* * * * * 1 votes

Piracetam = Sinus problems?

piracetam sinus infection immune system acetylcholine

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

This is a real mystery. I don't really feel the need to take more than 800mg a day ( and i take it on an irregular basis), the few times i tried to take more ( 1200 to 1600 mg, which is still under the 2400 maximum dose recommended by the manufacturer ) resulted each time in getting the flu or infection, just a few hours later after dosing.

I scoured the entire web for a clue and can't find a single reference to this in the medical studies.
Why do a subset of people have this reaction, while the majority of users don't ?

Any ideas ?

Edited by BlueCloud, 04 April 2017 - 09:13 AM.

#32 Wilberforce

• 69 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

I read that Piracetam is an immune suppressor.  Personally I can't take it, it causes bloating and itchy eyes.  Personally, I think it either a) feeds the bad gut bacteria like Choline appears to http://www.nbcnews.c...sm_npd_nn_fb_ma or b) kills the lot and candida takes hold. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

anyone else having these sinus/infection issues ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 Mr. Olive Oil

• 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:18 PM

Old thread I know, but I was reading a Reddit thread on how Piracetam may reduce antibody formation and may act as an immunosuppressant according to a study, and figured I would post it here in case anyone wants to discuss it considering all the reports of sickness.

https://pubmed.ncbi....ih.gov/4063506/

Abstract:

Immunomodulatory effects of piracetam and a number of its derivatives were studied in mice. It was shown that multiple injections of such substances at a dose of 50-200 mg/kg change the amount of antibody-forming cells in the spleen of animals immunized with sheep red blood cells. The dose of 200 mg/kg was the most effective one, with the direction of immunomodulatory activity depending on the chemical composition of the compounds. Thus joining of phenol radical to piracetam molecule strengthened immunosuppression, and vice versa insertion of hydrazide group led to stimulation of antibody formation. It is stressed that immunosuppressive effect of piracetam must be taken into consideration during the clinical use of the drug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, sinus, infection, immune system, acetylcholine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users