• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Suggestion: Picture made up of dead people.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:40 AM

I had an idea where we take pictures of people who are currently dead and make them really small then compile all the pictures together and the end product would be a picture of... something, like the Imminst logo, the infinity symbol, or something else related to life extension.
I think what I'm proposing is called a collage, or a vintage collage (am I wrong?)

#2 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

it would obviously be considered tasteless

#3 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

like the Imminst logo

haha, cool

Could we do something sexy and nice?

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Dead people juxtaposed within the Imminst logo might have some meaning for us here at Imminst, but it might be difficult for a wider audience to find meaning and they might take it the wrong way. If we would use "dead people" in some sort of promotional campaign it should be a little more direct. Such as, a picture of Ben Franklin and his famous quote about wanting to be preserved and revived at a future date. Many people are familiar with Ben Franklin but might not know he had immortalist sentiments. There are many other famous scientists who also expressed a desire to live longer. "It is a shame they are gone", could be a catch phrase.

#5 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

Death is painful enough, everyone has loved ones who have died-we don't need to make the point more obvious by putting up pictures of dead people. I like Mind's idea better of using a person who has passed away that was not only famous but also may have been interested in being preserved or living a very long time.

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

This is a great idea. We need to keep peoples blood boiling, we need to work to lift the viel of indifference. Such a collage wouldnt be for all target audiences, but it would help with many. Sometimes when I need a pick me up to help me get going for the cause some more I take a drive through the cemetery. Whenever I see old photos it gets me angry and more motivated too.

There are a couple of topics around here that I know of that are kind of like this. Heres one: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=33916

In order for people to step out of their comfort zones they most always need to encounter a significant emotional event first. These arent exactly events, but they are nuggets, and they can help.

#7 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

I don't know if I have some people confused here but when I say "dead People" I don't mean pictures of dead bodies in the morgue, I mean pictures of people when they were alive but are currently dead.
This could include pictures of famous people and pictures of Immortalist's friends and loved ones

#8 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

This is a great idea. We need to keep peoples blood boiling, we need to work to lift the viel of indifference. Such a collage wouldnt be for all target audiences, but it would help with many. Sometimes when I need a pick me up to help me get going for the cause some more I take a drive through the cemetery. Whenever I see old photos it gets me angry and more motivated too.

There are a couple of topics around here that I know of that are kind of like this. Heres one: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=33916

In order for people to step out of their comfort zones they most always need to encounter a significant emotional event first. These arent exactly events, but they are nuggets, and they can help.

Thank you brokenportal, do you know of any computer programs which could do a collage like this?

#9 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:03 AM

Dead people juxtaposed within the Imminst logo might have some meaning for us here at Imminst, but it might be difficult for a wider audience to find meaning and they might take it the wrong way. If we would use "dead people" in some sort of promotional campaign it should be a little more direct. Such as, a picture of Ben Franklin and his famous quote about wanting to be preserved and revived at a future date. Many people are familiar with Ben Franklin but might not know he had immortalist sentiments. There are many other famous scientists who also expressed a desire to live longer. "It is a shame they are gone", could be a catch phrase.

Okay your idea sounds good to get through to a wide audience.

My idea as brokenportal said would get peoples blood boiling. What I suggest is to have an online collage that will make up the Imminst logo, 1 million pictures of dead people will make up the collage, on top of it there will be in huge bold text saying "this is how many of the ones we have cherished died." Users can submit there own pictures of deceased loved ones to make up the collage.
This will be for us immortalists to get our blood boiling for the cause if we ever need some motivation.

Edited by The Immortalist, 17 January 2010 - 02:04 AM.

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

Im not sure where to best make an online collage. I wish I did though because I used to be a big collager in real life. I always thought that the images you surrounded yourself with effected your thinking. Some poeple might have like, a Budweiser poster and a picture of the forest. I usually spend about 15 minutes laying in bed, thinking, before I get up in the morning, and I used to think about how it kind of sucked that the thing I was usually contemplating was like, the swirls in the paint, or the lines in the paneling or something like that. So I made a collage, with hopes and dreams and important concepts and things that inspire and motivate and things like that, like beaches and healthy foods and a guy hacking at the Berlin Wall, and a space shuttle in lift off, etc..

Anyways, If I were you I would start off with a general collage. Maybe consider putting them in an imminst logo later. You could try something like putting their faces in a clock or hourglass or something like that.

#11 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:12 AM

Im not sure where to best make an online collage. I wish I did though because I used to be a big collager in real life. I always thought that the images you surrounded yourself with effected your thinking. Some poeple might have like, a Budweiser poster and a picture of the forest. I usually spend about 15 minutes laying in bed, thinking, before I get up in the morning, and I used to think about how it kind of sucked that the thing I was usually contemplating was like, the swirls in the paint, or the lines in the paneling or something like that. So I made a collage, with hopes and dreams and important concepts and things that inspire and motivate and things like that, like beaches and healthy foods and a guy hacking at the Berlin Wall, and a space shuttle in lift off, etc..

Anyways, If I were you I would start off with a general collage. Maybe consider putting them in an imminst logo later. You could try something like putting their faces in a clock or hourglass or something like that.

I'm not sure if we're on the same page here.

What I am proposing is to do a type of collage that is made up of thousands of tiny pictures and when you look far away it makes one picture and you can't even see the tiny individual pictures. Do you know what I'm talking about now?

Does anyone know a program that can make these types of collages?

For the Online collage it would be the symbol of infinity, or the Imminst symbol, and when zoom in you can then start to see all the individual pictures of people who have died

#12 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

I'm not sure if we're on the same page here.

What I am proposing is to do a type of collage that is made up of thousands of tiny pictures and when you look far away it makes one picture and you can't even see the tiny individual pictures. Do you know what I'm talking about now?

Does anyone know a program that can make these types of collages?

For the Online collage it would be the symbol of infinity, or the Imminst symbol, and when zoom in you can then start to see all the individual pictures of people who have died

If anyone is having trouble picturing my idea look at this here, scroll down the page a zoom in on the image, you will see all the pictures the people have submitted.
We at Imminst could do the same thing but to make an image of the Infinity symbol or the Imminst logo made up of pictures of currently diseased people. On each individual photo the person would put "RIP year X- year X " http://www.worldofwa...sary/battlecry/ (I don't play wow!)

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:32 AM

I think either could be useful. One of course, would be easier than the other, but I know what you mean yes. This is one like it that Ive seen that comes to mind. It even already has the pictures of the dead theme in it.

Posted Image

I think this was a little bit unfair to Bush, however thats another story.

#14 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:51 AM

I think either could be useful. One of course, would be easier than the other, but I know what you mean yes. This is one like it that Ive seen that comes to mind. It even already has the pictures of the dead theme in it.

Posted Image

I think this was a little bit unfair to Bush, however thats another story.

Yes that's the type of collage I mean! If only we could find out how the Warcraft people did theirs on the link I provided, We could make our own and put it on a link on the main Imminst website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users