Photo
- - - - -

What recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rubberduck

• 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:31 AM

I have been taking about 1.6g of Piracetam daily for almost a full year. I was taking this with 200mg of AlphaGPC but stopped about 4 months ago when I started getting horrible headaches as a side effect of it. When I first started taking piracetam, I felt extremely mentally alert, rarely stuttered, and was less depressed than usual. After 6 months, my mental alertness became less noticeable, and my level of stuttering became normal again, but the anti-depressant effect is still currently noticeable. Neither supplement has helped my focus or concentration for reading or meetings.

My current piracetam supply is about to run out, and I'd like to know what everyone else recommends as maybe a next step. I looked at pramiracetam and oxiracetam as possible supplements, but don't know which is better, and what distributor to buy from (main concern is purity). Also, does anyone have any experiences from taking anything from www.cerebralhealth.com?

Edited by rubberduck, 07 January 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#2 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:37 AM

I have been taking about 1.6g of Piracetam daily for almost a full year. I was taking this with 200mg of AlphaGPC but stopped about 4 months ago when I started getting horrible headaches as a side effect of it. When I first started taking piracetam, I felt extremely mentally alert, rarely stuttered, and was less depressed than usual. After 6 months, my mental alertness became less noticeable, and my level of stuttering became normal again, but the anti-depressant effect is still currently noticeable. Neither supplement has helped my focus or concentration for reading or meetings.

My current piracetam supply is about to run out, and I'd like to know what everyone else recommends as maybe a next step. I looked at pramiracetam and oxiracetam as possible supplements, but don't know which is better, and what distributor to buy from (main concern is purity).

Perhaps, you could cycle it. 6 months on, 3 months off, 6 months on, ... etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rubberduck

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

What should I do during the cycles of not taking it? 1/4 of a year is a long time to be brain dead again, and me keeping my job depends on me not falling behind, which is starting to happen. Caffeine helps a lot but the crashes seem to take back the time I worked ahead, and 5 hour energy shots have minimal effects on me. Should I cycle between racetams? If so, which should be next, oxi, prami, one of the ones from cerebralhealth, or something else completely?

#4 HMan

• 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

What should I do during the cycles of not taking it? 1/4 of a year is a long time to be brain dead again, and me keeping my job depends on me not falling behind, which is starting to happen. Caffeine helps a lot but the crashes seem to take back the time I worked ahead, and 5 hour energy shots have minimal effects on me. Should I cycle between racetams? If so, which should be next, oxi, prami, one of the ones from cerebralhealth, or something else completely?

For your Piracetam off months, you can try vinpocetine, huperzine A, eleuthero, and DHA. I think that that combination works great. You can also add a choline source to the mix, such as choline bitartrate.

Edited by HMan, 09 January 2010 - 03:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 ryhan

• 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

You could also try halfing your dose of piracetam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users