- - - - -

3 grams of tween/RESV -- How Deadly?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

I'm about to order my supply of RESV for March. I plan to take 3 grams in one daily dose of a tween/micronized 98% RESV and 3 grams of micronized Quercetin in MCT. Why such a large amount? Because I've read some studies about high doses of RESV and cancer and was egged on by B1ll Sard1 to take high doses of RESV to oxidize my prostate cancer.

Sard1's written at least one editorial about high versus low doses of RESV in the case of induced heart attack ( [Nature. 2006 Nov 16; 444(7117):337-42]) and the dangers of taking large doses of RESV as used in the original high fat diet rat study. Sard1 suggested that I take 8 L0ngev1nex to oxidize my PCa but to cycle with a single capsule of L0ngev1nex, take Chondroitin and lots of Vitamin C during the off cycle to restore my body. I dutifully followed Sard1's suggestion to cycle 8 L0ngev1nex and 1 L0ngev1nex with oxidants to recover. I noticed nothing so I just went to 8 L0ngev1nex then decided after a month to follow Dr. Snuffy Myers' suggestion to take 500-1000 mg. of tween RESV and an equal amount of Quercetin in MCT. I took the 1000 mg. dose for a month. I'm still alive. I have not yet died from a heart attack as Sard1 expressed concernt I might in one email. I take a brisk walk for at least 2 hours a day and so far have suffered no tendon or joint problems as suggested by the L0ngev1nex website.

What I'm wondering about is the reward/risk ratio of taking 3 grams of tween/RESV to fight my prostate cancer.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

[quote name='browser' date='Feb 27 2010, 04:03 PM' post='387259']
It's not deadly. Sard1 is kind of a quack. It is true that high doses of resveratrol will enhance apoptosis, which is exactly what you want the PCa cells to do. If someone cracks your chest and clamps off your heart for a half hour, then reperfuses it, aside from the fact that you'd be dead anyway, your heart will be in worse shape if on high dose res than if on low dose res. That's the experiment that Sard1 is basing this on, as far as the published literature is concerned. High dose resveratrol does not cause heart attacks. If you were going to have a heart attack anyway, it is probably true that low dose res would help out some, and high dose res would make it worse. Your real concern is the PCa, though. That calls for high dose res, not low dose. Don't listen to Sard1. He's neither a scientist nor a doctor. BTW, resveratrol isn't "oxidizing" the cancer. It's enhancing apoptosis. What else are you doing to treat the PCa? What's the Gleason score? Are you looking at surgery or radiation?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:29 AM

It's not deadly. Sard1 is kind of a quack. It is true that high doses of resveratrol will enhance apoptosis, which is exactly what you want the PCa cells to do. If someone cracks your chest and clamps off your heart for a half hour, then reperfuses it, aside from the fact that you'd be dead anyway, your heart will be in worse shape if on high dose res than if on low dose res. That's the experiment that Sard1 is basing this on, as far as the published literature is concerned. High dose resveratrol does not cause heart attacks. If you were going to have a heart attack anyway, it is probably true that low dose res would help out some, and high dose res would make it worse. Your real concern is the PCa, though. That calls for high dose res, not low dose. Don't listen to Sard1. He's neither a scientist nor a doctor. BTW, resveratrol isn't "oxidizing" the cancer. It's enhancing apoptosis. What else are you doing to treat the PCa? What's the Gleason score? Are you looking at surgery or radiation?

Thanks for the reply. Sard1 really did tell me in an email that I faced having a heart attack by taking 8 L0ngev1nex.

My PSA was 14. Gleason 7. Don't know the breakdown of the Geason, as I boogied on out of traditional medicine when I read the directions on how to handle the catheter after surgery the uro had hand delivered to me, along with an invitation to play golf at the resort type walk in surgical setting and DVDs of the uro running the robot.

I was getting better slowly on D3, the usual supplements and Vitamin C IVs. For 5 months I've been taking 500 mg. of IP6 + 137.5 grams of Inositol per kg. bodyweight twice a day. My symptoms have been disappearing, my PSA's been plummeting. I was wrongly diagnosed when I stopped ejaculating 10 years ago with retrograde ejaculation. Since I wasn't planning on fathering any children the uro didn't bother to check my urine for sperm. A few months ago semen started flowing again and more is flowing each month. I've added red yeast rice for the statins and 5 grams of white button mushroom extract. I suspect my next PSA will show even a bigger drop, as the IV people were running my Vitamin C drip 4X faster than it should have flowed for the past 7 months. I belong to a number of forums for PCa patients. In most, guys lament that they ever had radiation treatment or surgery. Get the prostate cut out, have a PSA "surprise" a few years later, get chemically castrated, become androgen independent, start chasing clinical trials while on chemo and on the way to the hospice. Radiation? Have the nerves which control your erections and continence get fried. No thanks. The IP6+Inositol appears to be doing precisely what the patent says it would. Add in the other stuff, I'm a happy camper. Happy but not patient, which is why I'm soliciting opinions on placing an order for 3 grams of micronized RESV in tween and more quercetin in MCT on Monday.

