• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Confused: does Piracetam lower cortisol levels?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jasonshadow

• 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

The reason I ask is b/c I have Adrenal Fatigue diagnosis for the last 2 years and have to supplement with Cortef or Isocort to increase natural cortisol levels. B/c of my epilipsy I had for 10 years I have suffered with learning/memory issues for most of my life. I am now 33 years old working full time and going back to school to complete a BS in business. I am finding it very difficult to concentrate, absorb and recall information. I want to try Piracetam but obviously do not want to lower my Cortisol any lower than it already is.

Any suggestions? Will the other racetams have the same effect on Cortisol? Are there any other nootropics that lower cortisol that I should stay away from?

Many thanks to all who answer.

#2 bbswny

• 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:14 AM

The reason I ask is b/c I have Adrenal Fatigue diagnosis for the last 2 years and have to supplement with Cortef or Isocort to increase natural cortisol levels. B/c of my epilipsy I had for 10 years I have suffered with learning/memory issues for most of my life. I am now 33 years old working full time and going back to school to complete a BS in business. I am finding it very difficult to concentrate, absorb and recall information. I want to try Piracetam but obviously do not want to lower my Cortisol any lower than it already is.

Any suggestions? Will the other racetams have the same effect on Cortisol? Are there any other nootropics that lower cortisol that I should stay away from?

It slightly elevates it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jasonshadow

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

It slightly elevates it.

It seems like the thread "Piracetam non-responders" shows that it lowers cortisol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

It slightly elevates it.

evidence please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users