Photo
- - - - -

ashwagandha and piracetam?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dronez

• 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

are these two supplements okay to take together? no contradictory mechanisms or anything?

what about Idebenone? is that okay to take with either of these? thanks.

#2 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

are these two supplements okay to take together? no contradictory mechanisms or anything?

From my experience idebenone synergizes very well with all of the racetams and even potentiates their effects. It actually says on my bottle that it is best taken in conjunction with aniracetam although I have only used it with piracetam.
Whenever I have taken piracetam and ashwagandha together during a morning dose I have felt really weird. It's the same when I mix piracetam with rhodiola too. Although when I take piracetam in the morning and ashwagndha in the evening there is no clash of effects whatsoever so it could just be about timing. This would make sense for me as piracetam is stimulating and the ash would be taken in the evening when I feel like I need to wind down.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

Ha, I was just thinking this the other day due to the mechanism of action of both particularly on the Muscarnic Acetylcholine receptor. I have felt Ashwagandha to be more a sedative with mind focusing prowess, while the Piracetam to be a mind expander, yet corrupting the natural focus of the mind. This to me speaks of a difference in effect and I wondered if the two would not either negate each other in some manner or that maybe the focus loss of Piracetam could be alleviated by Ashwagandha.

Thorsten, could you go into a little bit more detail as to what you mean by weird? Thanks in advance.

Edited by mentatpsi, 07 February 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#4 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

My Ashwagandha will be here in the next day or two and I'll respond after a few days to a week with how it interacts with piracetam.

#5 hammyaz

• 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

For six months, I have been taking Ashwagandha before bed and Piracetam in the morning. I do not notice any negative effects, and actually believe the Ashwagandha improves my sleep quality.

What matters is how it makes you feel. I know some who enjoy taking Ashwagandha in the morning. I am not aware of any negative effects created by taking them together.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

Ha, I was just thinking this the other day due to the mechanism of action of both particularly on the Muscarnic Acetylcholine receptor. I have felt Ashwagandha to be more a sedative with mind focusing prowess, while the Piracetam to be a mind expander, yet corrupting the natural focus of the mind. This to me speaks of a difference in effect and I wondered if the two would not either negate each other in some manner or that maybe the focus loss of Piracetam could be alleviated by Ashwagandha.

Thorsten, could you go into a little bit more detail as to what you mean by weird? Thanks in advance.

Haha sorry for the late reply buddy. I wasn't even aware of this question!

In all honesty I wouldn't be able to tell you. This was months ago when I was heavily into my piracetam and occasionally experimenting with other compounds, ashwaghanda included. I haven't used piracetam for about 3 months so I've forgot what that even feels like (I remember the sweet piracetam high though).
I've started using ashwaghanda again recently but so far I've obtained very little from it! I so want it to work though. It sounds perfect on paper. Something that enhances my memory,cognition and focus but also induces a relaxed state of mind. Has it also been cited as an anti-depressant? So you can see why I would love it to work!! Maybe it will (in time lol)

I know what you mean by the clash of mechanism though. I was always wary of trying these two together and wasn't happy by the way they synergized.
From what I can remember I think it was the happy productive high I got from piracetam was somehow corrupted by ashwaghanda. It kind of put me in a 'lost' state of mind - not knowing whether I was in the zone or not?

Edited by Thorsten, 24 June 2010 - 07:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users