Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

How much time do you have to spend studying to get

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:54 AM

How much time do you have to spend studying each day to get an A or A+ on every subject in school?

What do I do if I get really tired during the day or get a head splitting headache? I seem to be prone to getting headaches. How often should I rest/take a break?

I'm really scared that I'm not going to get good enough marks to get into university.

#2 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

How much time do you have to spend studying each day to get an A or A+ on every subject in school?

What do I do if I get really tired during the day or get a head splitting headache? I seem to be prone to getting headaches. How often should I rest/take a break?

I'm really scared that I'm not going to get good enough marks to get into university.

Anyone have any advice?

#3 Sebastian

• 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hahahahaha...

Depends on how smart you are, how difficult the subject material is, and if you want an A or an A+..

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 DairyProducts

• 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Go to a school with high grade inflation. It will save you a lot of time.

#5 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

Explain in detail.

#6 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:44 AM

Explain in detail.

grades from one school to another are almost completely unrelated. Go to an inner city school and you'll get an A for showing up sometimes.

#7 The Immortalist

• Topic Starter
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

I really need some good strategies here. Nothing good in my opinion has been said here. (sorry guys, the truth doesn't consider peoples feelings).

#8 robo-heart

• 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Check out Tony Buzan's "Use your head" and the blogs "study hacks" and "scott h young"
You may find them useful.
Good luck!

#9 DairyProducts

• 207 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Explain in detail.

It was more of a joke than anything. If your goal is to get high grades, then the easiest way to do that is to go to a place that gives out the highest grades.
http://gradeinflation.com/
Your question, "How much time do you have to spend studying each day to get an A or A+ on every subject in school?" completely depends on the how good you are at studying and how difficult the teacher and subject material are. We have no way of knowing this.
If you want to know how to study well, there are probably much better forums out there for this question. Best of luck.

#10 rephore

• 123 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

I befriend the professors. Always boosts my grades from B to A, or C to B. Have to really study though for classes where I don't like the teachers.

#11 Lallante

• 197 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

I find taking an interest, asking questions and reading 'around' the subject is vastly more effective than actually wasting lots of time going over the actually examined material.

#12 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

you'll get an A for showing up sometimes

Yeah, I was at a school like that. Never got an A :-)

#13 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

On average I have found that a 4.0 takes 4x the effort of a 3.0. The one time I tried doing absolutely nothing (I think in 7th grade) I remember getting D- grades. Once you get far enough along in education though they have no problem failing you completely, even if you are honestly trying your hardest. Sometimes I think standardized test taking ability is the modern replacement for the role in establishing the social order that brute strength probably played thousands of years ago. That could just be the perspective I get from my own isolated point of view though.

#14 Lallante

• 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

If you are really intelligent, you can literally coast through anything. Its not true to say its impossible to get top marks without effort, lots of people do.

#15 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

Remember that high studying frequency with shorter durations is proven more effective for retention than equal volume throughout fewer sessions.

Edited by N.T.M., 23 April 2010 - 06:24 AM.

#16 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

If you are really intelligent, you can literally coast through anything. Its not true to say its impossible to get top marks without effort, lots of people do.

I beg to differ. I've never seen anyone "coast" through medical school unless you consider studying 17 hours a day "coasting." Granted some have to work a lot harder than others, but at higher levels of education nobody is slacking anymore.

#17 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:29 AM

1-2 hours studying/work to each 1 hour of class is what it generally takes me to get A's... it can increase depending the difficulty of the class.

#18 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

I've never seen anyone "coast" through medical school

:|?

Edited by eternaltraveler, 12 May 2010 - 03:35 AM.

#19 rephore

• 123 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:12 AM

I studied 3 hours to get an A in a quiz the other day. My classmate studied for 30 minutes and got an A plus. Next time, I will sit next to her so I don't have to study.

#20 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

i find getting an A is much easier when the exam tests my ability to solve problems, rather than my memory. i need to read the material just once - but very focused- if the exam will include questions from to which to choose the correct answers.

at any exam, there are some basic things you should know - start reading and understanding those first and the rest will come easy.
if i need more time to study but feel like sleeping, i read until 10 pm, get to sleep and wake up at 3-4 in the morning - this way i get a little sleep but i also get rested comparing to the usual student that gets to sleep early in the morning before an exam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users