- - - - -

Please help clear a few things up for me

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Berzinji

• 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hi guys.
As you can see this is my first post and am extremly new to nootropics. Ive done my best to research on practicaly everything i can find regarding this topic but im still a litle confused. Anyway please dont hate on me if i come off as ignorant :)

Im trying to cycle through as many noots as i can just to first get a grip of how i respond to each one. My eventual goal is to develope a stack that will allow me to work for prolonged periods of time and without geting stressed out and still keeping a happy social vibe, as i find that i tend to enter either a social or work mode, with each one forbiding any activity in the other and taking a few days to transition out of. Increase in memory and mental processing is also high on my list.

Currently im taking SAMe complex from Solgar which contains per pill:

Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine HCI 10mg
Vitamin B12 as cynocobalamin 100mcg
Folic Acid 200 mcg
Magnesium oxide 50 mg
Trimethylglycine 500mg
SAMe 25mg

Choline Bitartrate inositol from vitamin world:

Choline 100 mg (from 250mg choline bitartrate)
Inositol 250 mg

and lastly EYE Q from Equazen:

Fish oil ( omega-3) 800mg
of which:
Elcosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 168mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 58mg

Evening primrose oil (omega-6) 200mg
of which:
Gamma linolenic acid 20mg
Natural vitamin E 3.6mg TE

I first started off with the SAMe complex and noticed significant improvements in energy, overall happiness and mental focus that lasted for about 3-4 hours. I read that if this is the case i should switch to other specific forms of B vitamin so that my body can make its own SAMe.
First would these make the SAMe affect permanent if taken regularly and would i have to discontinue the use of SAMe?
Secondly i took one tablet of the choline Bitartrate inositol today for the first time and didnt realy feel anything. Is this normal and how much should the dosage be. I also heard that the choline and inositol should be taken in equal quantities but these pills dont permit that, is it ok to take it in these proportions and how much should my dosage be to start off? Lastly i heard that choline Bitartrate is an inferior source of choline to the many others. Unfortunatly my choices are very limited as i dont have access to a credit card so im going with whatever i can find in nutrition shops.

I havent yet been able to find any of the more talked about noots here but i can get ahold of the herbs such as ashwaganda, bacopin, rodeola rosea and lions mane. Im considering stacking up on these for the longterm. Would this be adviseable at this point? Lastly if i do get the chance, which 1 nootropic do you recomend that i order considering that it may be a long time before i can order another one.

Thank you so much in advance!

#2 Berzinji

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

Woooowwww ok...

I just found out that the choline Bitartrates side affects include nausea and increased body temperature and i realised that im experiancing exactly that to quite a large extent. Doese this mean that i should discontinue its use? Perhaps switch to another source or just avoid choline altogether?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

you are not taking that high a dose of choline..... 250mg is candy for some people on this forum. Do cut it, and see how it goes, I think it might be something else that might be causing it... otherwise, if you can find omega 3 with a higher levels of DHA, it would be preferable. I personally take omega 3 with 180/120 ratio, but i also take dha on its own.....

#4 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Personally i would add niacin or remove all the Bs and go for a vitamin B complex that includes niacin (B3). Now you might say ''but i have Inositol''. Many people think that Inositol can replace niacin but this is not true because you are not getting the active form of niacin and it have a different impact the lipid modifying functions. So i believe you should get a good B complex from a health store and the extra niacin will be flushed anyway. I would like to add that adding the Bs is useless if you have a completely healthy diet on a daily basis since you will flush it all.

Best regards,
M4

Edited by M4Y0U, 23 January 2010 - 01:33 AM.

#5 Berzinji

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:27 AM

Well i think ihl cut it for a few days and restart maybe next weekend and see if the effects persist. I think the side effect that comes down to quantity is only the diohrea and this might just be a personal reaction. Anyway lets see how it goese.

As for the niacin would you reccomend taking picamilon? I think that i should cut the SAMe complex and just go after a source of methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) and methylfolate (vitamin B9) as these are the one required to produce it right? So far the B complex multis ive seen dont actualy have these forms of the the vitamins.

