Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

a few quick newbie questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 munkeegutz

• 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Hey everyone! I'm just joining the ImmInst community and I really like what I see: I think humanity needs to put greater emphasis on longevity and cognitive enhancement yesterday. Anyways, I clearly have no experience so I figure I'll start off with piracetam and a choline. The cheapest source of piracetam I found was 500g in powder form for ~$20. That's at http://www.smartpowd...roductCode=2315 . Are they a reasonably safe place to buy from? Is there any advantage of a powder form over a capsule (or vice versa)? How much how much choline should I be taking, and which kind? Finally, I'm trying to keep it simple (and especially trying to avoid stimulants and the such), but is there any other supplements I should consider, other than the usual multivitamin/omega-3/nutrition/exercise?

Thanks guys, hopefully I can hop on the gravy train with you!

#2 What'sAllThisThen

• 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:35 AM

I'm new as well, so I'm not the best source of info, but I have picked up a few things and should give back to the forum so I'll help where I can.

Smartpowders is a reliable source and will be the same as Primaforce, as they're both operated by the same guy.

The advantage of powder form is that it's cheaper and you can vary the doses more. While in capsule form you can only take multiples of whatever size it is. So if it's an 800mg pill, you can only take 800mg, 1600mg, 2400mg, etc. In powder you can take as little or as much as you want. The disadvantage with powder is you have to taste it (which I can't comment on as I've never had it.)

The most recommended sources of Choline around here seem to be CDP-Choline and Alpha-GPC. Both are more expensive than other sources, but you need less of them and they supposedly provide some of the best results. There is more info regarding CDP so many sway to that one for that reason. How much to take... I don't really know.

As for info on other nootropics you might want to take a look at this thread... Ten Months of Research

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 babcock

• 299 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:15 AM

Glad you joined. If you want advice on noots you've come to the right place. If you're interested in piracetam just use the handy search feature and search for it. You'll find tons of threads on all the different aspects of it.

To share my experience, I started on a regimen of 4g Piracetam(Smart powders brand)\500mg CDP Choline(Jarrow)\400mg Pyritinol(Cognitive Nutrition) 3 weeks ago. I finally started feeling effects this week on Monday. I wouldn't say the feelings I get are spectacular or even make me feel any smarter. I feel like my head is "disengaged" (medicine head is the word) from my body for about 30 mins to an hour about a half hour after I take this cocktail. Then, towards the end of the workday I develop an on and off headache very minor but noticeable since I don't get headaches. After two weeks of not noticing any effects I started increasing the Piracetam dose by 1g/day until I was up to 8g. On the 8g day I felt the effects and now I'm coming down 1g per day until I see the effects diminish. Today I was at 5g and still felt it.

I can point out one mistake I'm making. I think I should definitely be splitting the dosage out during the course of the day if I want the effect to be prevalent. Also, I definitely think piracetem is a situational performance enhancer and not an "everyday" enhancer (unless maybe your everyday you have lots of work/studying to do). Once I figure out my proper "dosage" i'm going to stop taking it everyday and only use it when I need it.

Anyway, search around you'll find lots of info on these forums.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 munkeegutz

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:41 AM

yeah thanks for the welcome guys--it really looks like the place to be. Actually I'm just sticking to nootropics for now, soon I'm planning to branch out into life extension in general. Take one step at a time, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users