• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Do YOU really want indefinite life extension?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

Calling all people who want it, who really want it. For those of you already fighting I think this can make a good reminder. For those of you that haven’t dug in yet the theme in this song is a good reminder.

Dig in, this cause is on its way to informing the world. The sooner the better. We cant spare moments. The grave has no mercy and neither can we in our determination.

The sooner we all work together to help inform the world, the sooner we will be able to take the science all the way there and see if indefinite life extension, the keys to all of existence, are there in our biologies or not.

Heres some good places to dig in if your interested, join a team here, take a position here, or let us help you dig in by answering this question here.

Edited by brokenportal, 08 February 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#2 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:10 AM

YES! :D
I had a dream tonight that someone from the forums was helping me join some cryonics team and help advocate it, that was cool :D a bit scary though.. and I had to keep traveling because there is no cryonics in Israel, lucky that getting to other countries is easy in dreams..

#3 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

yes, I want all the time I need to do en to see things I want to see in life :p

Talking about dreams: last year I dreamed I was leader of an cryonics organization :p

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:13 AM

yes, I want all the time I need to do en to see things I want to see in life :~

Talking about dreams: last year I dreamed I was leader of an cryonics organization :p

neat, too bad I actually am afraid of cryonics and think that even if it works I am not sure if it is really you.

But what are you planning to do after you seen everything, if that is even possible? :~ Even then I want to keep on living because if I died/die it just doesn't matter, living is better even if it's pointless, if you are dead there is nothing, not even the feeling of boredom, I don't want that, I want to live even if there is nothing, I want to feel forever, think forever and be forever and hopefully have other people with me forever and never die :p
And something new will always come, and even if not, we will learn how to manage :p somehow,, sleep for a long while but if you are gone and you can't turn it back then that's it, no goodie, I always want back sometime :)

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:10 AM

Well, dreams can be part of a good step. If you can conceive it and beleive it then you can acheive it. It can help a lot to continuously envision what you are after. Not only the over all big goals, but the medium term goals, and the every day steps it takes to get there.

You could both lead cryonics team. You can both lead Imminst teams. Of course, Jeditmasterlucia, you do, and of course there is always more, bigger, better things ahead on these paths. Luna you could lead a team too. Please to keep your ambition burning by keeping up as a team member of the internetworking team. Your past work helped a lot, and you can continue to be a bigger and bigger force in that team.

And to you both, and especially people who havent dug in yet, remember that, as Mr. Loggins here says:

"Stand up and fight
This is it
Make no mistake where you are
This is it"

#6 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

neat, too bad I actually am afraid of cryonics and think that even if it works I am not sure if it is really you.

why are you thinking that?

But what are you planning to do after you seen everything, if that is even possible? :-D Even then I want to keep on living because if I died/die it just doesn't matter, living is better even if it's pointless, if you are dead there is nothing, not even the feeling of boredom, I don't want that, I want to live even if there is nothing, I want to feel forever, think forever and be forever and hopefully have other people with me forever and never die :)
And something new will always come, and even if not, we will learn how to manage :) somehow,, sleep for a long while but if you are gone and you can't turn it back then that's it, no goodie, I always want back sometime :)

I think I will find new interests to explore. I am not easily bored.

#7 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Can somebody please clarify. When you say you want to live forever (indefinite life extension, immortality etc) do they really mean forever i.e trillions and trillions of years? Either talk about living forever, (until the end of the universe) or talk about 'long' or 'extremely long' lifespans which means a lifetime of a few thousand years. This second option is much more realistic than the first.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Can somebody please clarify. When you say you want to live forever (indefinite life extension, immortality etc) do they really mean forever i.e trillions and trillions of years? Either talk about living forever, (until the end of the universe) or talk about 'long' or 'extremely long' lifespans which means a lifetime of a few thousand years. This second option is much more realistic than the first.

Right, we dont mean forever, we mean indefinite, or unlimited. You can always get hit by a bus, catch a rogue disease, succumb to death via the explosion of a neighboring star, or something like that.