Thank you very much for your reply!

#6 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

Well i think ihl cut it for a few days and restart maybe next weekend and see if the effects persist. I think the side effect that comes down to quantity is only the diohrea and this might just be a personal reaction. Anyway lets see how it goese.

As for the niacin would you reccomend taking picamilon? I think that i should cut the SAMe complex and just go after a source of methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) and methylfolate (vitamin B9) as these are the one required to produce it right? So far the B complex multis ive seen dont actualy have these forms of the the vitamins.

Thank you very much for your reply!

I believe the nausea is due to the extreme changes happening in your brain and body and diarrhea is due to flushing. The nausea should only last for a short period of time so your body can adapt to those changes. One option you might consider is to order piracetam powder with some choline. 1000g would be a wise choice (http://www.vitacart....aceuticsrx.html). B complex with niacin are easy to find at your local health store. For a better absorption i suggest a sublingual complex but pills are okay tho but i repeat, the best way to get your Bs is from good nutrition eg start your day with cereals containing high amount of Bs. In my humble opinion i don't recommend SAMe. What you are trying to achieve is avoid sleepiness and better cognitive functions basically right? Then i would go for the piracetam + choline and add up some Rhodiola rosea and the B complex. You know caffeine is still a good stimulant too lol. Modafinil can be added to your stack if you have the money... Fish oils are good but i would only take omega-3 as a supplement... The rest should be in you diet and they are not so good to abuse. Keep it simple and eat well.

Best regards,
M4

#7 Berzinji

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

Ah thanks for the advice again! I think ihl give the B complex a shot and ive been looking to try out piracetam. However i think ihl start with the smallest quantity available as i hear quite a few people dont respond to it so ide rather keep it small for now just to test. I think ihl get some friends credit card and order from relentless improvement.

I took the choline bitartrate and inositol again today about 2 hours ago and got a mild case of Diarreha but no nausea or tempreture increase today. I do feel the positiv effects however. I hope the side effects subside soon. Would i benefit from upping my dosage after they go?

For now im only looking to try things out and get a grip of what these noots can do for me. Though eventualy i would like to maximise every aspect of mental capability and develope the ability to focus for very prolonged periods of time (10 hours plus?) as well as maintain a happy, social almost euphoric state. Again pls dont hate on my ignorrance! Perhaps i have mispercieved what can be achieved here due to exagerated accounts however im geting into this with a give it your best shot and and let the chips fall where they may atitude so im not pushing for unrealistic results.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

Diarrhea is due to bad absorption therefore, i don't think you will get any benefits upping your dose. You can still try to up your dose when the symptoms vanish but I would be careful about that and try to find a dosage that is suitable for your metabolism. I don't know if i told you but Rhodiola rosea is a good adaptogen that will stimulate you and increase your dopamine by a bit, might be a good thing to consider when you go buy that B complex ( you can find it at your local food supplements store too ).

Best regards,
M4

Ah thanks for the advice again! I think ihl give the B complex a shot and ive been looking to try out piracetam. However i think ihl start with the smallest quantity available as i hear quite a few people dont respond to it so ide rather keep it small for now just to test. I think ihl get some friends credit card and order from relentless improvement.

I took the choline bitartrate and inositol again today about 2 hours ago and got a mild case of Diarreha but no nausea or tempreture increase today. I do feel the positiv effects however. I hope the side effects subside soon. Would i benefit from upping my dosage after they go?

For now im only looking to try things out and get a grip of what these noots can do for me. Though eventualy i would like to maximise every aspect of mental capability and develope the ability to focus for very prolonged periods of time (10 hours plus?) as well as maintain a happy, social almost euphoric state. Again pls dont hate on my ignorrance! Perhaps i have mispercieved what can be achieved here due to exagerated accounts however im geting into this with a give it your best shot and and let the chips fall where they may atitude so im not pushing for unrealistic results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users