Photo
- - - - -

Review My Stack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bamaster

• 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:52 AM

First off, thank you for reading my post. Few subjects have peaked my interest like nootropics.

I've done a lot of reading and there are so many opinions. Please take a look at the products I have and submit your dosage/timing suggestions.

ALCAR 620mg
Idebenone 40mg
Aniracetam 500mg
Pyritinol 200mg
R-ALA 200mg
CDP-Choline 250mg
Fish Oil (440mg epa/dha)

I'm not convinced I need to take them all. Primary objective is mental focus/clarity, I'm one of those that try to do too many things at once. Secondary objective is memory.

I am not sure if any of these supply any real stimulant properties. However, there will be times I want added energy before athletic activity. I have Ephedrine HCl 25mg, Yohimbine HCl 2.5mg and Caffeine 200mg (EYC stack) but I'm not taking that at the moment. I can make my own capsules as well.

Again, thank you for your time and your input is appreciated.

;)

• Lurker

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:09 AM

Replace your Lecithin with CDP-Choline, Alpha-GPC or Centrophenoxine. Increase your daily dosage of Aniracetam to 1g-1.5g, increase your pyritinol dosage to at least 400mg a day. You may also want to increase your ALCAR dosage a bit, otherwise it looks pretty solid.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bamaster

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:15 AM

I have Lecithin, but I forgot that I do have CDP-Choline on the way.
The dosages listed are what's in each cap.

Do any of these have stimulant properties?

• Lurker

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:28 AM

No, I wouldn't say CDP-Choline has stimulant properties, but these choline supplements are better for extended periods of concentration or focus (as I find).

With Lecithin I would be worried that the body would restrict choline supplementation to the brain, with CDP-Choline and Alpha-GPC they both more readily pass through the blood-brain barrier. This means you can achieve higher than normal acetylcholine levels, which can be useful, but too much can be detrimental.

My suggestion is:

CDP-Choline or Alpha GPC @ 250mg/day
Huperzine A @ 100mcg/day

Also, back to my old post:

LifeMirage has suggested doses of Pyritinol up to 1200mg, however I should note that Pyritinol will give you a stomach ache and may make you feel nauseated at too high a dose. For instance my last dose of Pyritinol was well over 1g, around 1.3g or so, maybe more (it was powder form), well anyway I vomited my entire stomach contents after absorbing some of it. The remainder of that day I could literally feel the lasting effect of Pyritinol albeit with the undesirable taste of my own vomit.

There are other suggestions I could make as well but I'm not sure what you want specifically. I don't believe there are any nootropics in use that will substantially improve your memory. However there are some that will increase your concentration and attention span, which in turn should result in greater retention of what you've studied.

#5 fieyaa

• 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:26 AM

that day I could literally feel the lasting effect of Pyritinol albeit with the undesirable taste of my own vomit.

Sounds tasty...

adam,

Mind revealing your nootropic regimen?

#6 zencatholic

• 88 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

adam,

Could you PM me your regimen as well? Thanks!

Peace be with you all,
AMDG

Zen Catholic

#7 bamaster

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

ALCAR 1240 mg
Idebenone 40 mg
Aniracetam 840 mg
Pyritinol 200 mg
R-ALA 200 mg
CDP-Choline 250 mg

Here is my daily routine now. I will be taking this stack twice a day.

Question... can I expect any changes in body composition?
(I've seen ALCAR and Choline used in fat loss stacks, but this is certainly not my goal with these.)

#8 fieyaa

• 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:07 PM

Adamp2p or bamaster or anyone for that matter..

where do u guys source your Alpha GPC or CDP choline?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 bamaster

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:21 AM

I bought mine from
http://store.yahoo.c...cdpcholine.html

$15 a bottle... can't beat it with a stick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users