• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Post your anecdotes of improved cognition through nootropics!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 calengineering

• 134 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

Hey everyone,

I am interested in compiling a thread with examples of specific situations when you believed your cognition improved because of a nootropic you have been taking.

I have been searching a lot through the forums for clues to which noots were most effective and I often found generalized responses from people saying the some noot has or has not been helpful with their memory, mood, or whatever. I think this would be a more interested approach if people could post any recent pleasant moments in which they surprised themselves to have a "high functioning cognitive moment". These moments could be anything such as a time when they remembered something obscure, studied for 8+ hours without much rest, or read at an unbelievably high rate.

Please post the noot(s) you're taking and describe that special cognitive moment!

#2 whiskey

• 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

Once I read over 1200 pages in just over two days, wich is a huge success from me, who barely normally can sit half an hour still. I was taking pramiracetam, soy lecitin, guarana and rhodiola rosea. With pramiracetam I have had other great concentration improving moments, like painting for a whole day.
About two weeks ago I ordered train tickets and had to put a custom order code, random numbers. Three days forward I could straight away enumerate these numbers without even a thought about remembering them. It was awesome.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Once I read over 1200 pages in just over two days, wich is a huge success from me, who barely normally can sit half an hour still. I was taking pramiracetam, soy lecitin, guarana and rhodiola rosea. With pramiracetam I have had other great concentration improving moments, like painting for a whole day.
About two weeks ago I ordered train tickets and had to put a custom order code, random numbers. Three days forward I could straight away enumerate these numbers without even a thought about remembering them. It was awesome.

Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing man! :D

#4 DairyProducts

• 207 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

After taking piracetam and choline sources for a couple of months, an old friend of mine that I consider much smarter than me said, "I don't know what you've been doing, but you seem a lot smarter recently." I think he was referring to my increased ability to synthesize very different ideas into new ones.

#5 magellan

• 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

I also appreciate what large doses of piracetam + choline have done for me in terms of cognition/intelligence/perception of reality.

#6 calengineering

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

After taking piracetam and choline sources for a couple of months, an old friend of mine that I consider much smarter than me said, "I don't know what you've been doing, but you seem a lot smarter recently." I think he was referring to my increased ability to synthesize very different ideas into new ones.

wow, great compliment. that must have felt great! :~

#7 calengineering

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

has anyone noticed improvement with respect to counting? ie.g. keeping score in a basketball game, counting cards, remembering past moves in chess, etc???

if so, what did you take? also, if not, what did you take?

i often notice this is where i'm lacking. i often forget what the score is in basketball, or forget to keep track after a few points in a pickup game. i'm terrible at remembering the last 3 or 4 moves i've made in chess.

thanks!

#8 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

While I've always had an excellent memory and generally satisfactory cognitive skills; I suffer with brain fog and too often find it difficult to rapidly consolidate a theory/paradigm and then express it clearly and concisely. This is an issue for me since I'm currently studying for my PhD in molecular and genomic biology. As you can imagine this is rather demanding, and frequently the students meet up as a group for research seminars. In this environment we communally share original research and exchange ideas with the research supervisor. What this requires is the rapid understanding and elucidation of potentially new concepts, this can be extremely difficult for me since even if I understand, I find it difficult to properly express myself.

What has helped massively with this is SAMe at 800mg per day it clears my mind to a huge degree, it's like a static plagued TV being tuned in properly. My thoughts flow far more readily and eloquently. It's not made the thoughts any deeper or more insightful, which isn't something I need help with anyway, it's just 'easier' to think if that makes sense. Like it requires less of an effort to maintain concentration and coherence of thought. Since I've been taking it I've actually become quite good friends with the supervising professor, since I've been taking a far more proactive stance in regards to my education. It really has improved things in a tangible way.

Edited by Animal, 19 January 2010 - 07:24 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Dorho

• 354 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

While I've always had an excellent memory and generally satisfactory cognitive skills; I suffer with brain fog and too often find it difficult to rapidly consolidate a theory/paradigm and then express it clearly and concisely. This is an issue for me since I'm currently studying for my PhD in molecular and genomic biology. As you can imagine this is rather demanding, and frequently the students meet up as a group for research seminars. In this environment we communally share original research and exchange ideas with the research supervisor. What this requires is the rapid understanding and elucidation of potentially new concepts, this can be extremely difficult for me since even if I understand, I find it difficult to properly express myself.

What has helped massively with this is SAMe at 800mg per day it clears my mind to a huge degree, it's like a static plagued TV being tuned in properly. My thoughts flow far more readily and eloquently. It's not made the thoughts any deeper or more insightful, which isn't something I need help with anyway, it's just 'easier' to think if that makes sense. Like it requires less of an effort to maintain concentration and coherence of thought. Since I've been taking it I've actually become quite good friends with the supervising professor, since I've been taking a far more proactive stance in regards to my education. It really has improved things in a tangible way.

Thank you very much for posting your experience. Apart from you and Bmud, I can't say I remember too many Imminst members writing about SAMe in nootropic context, but these experiences have really sparked my interest towards that substance. SAMe also appears to have many other benefits besides the neurological ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users