Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam and Deprenyl

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kewell

• 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

Has anyone used these two in conjunction?
Are there any contraindications using these two together?

I'm looking for an increase in concentration and longer mental endurance with studying.

#2 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

Has anyone used these two in conjunction?
Are there any contraindications using these two together?

I'm looking for an increase in concentration and longer mental endurance with studying.

I've used them together. Not for any length of time though, just for a couple of days. I enjoyed the result. It was pretty stimulating though so be sure to take it in the morning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rhcan09

• 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

Any thoughts as to a "sweet spot" for deprenyl dosage?

I understand that it looses it's specificity somewhere around 10-15mg and becomes potentially dangerous without a restricted diet.

#4 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Any thoughts as to a "sweet spot" for deprenyl dosage?

I understand that it looses it's specificity somewhere around 10-15mg and becomes potentially dangerous without a restricted diet.

It depends on what you're using it for. The 'sweet spot' also differs between individuals.

I would start with 5mg and slowly increase it as required. Ideally you want the minimum dosage which elicits the desired effects.

#5 Rhcan09

• 74 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

Intended use is as a nootropic only.

As it tends to come in 5mg per pill, I'm wondering whether I should attempt to split that into 2.5mg twice daily?

Do you know anything about the halflife of deprenyl?

#6 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:19 AM

Intended use is as a nootropic only.

As it tends to come in 5mg per pill, I'm wondering whether I should attempt to split that into 2.5mg twice daily?

Do you know anything about the halflife of deprenyl?

As a nootropic do not go over 10mg. It is unnecessary to split the dose since deprenyl is an irreversible selective inhibitor of the B-isoform of monoamine oxidase, and as such has a duration of clinical effect that persists long after the drug has been excreted.

#7 Kewell

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:53 AM

Also, where do you all get your deprenyl from?

Is the Jumex brand effective? or is the EMSAM patch more effective?
Can anyone tell me the major differences?

I was thinking about getting it from IAS but I'm not sure.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 winston

• 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

I don't recall if the EMSAM patch is a bit more or a bit less potent per milligram than a pill version, but regardless it's much much more expensive.
It's good for depression because even at high doses you don't have to restrict your diet, since it doesn't go through your digestive system.

I've heard some vague claims that some brands are better than others..but nothing significant. alldaychemist.com is probably the cheapest source, but I'm not totally sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users