Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam loses effect after two weeks

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

Anyone else this has happened to, that has ADHD?

yes, in the past, my experience was very similar to the OPs. I've been taking piracetam again since around the 5th of feburary, and i've been experiencing consistent results ever since around after the two or three week mark. in the past, i would only experience results up until that point. the only thing i did differently this time around is that i didn't supplement with the same choline sources. i used eggs for the first three weeks, and only added in DMAE when i experienced more drastic anticholinergic effects. like i said, the piracetam started working after several weeks this time, and continued to work ever since. I reduced my egg intake somewhat, but i still eat at least a carton every week or so. I occasionally add the dmae back in, usually in low doses. I've explained why i think this is probably working in the piracetam non-responders thread. the effect i'm experiencing is extremely evident and my personality change has been commented on by multiple people. I also supplement with rhodiola rosea. I don't know why what i did is working so well, but it is. i guess that all i can recommend is that you try and replicate what i did. you will have some brainfog for several weeks and you might feel tired at certain points. this is necessary in order for your acetylcholine receptors to upregulate. as i find it unlikely that the lecithin that you're taking is even doing much, you basically ARE doing what i'm recommending. i'm not certain on this point and i'm not sure how much you're taking. i've put a lot of thought into this and have tried piracetam multiple times over the last few years, each time with different dosage combinations and supplements and lifestyle habbits. drop the lecithin, eat eggs every day, and supplement with DMAE at times when you get noticeable brain fog. after a couple weeks you might find your experiencing consistent effects. another thing i may recommend is ingesting lower dosages of caffeine throughout the day. preferably though the form of tea. it seems to activate the piracetam in some way. this will also help with the initial brain fog you may experience without any choline sources other than eggs and occasional DMAE.

I've found to combat the brain fog affect of Piracetam, I need to mix in L-Glutamine. Daily B-complex (liquid) and also rhodiola rosea (liquid) helps. I have to say, though, that L-Glutamine has brought back the good piracetam feelings for me several times.

My hypothesis would be that the L-Glutamine is synthesizing in your body to produce increased GABA levels in your brain (L-Glutamine is a GABA precursor, I Would approach supplementing it with caution, see here) thereby increasing your feeling of well being. B-complex and rhodiola will boost your energy levels undoubtedly. In reality, you may not be experiencing the effects of piracetam at all but rather an effect of the combo of GABA, B complex and rhodiola. Just for a heads up.

Interesting. I did run out of the Rhodiala and had a noticeable decrease in mood. I only realized this once I started supplementing again. I may attempt to skip a day or two of the Piracetam while keeping all else consistent to see if the anxiety, etc. creeps up. Also, thanks for the L-Glutamine link. I'll check it out.

#32 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Anyone else here find that adding L-Glutamine has improved or reinvigorated piracetam's effects? I personally haven't noticed any diminished effects other than the extreme effects I experienced when combined with cannabis early on subsiding. I still get slight vision sharpness (really stands out at night while driving), improved mood, improved articulation, and vivid dreams. Regardless I am curious to try adding L-Glutamine & ALCAR to my regimen to experiment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

Anyone else here find that adding L-Glutamine has improved or reinvigorated piracetam's effects? I personally haven't noticed any diminished effects other than the extreme effects I experienced when combined with cannabis early on subsiding. I still get slight vision sharpness (really stands out at night while driving), improved mood, improved articulation, and vivid dreams. Regardless I am curious to try adding L-Glutamine & ALCAR to my regimen to experiment.

I use L-Glutamine and ALCAR as part of my "piracetam stack". The ALCAR was my final choline supplement after trying a few. I found the L-Glutamine to be a necessary component to keep my piracetam stack balanced (read: effective). It seemed such an ordinary addition at the time, but it turned out to be a keeper to combat my piracetam tolerance issues and i still take it. I still don't know why it works, but it does.

Edited by owtsgmi, 06 March 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#34 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

JChief,
Ha...upon rereading the thread i realize you are asking for other opinions besides mine! It will be interesting to see. I would recommend trying some L-Glutamine first (I take Jarrows 1000mg 9am and 2pm daily). See if that keeps the piracetam potentiated. Then, mix in the ALCAR in place of your other choline source.

Edited by owtsgmi, 06 March 2012 - 07:05 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#35 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

L-Glutamine it produced huge amount increase in color contrast ,but effect not benefit for cognitive enhancer we wish ,it give more manic like symptom .

Some herb really interesting but herb supplement seem harmful my too many mechanism ,we not need it .

DMAE theory by "Brain" seem very interesting ,we need more genie pig /experimenter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users