Our cells burn dirty, junk is building up, its not a magic trick or an unalterable absolute or something like that. We just need to figure out how to "change the oil" on our bodies so to speak. We can stop our cells dirt build up from killing us, and if/when we do then theres a pretty good chance our lifespans will become indefinite.

#9 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

Yes

#10 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:52 AM

YES

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

YES! :D

Yes

YES

Are you sure? Are you all really sure? Jedimasterlucia says yes and demonstrates it, which is excellent.

Luna you joined the internetworking team but I see you havent indicated your contributions for a few months now.

Mikee5 and N.T.M. I beleive you, but you need to digg in. Have either of you done any of the three things listed and linked in the topic yet?

To quote the song in this topic again,

"Are you going to wait for your sign?
Your miracle?
Stand up and fight.
This is it,
make no mistake where you are."

Every, single, little, bit, and morsel, and ounce and fragment of energy and contribution adds up. Put in your 2 cents today, the change ads up.

#12 chuckb

• 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Most certainly. Unequivocally. YES I want to no longer be subjected to natural aging death. I furthermore hope to enjoy a fully developed medical science that will ensure nobody need die of any disease or even moderate injury.

I take less risks than I did in my youth simply because indefinite life extension is now a distinct possibility. But it will never come to pass if we do not regulate the planet's environment and resources, and push very very hard for this required research.
Since the aging Baby Boomers are both numerous and more self-centered, we have a good chance of getting them to fund life extension research. We need to motivate them, because their time is running out. This year, those born at the end of WW2 are retirement age!

#13 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:28 PM

Most certainly. Unequivocally. YES I want to no longer be subjected to natural aging death. I furthermore hope to enjoy a fully developed medical science that will ensure nobody need die of any disease or even moderate injury.

excellent

I take less risks than I did in my youth simply because indefinite life extension is now a distinct possibility. But it will never come to pass if we do not regulate the planet's environment and resources, and push very very hard for this required research.
Since the aging Baby Boomers are both numerous and more self-centered, we have a good chance of getting them to fund life extension research. We need to motivate them, because their time is running out. This year, those born at the end of WW2 are retirement age!

Help us get a move on in doing things like motivating them then and plug into a project or team. There are links to some of the areas in this topic, and a few minutes of searching around imminst will turn up many of them too. Volunteering is helping propel the basic idea outlined in this developing plan.

#14 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

We really should take action now. First of all because we have no moral right to decide if we should do this on not - if we can save people - we should. Aging kills, aging can be stopped, - then we must stop it.

Secondarily economy is based on growth and expansion - and it WILL lie in ruins, if world population will continue to age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9e7P28AHiM

So bottom-line: I'm surely for it, for life extension. Only person her(him)self should decide how to live - it is personal freedom. Only together we can solve it, that is why I'm on the team.

#15 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'm all for biological life extension, though I don't think we'll ever be able to achieve it infinitely (as some other member mentioned). I'm sure we'll have technology that will allow us to live for several centuries, but not forever. There are people here who would like to live on as a computer program or some machine, but I'm not into that; if I'm going to live for a long time I'd rather it be in my own body not in some machine.

#16 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

I dont see many instances of infinitely around here. Most people say indefinitely and most people that say infinitely or immortal or forever mean indefinitely but arent saying it right. As for a machine, I cant say that I would like being a machine at this point either, but you might, and you should let yourself make that choice if it gets to that point. The variables will all be different if it does. Youll have heard many testimonials of how it did or didnt work for other people, you may get to try it out with out it going permanent, you may do it slowly over time taking on a piece at a time, and although most people think cold hard steel and silicon chips, it seems to me it will be a much more hybrid combo in the future that will be much more tissue like, maybe they will learn to grow nerves and the nerve sensations will all be the same.

#17 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

If you really want something, the only way to get it is to work, and not just work, but working effectively as a team.

#18 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

I like how these Loggins lyrics mash up with the lyrics from this 3 Days Grace song:

"Even if I say "It'll be all right,"
still I hear you say you want to end your life...
Now and again we try to just stay alive.
Maybe we'll turn it all around,
'cause it's not too late.
It's never too late."

Loggins:

"You think that maybe it's over, only if you want it to be. Are you going to wait for your sign, your miracle? Stand up and fight, this is it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users