- - - - -

Modafinil & Kratom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 magister

• 70 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hello,

SWIM used Modafinil 3 years ago, and it helped fire him during one of the most productive periods of his life.

At the time SWIM would sleep from 5-8 hours during the week, and 10-12 on weekends to make up. During
weekdays SWIM would take a full 200mg tablet first thing in the morning. This kept SWIM going most of the day.
Usually at night I would wind down with some Kratom.

Eventually SWIM decided to take a break from it as he had been on it for nearly a year, however SWIM did not stop
the evening Kratom.

Fast forward 3 years. SWIM continued evening Kratom up until SWIM lost his job during the crash last year. At this
time because SWIM was in my house alot SWIM started taking Kratom during the day as well. SWIM have found that this
has made SWIM a bit lethargic, but SWIM has some projects to get completed and thought perhaps SWIM should try
modafinil again to get motivated. SWIM did a quick google search and I found this article.

http://www.coretext.....asp?recno=8895

Now SWIM is worried if he takes modafinil first thing in the morning, when the first cravings for Kratom start a 3-4
hours after waking, if he should be concerned, and try and hold out for a bit longer.

Also notice that some users have mixed these and found no bad reaction as suggested in the article

http://www.imminst.o...mp;#entry231828

and the article is not specific about the case, it appears that he administered both at the exact same time.

Any experiences or knowledge of the interaction of these 2 items? And I do know I got to cut down on the Kratom,
if I can get it back once an evening it will be good. I am tapering down, during the day I do not take enough to
have a strong reaction, just enough to wipe away anxiety.

Thanks in advance!

#2 magister

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Well to answer my own question, yesterday I ingested half of a 200mg Modalert from pharmland.net
no response, took Kratom 3.5 hours later, no problems....sometimes I get small tics from Kratom, and
I had one or 2 of these, guess it is just my body relaxing, so no big deal. Used to take 200mg of modalert
when I used it 3 years ago, so wanted to start out small so I could test it on my current state.

So today I took 200mg tablet of Pharmland.net Modalert manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals. I have
read that there are some fakes of this brand out there being sold. Mine looked like the authentic brand,
however after 3 hours now and I am still yawning. I don't think this is very good product. I have written
Pharmland.net for a refund. I should have done more research before I rushed out and bought more
generic pills. I was not concerned because I used the Modalert before from an online pharmacy which
no longer exists, and it was fine. I was not aware about the fact that this brand has been a target of
forgeries. Well I still have 3 year old airsealed powder, I suppose I will now have to eye out a dose
and see if it has any effect, and also look for a more reliable supplier of cheap generics. Perhaps I
will try some of the other brands like modapro, Modavigil, or Modiodal. I do not have time to screw around
finding a brand that works. It is tempting to just go out on the street and get some speed, problem with
that is it makes me obsessive/compulsive and I spend hours doing meaningless tasks, but if I can stay
focused it can help me overcome this pile of work I have to do. Coffee is just not enough right now, I
already have had enough cups to make me shake and feel nausea and I am still yawning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ultraviolence

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

There are a lot of rumors going around about possible modafinil fakes. I have a different theory however.

The Sun Pharma Modalert pills do not seem to be very well coated for sliding down the throat easily. My theory is that they sometimes get stuck halfway down, and then don't end up in your system until some random time much later, such as after you've already given up for the night and gone to sleep. Such a case could lead one to think they've been sold an impotent fake.

I always drink a full glass and then also eat something small, such as a few crackers, to make sure the pill gets pushed all the way down. I'd recommend trying this to see if you get a better result.

Edited by ultraviolence, 05 January 2010 - 07:07 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 magister

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Might be, thanks for the suggestion, I will try again. Actually when I tried it this weekend, I was yawning but
and not really awake, but the past few days without anything, I have been just falling asleep completely. I
think I have some reaction to the reduced amounts of light during the winter. I also was taking some other
stimulants in December which have run out. These stimulant did keep me up but also increased my obsessive/
cumpulsive behaviour. So maybe the modafinil was working but in my case it was hardly noticeable. Hard to
say...all I know is when I took them before, it was very noticable.

Still no input on Kratom with modafinil?

There are a lot of rumors going around about possible modafinil fakes. I have a different theory however.

The Sun Pharma Modalert pills do not seem to be very well coated for sliding down the throat easily. My theory is that they sometimes get stuck halfway down, and then don't end up in your system until some random time much later, such as after you've already given up for the night and gone to sleep. Such a case could lead one to think they've been sold an impotent fake.

I always drink a full glass and then also eat something small, such as a few crackers, to make sure the pill gets pushed all the way down. I'd recommend trying this to see if you get a better result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users