- - - - -

Selegiline compared with Selegiline Hcl

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Does anyone know the true difference between these 2 compounds? Is it just the case that Selegiline is better in terms of quality in comparison with Selegiline Hydrochloride? The only reason I ask is because I have found Selegiline Hydrochloride at a fantastic price ( http://www.qhi.co.uk...mp;match=phrase ) Although I am a bit wary of its safety after reading this -

Selegiline is a different chemical entity than Selegiline Hydrochloride (Hcl.) which is approved by the FDA as a drug. Selegiline is a natural state product whereas Selegiline Hcl. is, in essence, a controversion of Selegiline using Hydrochloric Acid, which produces a different molecule. The two products vary in efficacy, purity, and side effects. The results of a long-term study (over five years) conducted in the United Kingdom were printed in the British Medical Journal, Selegiline Hydrochloride was tested in the same manner as approved by the FDA. The study report stated: "after an average of 5-6 years' follow-up mortality was about 60% higher" than patients not using [Selegiline Hydrochloride] at all. These results have been conveniently kept quiet by Selegiline Hcl. manufacturers, the FDA, and the U.S. Government to date. (British Medical Journal, V311, December 16, 1995) Discovery Experimental and Development, Inc (DEDI), in Florida, the developer of Liquid Deprenyl Citrate, advised the FDA in 1990 that Selegiline Hcl. was dangerous, due to contamination of controlled substances and alleged neurotoxins, and has been illegally imported, distributed, and sold to a compromised segment of the U.S. This fact produced no effect and the FDA took no action. The manufacturers and distributors of Selegiline Hcl. followed suit after they were advised.

Additionally, the FDA and some state agencies have kept the over 800 scientific trials well proving the quality of life benefits of properly manufactured Selegiline from the public and press. This complacency has cost the lives of many U.S. citizens, notwithstanding the quality of people's lives in the process. This policy continues by our government, it continues even in present times, not only with Selegiline, but many other known substances that can treat, cure, and prevent terminal diseases such as cancer, heart disease, along with viral and bacterial infections.

I wouldn't know if this is just garbage or not. I presume that the difference in price between selegiline and selegiline Hcl would be down to their absorbtion, efficiency,etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users