Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Piracetam - Is this normal?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thatperson

• 35 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Ok so i recently got some piracetam from SSHealthFoods, finally a Legitimate UK supplier if anyones interested ;)

At Noon I consumed 1 egg, didn't want to eat much as not to interfere with piracetam absorbtion.
At 2:40 my piracetam arrives and at 3:00 I consume 1000mg, at 4pm I handn't noticed much so I decided I probably needed an attack dose so I consumed 3000 along with 1300mg choline bitartrate (520mg choline) By 4:30 I had fallen asleep and woke up 90 minutes later at 6:00, then decided to post this report :p I don't feel tired but maybe light headed, is this normal and if so what should I do to get better results?

Edited by thatperson, 19 January 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#2 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

It takes time to elicit the more positive cognition enhancing effects of the racetams, I would at least give it a week before assuming something is wrong. I'm not sure what you were expecting, some sort of high or buzz?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 thatperson

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:23 PM

No I wasn't expecting a high or a buzz, I was more expecting the subtle things people mention that often come within the first hour, clearer more vibrant colours, music sounding more crisp, increased recall, things like that, Of course ill give it 2 weeks at least but I was expecting at least some effects within the first day.

#4 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

I had the same, the first time I used piracetam. Have had a very positive experience after that.

Edited by Novotropic, 19 January 2010 - 08:47 PM.

#5 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

In the old days 400mg used to be a useful starting dose...now people chug down several grams...I guess the stuff is becoming too cheap ;)

#6 Viscid

• 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

When I first started using Piracetam, I noticed absolutely nothing. Used it on/off for about a month before giving up on it.

Then a few months later I tried it again and noticed an almost immediate improvement in vision and verbal fluency. (Same brand, same dose.)

Whatever the effect of the piracetam; it takes time: at least a month, if not-- like my experience, longer. Don't expect instant results.

Edited by Viscid, 20 January 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#7 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:17 PM

Depends on what the person is expecting as well. Also whether that person is wired to actually appreciate something like piracetam. The way it works as an aid to an individuals mental energy, attention and mood. The pleasant colour visuals you get and appreciation of sound. It's subtle but for me that's why it is so good.

It's not recreational in any way so why the OP passed out is a bit bizzare. I remember my first dose which was about 5g and it made me go into a cleaning frenzy. Strange how people react differently. Just keep taking it daily and the effects will build up. They usually advise taking it 2/3times daily so I suppose this would be a consistent way of trying to achieve that. I only take 2g in the morning and maybe a 1g before sleep if I feel like some crazy dreams. I take breaks from Pira but for now I'm back on it as I've started a new job where I have to learn so much. I kind of noticed I was a bit mentally slow with the learning side of things and Pira has saved my ass in this sense. I was going to try oxiracetam again but that stuff sends my mind into overkill ;)

Edited by HyperHydrosis, 20 January 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#8 thatperson

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:25 PM

I think the reason I fell asleep was due to the choline, it almost always happened when i took choline alone, when i took piracetam i was fine but piracetam+choline made me fall asleep. It's been 3 days now and no reall effects apart from being "normal" as opposed to fatigued, its hard to tell whether piracetam is having a slightly positive effect or whether its just a good day.

#9 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

I think the reason I fell asleep was due to the choline, it almost always happened when i took choline alone, when i took piracetam i was fine but piracetam+choline made me fall asleep. It's been 3 days now and no reall effects apart from being "normal" as opposed to fatigued, its hard to tell whether piracetam is having a slightly positive effect or whether its just a good day.

Have you noticed any effects with how you see/hear things? Do things look more colourful?
And what about music? When I'm getting positive effects from it music can sound really good....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

Hello there,

Starting using a racetam could take as much as a couple of weeks until you see some improvements. I will give you an example here. When people are starting antidepressant drugs like the SSRIs or SNRIs it can take up to 4 weeks until they notice any good effect. Your neurotransmitters gotta adept to those subtle changes in your brain due to the racetam intake. Racetams will affect the glutamate and acetylcholine neurotransmitters (involved in learning and memory like you already know) and increasing synaptic action potential. Working on brain plasticity and synapses related to a modulation of a certain neurotransmitter and protein synthesis is not something we do overnight. The immediate change you might notice are more due to a better oxygenation of the brain.

Best regards,
M4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users