- - - - -

Talking to potential partners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

Klaus Sames got in touch today. He seems to assume that ImmInst has decided to support the DGaB event but is worried that we might bring an unsuitable aspect to the event.
I am a bit concerned on both points.

When chatting to potential partnering orgs can we please make sure that
-- we can not currently committ to giving support to any event
-- we are clear about synergies and benefits for both sides

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

Discussed here as well.

#3 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:25 AM

Klaus Sames got in touch today. He seems to assume that ImmInst has decided to support the DGaB event but is worried that we might bring an unsuitable aspect to the event.
I am a bit concerned on both points.

When chatting to potential partnering orgs can we please make sure that
-- we can not currently committ to giving support to any event
-- we are clear about synergies and benefits for both sides

For my part, I have not committed on ImmInst's behalf to anything, and have instead made it explicitly clear by adding such a disclaimer about once per line in communications regarding this.

Regards to us bringing some unsuitable aspect to the event, your guess is as good as mine.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

Klaus Sames is someone from DGaB?

#5 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:53 PM

This is what I last sent, by the way:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Tristan,

Consensus appears to be against the collaboration of the DGAB symposium and ImmInst.

There seem to be (albeit unfounded) fears at your end that ImmInst is not sufficiently scientific, and Klaus Sames (when speaking with Sebastian Sethe) seemed not only of this impression but also of the impression that we had already formally agreed on a collaboration.

I had thought I had made it clear that it'd still need to be voted on at our end and anything I said in the meantime was merely contingent possibilities; I apologise if I did not communicate sufficiently clearly in this regard.

This, coupled with the likelihood of language-based inconveniences, and that you suggested ImmInst bringing only about two speakers, make official collaboration for this event seem quite unlikely.

If you are in agreement, I'd like to draw such ideas to a close and say that we're now (in a polite and friendly manner) disinclined to collaborate in the manner previously proposed.

This does not affect myself coming over to speak, or Sebastian unless he says otherwise ;)

Regards to withdrawing from doing a joint conference, I do not in this email speak on behalf of ImmInst, because I haven't put it to a Board vote, but I can speak on behalf of the ImmInst events planning committee, whose Chair is Sven Bulterijs, and which is unanimous in this opinion.

I hope that this does not inconvenience you, which hopefully it shouldn't if you understood correctly from my previous words couched with words such as "contingently".

Did you find financial sponsors of the event (aside from ImmInst who would share costs if participating of course but is unlikely to assist otherwise)?

Eternally,

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users