• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

is it bad to take piracetam on occassion?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dronez

• 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

I generally love taking phenibut about once or twice a week. I find that piracetam goes GREAT with phenibut and enhances it all around. I don't really want to take piracetam during the week however because I am taking Tianeptine and both work on glutamate receptors/NMDA/AMPA I believe.

Anyhow, the piracetam seemed to be working fine when I was taking it daily without the tianeptine. But when I started taking tianeptine, piracetam would seem to cause depression. I have also heard other reports of piracetam resulting in depression.

I don't run into depression problems with piracetam when taking it with the phenibut once or twice a week and in a smaller dose, but is it okay to not take piracetam regularly?

#2 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

I generally love taking phenibut about once or twice a week. I find that piracetam goes GREAT with phenibut and enhances it all around. I don't really want to take piracetam during the week however because I am taking Tianeptine and both work on glutamate receptors/NMDA/AMPA I believe.

Anyhow, the piracetam seemed to be working fine when I was taking it daily without the tianeptine. But when I started taking tianeptine, piracetam would seem to cause depression. I have also heard other reports of piracetam resulting in depression.

I don't run into depression problems with piracetam when taking it with the phenibut once or twice a week and in a smaller dose, but is it okay to not take piracetam regularly?

It's ok to take piracetam occasionally, however it's better to take it regularly to get the best effects. Doctors suggest to take it for at least a month.

Piracetam may cause depression, headaches if taken without choline. It has been long time since I have taken piracetam, but I remember that higher doses used to make me hyperactive, irritable and unable to focus. I guess that's why you find that piracetam goes well with anxiolytic phenibut.

I suggest you not to overdo it. 2400 mg is a sweet spot for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users