LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Pyritinol problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

• Lurker

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

Well I tried around 1-1.3g of Pyritinol in powder form, that seems like alot I know but I've had 800mg no problem. Two things I noticed using this powder vs. pills, the shade of powder looked slightly different from the pill, a shade of orange somewhat. When I tried to flush down the powder with a drink of water it would not dissolve but went down fine. Regardless 2-3 hours after I ingested this amount of Pyritinol I "evacuated" all of the contents of my stomach into my kitchen sink. This was NOT an enjoyable experience. [mellow]

I'm opening this up to discussion because Pyritinol worked and still works to increase my focus somewhat, but I don't want to bust my guts everytime I down this stuff.

Any thoughts?

#2 fieyaa

• 38 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:23 PM

Well I tried around 1-1.3g of Pyritinol in powder form]

I'm opening this up to discussion because Pyritinol worked and still works to increase my focus somewhat, but I don't want to bust my guts everytime I down this stuff.

Any thoughts?

New weight loss supplement? ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

No! My post might be a bit misleading but I felt terrible in the last 15 minutes leading up to my esquisite vomit, which made me feel much better.

#4 axiombiological

• 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

No! My post might be a bit misleading but I felt terrible in the last 15 minutes leading up to my esquisite vomit, which made me feel much better.

Pyritinol is nasty acidic tasting. I cannot fathom swallowing over a gram of this stuff unencapsulated.

Put it in capsules.

• Lurker

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:32 PM

Pyritinol is nasty acidic tasting.  I cannot fathom swallowing over a gram of this stuff unencapsulated. 

Put it in capsules.

Yeah, next time... next time! [nuk]

I've learned my lesson.

#6 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:37 AM

pyritinol can have serious side effects and you are taking a high dose

• Lurker

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:15 AM

I've heard that it can harm your liver, but my doses had averaged 400mg a day previously and I had no problems at all.

#8 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 01:30 PM

Regarding the color difference, even very small differences in the makeup of the powder can cause a pretty significant color change in some substances.

#9 shapeshifter

• 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:04 AM

I wonder why Pyritinol is used while there is Vinpocetine? What are the advantages of Pyritinol over Vinpocetine?

#10 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

I wonder why Pyritinol is used while there is Vinpocetine? What are the advantages of Pyritinol over Vinpocetine?

I use both. [thumb]

#11 shapeshifter

• 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:21 PM

@Adamp2p: Do you happen to know what the difference is between Pyritinol and Vinpocetine (in their effects)?

#12 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:16 PM

@Adamp2p: Do you happen to know what the difference is between Pyritinol and Vinpocetine (in their effects)?

@shapeshifter: Posted Image

click here

and here

Edited by adamp2p, 27 June 2004 - 10:36 PM.

#13 axiombiological

• 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:03 AM

Vinpocetine acts as a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, increasing microcirculation in the brain (similar to Gingko's effect), along with other effects on brain metabolism. Pyritinol acts to increase cholinergic release in neurons, as well as increase the uptake of choline.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....st_uids=9082841

http://www.ncbi.nlm....st_uids=2905813

#14 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:51 AM

Hey Bernie: any word on when we might see the pram?

Thanks,

Adam

#15 shapeshifter

• 42 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:27 PM

@Cosmos: Maybe this clarifies why you were vomiting:
http://archive.mail-...h/msg06405.html
Pyritinol seems to be heavy on the liver.
I think I'll just skip this one.
@adamp2p and @axiombiological: Thanks for your replies, but I was more interested in what your personal experiences are (to make comparisons about Vinpocetine and Pyritinol).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:04 PM

Those case reports are far more serious than anything I had experienced. My stomach literally would not allow me to continue digesting the remainder of the Pyritinol I had consumed and I had the uncontrollable urge to vomit and so I did 2-3 times consecutively until I was on empty. Here's where I differ greatly from those cases, I felt absolutely fine afterwards with no adverse effects afterwards. However that being said it does worry me that Pyritinol MAY cause liver damage, but I believe I would've experienced the adverse effects of using the stuff after finishing a whole bottle of Pyrinitol and starting on my powdered supply of the stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users