Photo
- - - - -

ocd/add-piracetam-doesn't work guy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

So piracetam doesn't seem to work for me (I've used cdp-choline, alpha-gpc--how about bitatrate/chloride, although they're weaker choline sources)

do you think that pyritinol will solve this? any other options?

#2 Davevanza

• 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

So piracetam doesn't seem to work for me (I've used cdp-choline, alpha-gpc--how about bitatrate/chloride, although they're weaker choline sources)

For OCD, I think it works better with SSRI's.

As OCD ( Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is linked via Serotonin pathways.

But not all SSRI's have the same effect when treating OCD.

Through my personal experience, I once got a mild form of OCD, and tried most Psychiatric meds. Amongst SSRI's, Prozac ( Fluoxetine), Cipramil ( Citalopram) and Celexa ( Escitalopram) didn't help much.

Luvox ( Fluvoxamine) and Paxil ( Paroxetine) seem to help a lot, but both tend to cause a bit of sedation. I disagree about categorising Prozac or Zoloft ( Sertraline) being energising, to me, the effect is not energising but more suitable called Akathisia or inner restlesness, so I couldn't sit still, I had to keep pomping my feet almost all the time. Luvox ( Fluvoxamine Maleate) does not cause this, but it is the most sedating SSRI's. It stopped my OCD, a form of anxiety where I had to be near a perfectionist in checking my wallet while driving on the highway.

( I have no comment about ADD, as I never suffer from it.)

About Encephabol ( Pyritinol HCl), I used it for many years. It's a great nootropic. Unlike Racetams, it has no stimulant-like properties. I used it in combination with a smart-herb " Brahmi", which I find its effect is like a herbal anti-convulsant, Dilantin ( Phenytoin), which harmonises the over excited brain electrical activities.

Dilantin itself is a smart-drug, as stated in Smart-drug book by Dean & Morganthaler. While using Dilantin, amazingly, it normalises cardiac arrhythmias caused by using too much stimulant-type nootropics, like Ritalin or any amphetamine-salts ( I myself never use amphetamine-type nootropic as it is very hard to obtain here, so I substitute it with Phentermine, Diethylpropion, Ephedrine HCl or caffeine.)

Pyritinol and Brahmi could be helpful in condition, but again, as you are suffering from OCD, ADD, it is best to also to discuss about the interaction with Psychiatric drugs you are taking.

The good things about Racetams is that, they are not metabolised via Cytochrome P450, unlike other meds for OCD like Luvox which is a substrate of CYP450 3A4, as well as an inhibitor of that Cytochrome. So if the Psychiatrist also puts you on an anxiolytic like a triazolo-benzodiazepines ( Alprazolam, Triazolam, Midazolam), then those benzos would double-up in your blood stream ( even increased up to fourfold), making 1mg of XANAX feels like you've been taking 3mg or 4mg of it.

Do you mean that Piracetam does not help with your OCD/ADD ??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

I never had full-blown OCD, but I did have a lot of obsessive problem with organizing things and my sister had thought I had OCD. It made perfect sense to me that I couldn't do my homework until I organized a drawer. Meditation helped a lot here by seeing a link between the obsessiveness and fears I hadn't processed. I recommend starting if you've never done it.

#4 middpanther88

• Topic Starter
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

I guess I added the bit about ocd/add so that maybe it would highlight why piracetam doesn't work for me

basically, piracetam doesn't work for me, and I've been on it for months (like 7 months+)

#5 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:16 AM

Man lately everytime i open my smartpowder piracetam tub and smell inside it smells like the smell you would assiciate with a rat nest. It does smell like rats for some reason. I have only had it for three months so im am curious why the sudden change of smell. Could it be that i might not have the real piracetam? :S I mean it has been unsuccessful for me so far.

#6 Davevanza

• 50 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

I guess I added the bit about ocd/add so that maybe it would highlight why piracetam doesn't work for me

basically, piracetam doesn't work for me, and I've been on it for months (like 7 months+)

One thing comes across my mind......

LEVETIRACETAM, under the brand name of Keppra, which is another form of Racetam, an enantiomer of Etiracetam, which has an anticonvulsant properties, and off-label could be used as an anxiolytic + to ease Tics/Tourette's syndrome, and still being investigated for use in OCD.

But bear in mind, Levetiracetam, according to some research papers in Medline, has NO Nootropic-effect when given to autistic children, in comparison with Piracetam.

Being an anticonvulsant, it is also still under investigation whether it could be used as a mood stabiliser like other novel anticonvulsants ( ie. Carbamazepine, Sodium Valproate, Lamotrigine, etc.)

I tried Keppra for a year, prescribed by my GP, 1500mg twice/day.

The effect is somewhat like other Racetams, only causes a bit of sedation and calming-effect for the first week.

By the time it reached the third week, I didn't notice sedation anymore, but still I experienced difficulty in concentrating/focusing.

Taken after 6pm, it causes insomnia..... this particular effect is the same like Piracetam.

Maybe you could give it a try. ( In Australia, this is the only Racetam available through doctor's prescription, used as an " add-on" anticonvulsant in conjunction with other antiepileptics, or for Neuropathic pain.)...... very easy to get from GPs.

#7 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

Man lately everytime i open my smartpowder piracetam tub and smell inside it smells like the smell you would assiciate with a rat nest. It does smell like rats for some reason. I have only had it for three months so im am curious why the sudden change of smell. Could it be that i might not have the real piracetam? :S I mean it has been unsuccessful for me so far.

At this point, I would almost not be surprised. I have not trusted Mike M and his Smart Powders/PrimaForce brands for a long time. If you haven't already, catch up on the "Non-Responder's" thread. Since the FDA is allegedly shutting down piracetam supplement sales, it's time to bring the heat. I smell a rat.

#8 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

The FDA is not 'shutting down' piracetam sales, but Mike is making great efforts to get them to shut his own sales down by putting therapeutic claims on his racetam jar labels. Doing that makes it a 'drug' by law and gives the FDA authority to seize product, criminally charge the seller and other fun stuff.

Edited by Isochroma, 03 January 2010 - 04:41 AM.

#9 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

Isochroma, this is what I'm reading:

Smart Powders Piracetam (2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine acetamide) is a natural derivative of GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) and is lab tested for potency and purity. Piracetam supports memory and concentration, overall well-being, cardiovascular health, and helps reduce stress and fatigue.

Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Always consult a physician prior to using any dietary supplements.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Are there different claims on the containers?

Have you read the thread that Mike started? It wouldn't make much sense for Mike to get one of his own businesses shut down.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 calengineering

• 134 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

I've tried many and they all haven't helped much. the ones that didn't result in any response for me are: piracetam, bacopa, aniracetam, pyritinol, huperzine a, cdp choline. pretty much the works :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users