Photo
- - - - -

Nefiracetam

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

would any of you guys mind revealing the source of your nef as i've been searching for the longest time to no avail?

I bought 10g from intellimeds.co.uk , be sure to scroll to the DEAL at the bottom of the site for 25% off nefiracetam.
Shipping could be somewhat expensive out of the EU though.
Nootropichub.co.uk used to have cheaper 10g nefiracetam (you can see and even order from cached google page, but I doubt the owner would like that).

If you want more, vosunshop seems to be cheapest. I don't know too much about them, though.

Edited by Baten, 16 December 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#62 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

would any of you guys mind revealing the source of your nef as i've been searching for the longest time to no avail?

I got mine from a user on this forum. Her screen name is molecules=love. She sold it to me for $50 for 50g. She bought a Kilo for her personal use but was willing to part with it since she likely had 3 years worth or something. I'll send her an email to see if she still has any.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 jillin

• 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

manic_racetam, have you done/gotten your serum levels ever since you've started taken nef? do you take nef with anything to help increase your testosterone levels or just by itself? i have already gone and ordered 100g of nef but there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me that i am going to lance armstrong myself considering nef's testicular toxicity data, myself being an avid cyclist, and having a relatively weak liver due to hepatitis b... :wacko:

#64 jillin

• 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

manic_racetam, have you done/gotten any form of serum level tested while taking nef? do you take nef concurrently with something that aids an increase in testosterone level or just by itself. given though i've ordered 100g of nef just now, there is still a little voice in the back of my head telling me that i am going to lance armstrong myself -- considering nef's testicular toxicity data, myself being an avid cyclist, and also having a relatively weak liver due to hepatitis b..

#65 jillin

• 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:29 AM

any updates on nef users? i've received my 100g from vosun, but as of now, i am a bit hesitant on taking it -- since i still plan on having children later on in life.

#66 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:45 AM

any updates on nef users? i've received my 100g from vosun, but as of now, i am a bit hesitant on taking it -- since i still plan on having children later on in life.

I'll start by saying that I've never had any serum levels checked. But 100g should last you quite a while anyway. If you calculate the human equivalent "testicle-safe" dosages from the dog study and stay well below those then you should be fine.

Honestly, headache will likely stop you from taking more before you need to worry about your nuts. After tweaking my dosage around for a week or so I found 150mg once or twice a day to be plenty. I've heard most people stick to around 100mg.

For post stroke apathy the phase II clinical trials were using doses at 800mg and more, but that's not super comforting since most older people don't really need to worry about reproducing. Anyway, I just use it occasionally these days as needed for big projects or enhanced meditation but the girl I got it from was a daily user. She said that nefiracetam and deprenyl was a completely effective treatment for her ADD (she said she was able to stop the ritalin).

If you notice any discomfort associated with your reproductive area at all (urinary, urethral, prostate, testicles, kidneys, etc) then stop treatment. And it would be awesome if you got periodic testosterone levels and kidney and liver panels throughout so you could share that info with the community. Personally I'm unwilling to pay for it though.

I wonder which supplement is making me ramble on like this? Food for thought ;)

#67 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

Aside from the possible TESTICULAR TOXICITY concerns, there is in fact another reason to avoid prolonged usage of NEFIRACETAM for the medium to long-term... see THIS thread for details: NEFIRACETAM - Another reason to avoid prolonged usage :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 21 February 2012 - 09:03 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • Needs references x 1

#68 Ampa-omega

• 335 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

worth reading: the pharmacology and therapeutic potential behind nefiracetam

http://noveltreatmen...-potential.html

Taken together, nefiracetam ameliorates OBX-induced deficits in memory-related behaviors and impairment of LTP in the hippocampal CA1 region through activation of NMDAR and mGluR5, thereby leading to an increase in activities of CaMKIIalpha (Thr286) and PKCalpha (Ser657), respectively. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19457128

Taken together, in addition to CaMKII, CaMKI and CaMKIV activation mediated by nefiracetamtreatment might mediate CREB phosphorylation following chronic nefiracetam treatment, thereby eliciting an anti-depressive and cognition-enhancing effect on OBX mice. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19233146

These results suggest that nefiracetam potentiates AMPA receptor-mediated fEPSPs through CaMKII activation and enhances NMDA receptor-dependent LTP through potentiation of the post-synaptic CaMKII and protein kinase C activities. Together with potentiation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor function, nefiracetam-enhanced AMPA and NMDA receptor functions likely contribute to improvement of cognitive function. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18445137

It was concluded thatnefiracetam potentiated NMDA currents not by acting as a partial agonist but by interacting with PKC, allosterically enhancing glycine binding, and attenuating voltage-dependent Mg2+ block. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17095583

Edited by Ampa-omega, 19 April 2012 - 06:25 AM.

• like x 1

#69 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Eh how did you find my blog? lol its just i didnt release it yet.

#70 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Anyone have any nefiracetam lying around that they'd like to get rid of?

#71 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

From Wikipedia:

"Studies of long term consumption of nefiracetam in humans and primates have shown it to have no toxicity.[5][6] However, animals which metabolize nefiracetam differently than humans and primates are at risk for renal and testicular[7][8] toxicity. Dogs especially are particularly sensitive, which has been shown to be caused by a specific metabolite, M-18.[9]Higher doses than those in dogs were needed to cause testicular toxicity in rats, although no toxicity was seen in monkeys. Additionally, there has been no evidence of toxicity during clinical trials [5][6"

...So it appears that HUMAN BEINGS have nothing to fear... Can anyone corroborate this account?

Edited by Synaesthesiac, 14 August 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#72 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yes, can't remember but I think it was googletarian who posted a gif of the full metabolism of nefiracetam in humans and dogs and showed that humans lacked the testicularly-toxic metabolite.

#73 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thank you, I was reading old threads and didn't find any newer info on this compound and was curious as to what information has come out since this thread. Has anybody tried it? Results?

#74 meth_use_lah

• 72 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I've tried it, it gives a clean clear head and a crisper and wider peripheral vision. However I've always felt renal discomfort using it and since canned it for good, slight ache/pain in the side/back and some weird itchy/tingling feeling towards my bladder. I've talked to other people that have felt the same side effects, although I've read many who haven't felt any discomfort using it.
I've canned it.

Purely speculating, its broken down by cyp3a4 possibly we who feel discomforts have a much lower amount of cyp3a4, or that we are unaware that were consuming something that wholly/partially inhibits it.

Edited by meth_use_lah, 15 August 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#75 Colour

• 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Looks like little danger. No interaction with testicles. It's an agonist for GABA if you're wary of that

#76 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

I think it's a little heavy on the liver; but, I like it most of all racetams. I might go back and see how Piracetam works, has been a while.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#77 Colour

• 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

No studies or health-problems have shown liver problems.
There was a discussion about phenibut and the liver (several ha). Until people pointed out those who have been taking it for years errday with great health. Many studies on the lab pets too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users