read a couple of studies that suggest the vast majority of meds simply lose potency with age (the main one I am thinking of is the US military study), however I know a few may become toxic (e.g. tetracycline, insulin) . Has anyone had any experience with old Adrafinil or Modafinil? Noots in general? Not asking for an expert opinion here necessarily and yes I know I am taking a risk if I were to take it.

Cheers,

Kensho

Edited by kensho, 15 December 2009 - 08:27 AM.

#2 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

I have some expired Adrafinil that I take all the time. Mine is almost as old as yours. It seems to work just as well and I'm fine as far as I know (panels, bloodwork all come back ok).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kensho

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, I last took this about 2 years ago so I am thinking it should be fine (likewise all my blood work, liver, etc = fine).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users