Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Racetams and testosterone levels

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ventus

• 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

Are there any studies regarding racetams and testosterone levels? The only study on this topic I could find was conducted on mice.

http://www.springerl...u2450233627823/

The general knowledge seems to be that racetams decrease testosterone levels. Therefore I'm considering to add Horny Goat Weed to my daily stack.

What is your experience?

Ventus

#2 Ventus

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

*bringing the topic up*

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

i'm very interested in this as well. from my experience it is hard to tell, but i have a slight and vague sense that when i take a lot of racetams i get less horny, but it could also be an unrelated psychological things (as in i get more interested in the world and thus less with sex). so horny goat weed - is that to increase testosterone or to offset a significant side effect of low T (low libido)?

#4 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

Horny goat weed is estrogenic. Why would you want to raise your estrogen? Why not use Nettle Root powder?

#5 russianBEAR

• 432 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Don't think there's any link. Testosterone feels quite a bit different from any fluctuation you get on piracetam.

#6 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:36 AM

I definitely feel a decrease in libido when I'm taking piracetam, but this may simply be due to my mind being better-focused on other tasks.

#7 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Is there anyone who had a racetam other than piracetam work for them? If so, then which racetam was that? I am considering putting piracetam on the shelf and moving forward. I got 10% left of my 500g, which i will finish but after than i need to experience a new racetam!

#8 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:40 PM

Nah....there's no effect whatsoever. I got me some Mucuna Pruriens which is supposed to be an aphrodisiac so we shall see :-D

#9 caffeinehead

• 35 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

that's odd...I'm having the opposite effect with pramiracetam. the only other supps I take are ala, ALCAR, magnesium and B12

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Are there any studies regarding racetams and testosterone levels? The only study on this topic I could find was conducted on mice.

http://www.springerl...u2450233627823/

The general knowledge seems to be that racetams decrease testosterone levels. Therefore I'm considering to add Horny Goat Weed to my daily stack.

What is your experience?

Ventus

Try heavy squats and lifting in general then see what you think. I have just started a big (ish) stack of nootropics a few days ago but i am also doing a strength training routine. I'm 26, horny as hell and feel aggressive. But at the same time i can tell the sups/noots i'm taking are also keeping that aggressiveness in check. But overall definitely some high levels of natural test running through me at the moment. Never taken steroids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users