Photo
- - - - -

Annoying fatigue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Had 10 hours sleep. Woke up had a breakfast, a multivitamin, 500 mg choline and went to unversity. 6 hours later, despite having had a redbull as well as the above mentioned ones, i am yawning. Why?? Someone please let me know what this could be due to. I mean i am now sipping on a cappuchino to see if i will still yawn. It frustrated me to the point i went to iherb and ordered alcar and thyoriod in protest and anguish.

I can't manage being last year at college with this kind of tiredness! : /

#2 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Sleep apnea comes to mind...If you could provide some more insight into your lifestyle it might help.

Also, you might just be coming down with some illness, don't panic just yet :-P

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 robinhoode

• 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

Had 10 hours sleep. Woke up had a breakfast, a multivitamin, 500 mg choline and went to unversity. 6 hours later, despite having had a redbull as well as the above mentioned ones, i am yawning. Why?? Someone please let me know what this could be due to. I mean i am now sipping on a cappuchino to see if i will still yawn. It frustrated me to the point i went to iherb and ordered alcar and thyoriod in protest and anguish.

I can't manage being last year at college with this kind of tiredness! : /

I had problems with tiredness myself. I was a horrible caffeine addict for a few years. I had chronic tiredness at almost all times of the day, except the few hours after having caffeine. Come to find out that I was suffering from adrenal fatigue (google it). After that, I stopped drinking energy drinks, coffee, and soda and switched to green tea. And when I do drink tea, I stop after 5pm. I also started taking vitamin b & c as well as a multivitamin. That seemed to do the trick for the most part.

I also started a light exercise regimen. Only 50 push ups a day but I'm a scrawny mofo so it's a workout for me :) and I'm steadily increasing that number as I go.

#4 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:47 PM

Indeed, it may be sleep apnea or adrenaline fatigue. The probleem with fatigue is that it is a very common symptom. It could have a myriad underlying diseases or disorders or problems. Have you already talked about it with your physician?

#5 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

have you had a thyroid hormone assay before???? that is a common symptom for hypothyroidism.... but its only a chance

sleeping for 10 hours is too long. oversleeping can make you tired also.

Edited by medicineman, 13 January 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#6 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

have you had a thyroid hormone assay before???? that is a common symptom for hypothyroidism.... but its only a chance

sleeping for 10 hours is too long. oversleeping can make you tired also.

Agreed, when I sleep in on weekends I will usually be up for 10 hours or so then be ready for bed again. Lol.

#7 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

Nito, short questionnaire:

Do you go to bed and wake up at nearly the same time everyday? Do this you must.
Do you exercise daily or at least a couple times a week? This you should do.
Do you use CRON-o-meter to monitor your nutrient intake? I recommend doing this.
Do you use caffeine regularly? I would not recommend doing this.
Also, do you stress out about anything regularly, like social anxiety, relationships, school work, personal issues? It would be important to deal with any source of stress.

#8 nito

• Topic Starter
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

Nito, short questionnaire:

Do you go to bed and wake up at nearly the same time everyday? Do this you must.
Do you exercise daily or at least a couple times a week? This you should do.
Do you use CRON-o-meter to monitor your nutrient intake? I recommend doing this.
Do you use caffeine regularly? I would not recommend doing this.
Also, do you stress out about anything regularly, like social anxiety, relationships, school work, personal issues? It would be important to deal with any source of stress.

Sorry for the late reply!

1. Rarely, the times i go to bed and wake up are random.

2. I aint excercised since last summer when i was doing weightlifing at home. In terms of cardio, the only cardio i do is to run to the bus when i'm late. And sometimes i jump of a couple of stops before my house when i return from uni, in order to jog the last stretch. It's not alot though (4 mins jog)

3. I have never used CRON-o-meter and i must admit i don't know what it is. Will look into it.

4. I drink tea everyday and coffea maybe once a month roughly.

5. Gong through last year of college stress at the moment. Social anxiety i've managed to take control of - much better now than it used to be. Currently single. I do find it hard to go that distance with a girl. I can make her laugh and enjoy herself but i'm not good with relationship matters.

Too add. I just bought the thyroid energy and alcar from iherb. I think im starting to feel a bit more energised - although i've heard alcar only workds on the elderly. I am only 27 so i might be too young after all.

#9 Solitude

• Guest, F@H
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

1. There you go. This makes a profound difference. A bad schedule combined with a 10 hour sleep is more than enough to make anyone exhausted.

I would say you should try to fix that before you worry too much about sleep apnea or nootropics.

Just like coffee, I find that ALCAR keeps me alert if I'm sleep deprived, but neither of them do a thing if I'm tired due to excessive sleep, too many carbs, or a bad sleep schedule.

Edited by Solitude, 26 January 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#10 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:08 AM

I agree. Regularize your sleep schedule. Would it be possible for you to walk home from class once a day? 20-30 minutes of walking everyday would be good for you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 nito

• Topic Starter
  • 996 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

I agree. Regularize your sleep schedule. Would it be possible for you to walk home from class once a day? 20-30 minutes of walking everyday would be good for you.

Yea i guess i could jump of the bus 20 mins prior to my destination. I do like jogging, maybe i should do it more often as i have heard it helps with anxiety too.
Regarding the supplements, thyroid seems to have made my belly more empty, i feel skinnier, i guess it's due to it speeding up my metabolism. Alcar seems to have made me in a better mood. I need to buy ALA though as i have been taking it 4 days without.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users