- - - - -

Brainstorming on Imminst talking points

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

I've been thinking about what Imminst talking points are a lot lately. We're transitioning in to times where we are going to be needing clearer outlines of them. When people used to ask us, "What does Imminst do? What is Imminsts purpose?" It used to be easier to answer with the about section, or something like, "We are a non profit forum growing into more and more work with Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans."

It seems to me, I suspect most of you think the same, that its becoming harder to answer with out something more complex now.

To brainstorm here, some talking points I might include in a piece would be things like:

History - purpose of the formation, forum growth, book, documentary, the international conferences and sponsorships, (any other big ones?)

Present - hiring of ED, mfuri sponsorship, funding of laser ablation, growth of assets, Action Section, SEU, FAH, INW, VIPO, Art Team, Chapters, etc... Media mentions, New Yorker (or was that New York Times?) La Repubblica interview, (Were there others? Did Shannon for example make any mentions of Imminst at Barbara Walters, etc..?) (anything else for present in general?)

Future - I would go over points like these: Imminst is working to serve as a hub, a general service provider for the cause as a whole and all of the organizations involved. Imminst is working to help inform the world about this cause. (Developing fundraisers, team projects set up with yearly goals, etc...) In addition to supporting strategies to allow Unlimited Lifespans, Imminst plans to help the cause diversify its portfolio of strategies as widely as it can feasibly go. (science invite and app section, or other) (anything other pieces for this section?)

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Here is a rough cut of a possible past present future speech.

If somebody wants to, they could go through this and whip it into shape, kind of like a statue carving that is still in rough block form. I think most of the elements are there.

Or, somebody could use this as inspiration to start a new one, or just start a new one, or we could go with none at all.

Attached Files

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Any ideas on this anybody? I need talking points, I would love to try to develop them from discussion rather than continue trying to formulate them myself.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

Any ideas on this anybody? I need talking points, I would love to try to develop them from discussion rather than continue trying to formulate them myself.

This forum is only visible to a handfull of people. Maybe you should ask this is another forum.

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

bp I'll write my presentation very close to the event, but I'll try to share a draft ahead of time.

#6 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

You could mention the numerous aging researchers/singularity folks who began as imminst members. Imminst's strongest asset to the movement has not, in fact been anything it has specifically done itself. It brought immortalists together, who are now doing very good things. This is very valuable.

Immortalists arr some of the most motivated people on the planet because we are fighting for our lives.

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

Good idea. I can only name a handful off the top of my head. If you can name a longer list please do.

I was talking with somebody the other day and we were wondering how we might put our finger on just who did start working for the cause here, and who we may think did, but actually began someplace else. For example, Aubrey, Kevin, Gobel, Reason and Kekich.

Edited by brokenportal, 24 August 2010 - 01:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users