Photo
- - - - -

Help a newbie plz

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Horse Thief

• 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

Today I purchased Piracetam and a Inisitol & Choline blend. I plan on starting them tomorrow 1200mg piracetam, 250 mg inositol, and 250mg choline. I work in the construction industry and am a little worried about them making me feel dizzy or jittery. As I work on scaffolding and with power tools a lot of the time. I normally drink several NOS or Code Red's a day, and have a fairly good tolerance to energy drinks. Do you think I will be fine to start this stack while working or should I start on a weekend when I have time to adjust?
The reason that I'm giving this a try is that I start college in the Fall. I have difficulty focusing and keeping organized but consider myself to be relatively intelligent. I have been drinking a lot of energy drinks for their stimulant properties and to help me cope with my "ADD". I took all AP classes in high school and did well, although I was pretty dependent on Adderall to help me with this. I've been out of the Academic realm for several years now and am nervous about starting again. I find I have problems in my life due to my inability to concentrate and am really hoping to find a combination of supplements to help me this. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
In advance, thank you so much. Sorry for being such a noob.

#2 Shay

• 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

Today I purchased Piracetam and a Inisitol & Choline blend. I plan on starting them tomorrow 1200mg piracetam, 250 mg inositol, and 250mg choline. I work in the construction industry and am a little worried about them making me feel dizzy or jittery. As I work on scaffolding and with power tools a lot of the time. I normally drink several NOS or Code Red's a day, and have a fairly good tolerance to energy drinks. Do you think I will be fine to start this stack while working or should I start on a weekend when I have time to adjust?
The reason that I'm giving this a try is that I start college in the Fall. I have difficulty focusing and keeping organized but consider myself to be relatively intelligent. I have been drinking a lot of energy drinks for their stimulant properties and to help me cope with my "ADD". I took all AP classes in high school and did well, although I was pretty dependent on Adderall to help me with this. I've been out of the Academic realm for several years now and am nervous about starting again. I find I have problems in my life due to my inability to concentrate and am really hoping to find a combination of supplements to help me this. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

From my experience as a recent adopter of piracetam and choline sources, I was dropping things and bumping into walls for the first several days! Be careful!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hello there,

it's ok to add a racetam, inositol and choline to your regiment but there's one thing you should be aware of and it's nutrition comes before supplements. Try to get a good whole grain cereal with soy milk as a breafast with an egg if you feel like not having enough. Basically try to eat healthy. If you can't do that then i would recommend to add some supplements to your regiment but you must be aware that they are way less bioavailable than the vitamins and minerals you get in your food.

-Suglingual B Vitamins Complex, it will help you metabolism and it does have an effect of making better use of the body's own energy mechanism, even improve cognitive performances.
-At least 2,000UI Vitamin D if you sun exposure is reduced
-Beta-Carotene (your vitamin A if you are not into veggies that much)
-Fish Oil ( Omega-3 ), our everyday diet is loaded with omega-6 and 9 and not enough omega-3 unless you eat a lot of fish and please eat small fishes they contain more omega-3 and less mercury.
-Magnesium (chelated with amino acids is better)
-Vitamin C (Ester-C 1,000mg with calcium is good) or a good vitamin C with flavonoids).

Eat well!

So that's the basics... I would suggest adding Green+ Daily Detox every morning (powder formula please). It is loaded with superfood that are rich and antioxidants and other phytochemicals and enzymes that will help you metabolism and will give you the daily veggies intake you need.

I woud start your new regiment on the week-end who knows what reaction you can have.

Please cut the energy drinks and go for Rhodiola rosea which is a stimulating adaptogen and considered a cognitive enhancer. Energy drinks are loaded with sugars and it bad for you. The human body have about 4grams of sugar to deal with normally then when you add up 20 grams it's like very heavy on your metabolism.

Best regards,
M4

Edited by M4Y0U, 02 February 2010 - 02:03 AM.

#4 Horse Thief

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I think I'm going to def wait for the weekend to start these, that way I can do some good grocery shopping and make sure I'm playing it safe. Also M4 I was just reading about the Rhodiola rosea. Do you know how long it takes to get an effect from?

I've gotten myself into a bad habit of staying up too late due to my caffeine consumption, then drinking more energy drinks the next to compensate for the lack of sleep. Its a viscous cycle but I think I'll let it play itself out until the weekend.

#5 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:06 AM

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I think I'm going to def wait for the weekend to start these, that way I can do some good grocery shopping and make sure I'm playing it safe. Also M4 I was just reading about the Rhodiola rosea. Do you know how long it takes to get an effect from?

I've gotten myself into a bad habit of staying up too late due to my caffeine consumption, then drinking more energy drinks the next to compensate for the lack of sleep. Its a viscous cycle but I think I'll let it play itself out until the weekend.

Monoamine oxidase inhibition will be slower. Action on serotonin might be very subtle and happen slowly ( up to 4 weeks ). Stimulating effect should appear after 1 hour, can increase as the inhibition takes place.

Best regards,
M4

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Healthy56

• 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

I can tell you what my experience was with Rhodiola. I had a frustrating time trying to identify one that would work like they were saying. The problem initially was that my doctor recommended one type of Rhodiola, something that had an extract called MBS-13, and instead I went and bought a cheapie at Whole Foods. I think it had their brand on it, or one of the bigger vitamin companies. No luck - took two bottles, no effect. But I DID get a "taste" of what it was like, and I wanted more. When I eventually found the one the doctor had told me about, it was about one box full (50 or 60 capsules) and I was on for a full blown Rhodiola blast. Mega upward trends on my positive viewpoints, mental clarity, writing like an absolute champ (on my job). SO hang in there with Rhodiola. Go for the good stuff, don't suffer the cheazy stuff, and you're looking at a couple of weeks to get a really big deal of quality of life improvement. Good luck! (And I SURE AGREE with the advice to get out of the Energy Drink business. For me, it was those sweet Starbucks drinks!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users