Photo
- - - - -

My first EVER stack. Please Help?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jtinktank

• 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Believe it or not but i actually did a bit of research before deciding to a chunk of my student loan on drugs.

This is what I bought.

• Aniracetam 750mg x 60 caps
  • Oxiracetam 700m x 60caps
  • Pramiracetam 30g
  • Source Naturals Huperzine A 200mcg x 120 caps
  • Swanson Bacopa Monniera - 500mg x 90 caps
  • Swanson Herbs Tri-Strength Vinpocetine - 30mg x 60 Caps
  • I still have to buy some choline. I'm going for Choline GPC, which will come as 300mg x 60 capsules.

Some questions:
The problem is... I don't know how to take these drugs. I know that aniracetam is fat soluable, so i will have to take it with milk but how much milk?
And am I meant to take fish oil with it; and if so, how much?
Are Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam fat soluble?
How do I prepare the Pramiracetam?
What dose of each drug should i take?
Would taking 2 rounds of aniracetam/oxiracetam/pramiracetam be too much (because i am taking HUGE a stack and not 1 or 2 drugs)?
What about the dose of the other drugs?
How much Choline GPC am i meant to take? The reason i haven't bought it yet is because i think that 300mg x 60 will not be enough for this stack.
Do I take choline each time I take a drug?
How long do you think this stack will last me?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!
I don't want to start on the wrong foot. The drugs haven't yet been delivered.
Please add ANY information you can think of.

(believe it or not... BUT... I am actually studying Pharmacology and Chemistry at university. YES... I'M QUITE EMBARRASSED that i know next to nothing about what i'm getting myself into!)

Thanks for all your help!

#2 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

This is a good place to start, I found it immensely helpful and actually just bought the three basic noots he describes last night.

http://www.imminst.o...ics-t36691.html

You should be able to find all the necessary info to get started at this thread.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

I am eager to spend some of my student money to. Not on a stack that big though. Maximum i buy is three products then evaluate them after time before buying another one. So far i have not found that "thing" that i have fallen inlove with. Next in line ithink would be something more expensive like oxi, galantamine or centro.

In regards to your i'm only familiar with bacopa and CDP. Apperantly you need at least 500 mg of that. I've upped my dose to 750-1000mg, but for a bottle that contains 60 pills, this could finish rather quick!

#4 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

I am eager to spend some of my student money to. Not on a stack that big though. Maximum i buy is three products then evaluate them after time before buying another one. So far i have not found that "thing" that i have fallen inlove with. Next in line ithink would be something more expensive like oxi, galantamine or centro.

In regards to your i'm only familiar with bacopa and CDP. Apperantly you need at least 500 mg of that. I've upped my dose to 750-1000mg, but for a bottle that contains 60 pills, this could finish rather quick!

Yea, in regards to that thread I suggested I am only starting out with the three basics listen in the regimen. I plan on creating a thread when they come in reporting how they affect me each step of the way. So if you want wait a week or two and I'll provide some info.

#5 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:15 PM

Ani - fat soluble, doesn't have to necessarily be with milk, just fat. but even then, ani has nearly 100% bioavailability, so don't be too worried about that.
Oxi - oxi is water soluble
Prami - fat soluble as well.
Hup A - careful with your choline intake on this one
Bacopa - solid. you could buy caps if you like, but it does taste pretty darn good as a tea.
Vinpo - it has its uses, but none of those are for cognition enhancement.

- don't worry too much about 'racetam absorption. they all have close to 100% bioavailability.
- don't take more than 1 'raceam at a time. all of them inhibit platelet aggregation pretty harshly, and you've already got bacopa and vinpo in your stack, which also inhibit platelet aggregation pretty effectively as well (vinpo the most), so I'd be careful.
- you don't need to buy any kind of choline as long as you're taking Huperzine.
- in terms of cognition enhancement, you might have wasted your money on vinpocetine. look up the "vinpocetine - ditch it" thread for a big ol' explanation. i can imagine some other uses that vinpo might have, but i seriously doubt its nootropic value.

the biggest piece of advice i could give you is to GO SLOW. take it easy on nootropics. this is your brain we're dealing with and it's a very delicate organ. try not to introduce a new nootropic until you've been on the same one for at least 2-3 weeks (but ideally 6 weeks). your brain needs time to adapt.

thats my $0.02, welcome to imminst!

Edited by Pike, 10 January 2010 - 06:17 PM.

#6 jtinktank

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

look up the "vinpocetine - ditch it" thread for a big ol' explanation. i can imagine some other uses that vinpo might have, but i seriously doubt its nootropic value.

Thanks for the heads up on the vinpocetine... I just need to find a way to get rid of it now... EBAY!

#7 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Believe it or not but i actually did a bit of research before deciding to a chunk of my student loan on drugs.

This is what I bought.

• Aniracetam 750mg x 60 caps
  • Oxiracetam 700m x 60caps
  • Pramiracetam 30g
  • Source Naturals Huperzine A 200mcg x 120 caps
  • Swanson Bacopa Monniera - 500mg x 90 caps
  • Swanson Herbs Tri-Strength Vinpocetine - 30mg x 60 Caps
  • I still have to buy some choline. I'm going for Choline GPC, which will come as 300mg x 60 capsules.

Some questions:
The problem is... I don't know how to take these drugs. I know that aniracetam is fat soluable, so i will have to take it with milk but how much milk?
And am I meant to take fish oil with it; and if so, how much?
Are Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam fat soluble?
How do I prepare the Pramiracetam?
What dose of each drug should i take?
Would taking 2 rounds of aniracetam/oxiracetam/pramiracetam be too much (because i am taking HUGE a stack and not 1 or 2 drugs)?
What about the dose of the other drugs?
How much Choline GPC am i meant to take? The reason i haven't bought it yet is because i think that 300mg x 60 will not be enough for this stack.
Do I take choline each time I take a drug?
How long do you think this stack will last me?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!
I don't want to start on the wrong foot. The drugs haven't yet been delivered.
Please add ANY information you can think of.

(believe it or not... BUT... I am actually studying Pharmacology and Chemistry at university. YES... I'M QUITE EMBARRASSED that i know next to nothing about what i'm getting myself into!)

Thanks for all your help!

Not to be an arrogant prick or anything like that, but if you are a pharmacology and chemistry student then you now how to use Google and Wikipedia right? Everything you need to know about the drugs you are ordering are on wikipedia. Some of the articles even mention dosages. Just use common sense. As Pike said it would stupid to take an extra choline source, when you have Huperzine A, which is a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Just do some more research and don't eat something you don't what is or what does.

Best of luck,

Anders

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 jtinktank

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

Not to be an arrogant prick or anything like that, but if you are a pharmacology and chemistry student then you now how to use Google and Wikipedia right? Everything you need to know about the drugs you are ordering are on wikipedia. Some of the articles even mention dosages. Just use common sense. As Pike said it would stupid to take an extra choline source, when you have Huperzine A, which is a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Just do some more research and don't eat something you don't what is or what does.

Best of luck,

Anders

I told you I was embarrassed... besides, i just started my course. I didn't mean to annoy anyone but i thought it would be easier to ask people that were experienced with this kind of thing. Like I've said, I've never done nootropics before and I kind of... ok DID get a bit carried away, I didn't do the research and wanted to get the '411' before the drugs arrived... I blame it on my youth!

Once I get my degree under my belt I will be a valued member of this "community"... and POSSIBLY become the 'ARROGANT PRICK' that you're certainly not. :)

Edited by jtinktank, 11 January 2010 - 10:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users