BTW, Sard1 was very clear that RESV in higher doses would be acting as a pro-oxidant. He told me to take 12 grams of fish oil and 12,000 IU of D3 and nothing else to enhance the oxidation. Sard1 is convinced that high dose RESV somehow pools iron and the RESV and iron cause oxidation. When I mentioned activating P53 and other possible ways of encouraging apoptosis, he didn't respond.

#4 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

have you tried sulforaphane? it is also an HDACi (resveratrol is also), so you will see some altered gene expression that may induce apoptosis.

i remember looking at it when i was going through a list of HDAC inhibitors and trying to figure out which looked interesting to me, like resveratrol. i am currently trying sodium butyrate (ups your metabolism like resveratrol).

but check pubmed.com real quick for sulforaphane and prostate cancer, maybe a study or two will pique your interest.

Edited by prophets, 28 February 2010 - 02:58 AM.

#5 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

Also consider trying the buccal method. I put resveratrol power and a bit of lecithin in my mouth and hold for 5-10 minutes. i noticed the strongest effects from resveratrol when using this method.

#6 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:46 AM

My PSA was 14. Gleason 7. Don't know the breakdown of the Geason, as I boogied on out of traditional medicine when I read the directions on how to handle the catheter after surgery the uro had hand delivered to me, along with an invitation to play golf at the resort type walk in surgical setting and DVDs of the uro running the robot.

Gleeson 7 means you have much time to search for the best treatments.
You need noninvasive proton radiation probably as scavenger if you already had the surgery.
Read the book by Proton Bob
Shame I did not read your message fast enough.
Use a multi needle biopsy to map your prostate cancer.
Then have the proton radiation beam to focus and exactly kill only the cancer.
The radiation turns harmless beyond the cancer as protons disintegrate after microseconds.
Couple proton radiation centers in the USA.
Covered by insurance if you read the book.

#7 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

You need noninvasive proton radiation probably as scavenger if you already had the surgery.
The radiation turns harmless beyond the cancer as protons disintegrate after microseconds.

This is way off topic, but I belong to a list of men who've undergone surgery and radiation therapy. Many have lost their ability to have an erection or hold their urine in because the proton beam destroyed critical nerves.

No thanks, I'll take the natural approach. My 3 grams daily RESV in tween and Quercetin in MCT will start soon.

#8 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

This is way off topic, but I belong to a list of men who've undergone surgery and radiation therapy. Many have lost their ability to have an erection or hold their urine in because the proton beam destroyed critical nerves.

No thanks, I'll take the natural approach. My 3 grams daily RESV in tween and Quercetin in MCT will start soon.

You are not OT since you appear to be dosing on RES for Prostate Cancer.

Now, I am not an MD so this bit I am about to post is purely for entertainment purposes.
If someone lowers their hormone levels just a little bit some types of cancer slow down.
Problem is cancer is like a random number generator so a couple cancer cell types are not hormone specific.
A simple inexpensive intervention, have your PSA taken and ask your MD if he would prescribe to you Propecia 1 milligram per day.
After one month have your PSA taken again.
If your PSA halves ask your MD if he would prescribe Propecia 5 mg day.

Can't hurt and propecia is so simple why the efficacy in slowing cancer.

And will not interfere with your Resveratrol.

Propecia does not cost much.
Might increase longevity if prostate Cancer is slowed down.

If someone does not like the side effect, stop dosing on the propecia.

Disclose: I am not an oncologist.
I studied Prostate Cancer.

#9 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Usually, the "natural approach" in treating cancer means sure death. Thank dog, you don't seem to be all too interested in killing yourself: I would hardly call taking 3 grams of an experimental, largely untested chemotherapeutic drug (i.e. resveratrol) natural.

Always look for the treatments with the best benefit-risk ratio. To hell with 'natural' if you want to live!

As to the treatments, were you taking just 500 mg IP6? That's about an order of magnitude too low IIRC.

Edited by kismet, 05 March 2010 - 04:36 PM.

#10 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

Usually, the "natural approach" in treating cancer means sure death. Thank dog, you don't seem to be all too interested in killing yourself: I would hardly call taking 3 grams of an experimental, largely untested chemotherapeutic drug (i.e. resveratrol) natural.

Always look for the treatments with the best benefit-risk ratio. To hell with 'natural' if you want to live!

As to the treatments, were you taking just 500 mg IP6? That's about an order of magnitude too low IIRC.

No. That's 500 mg. IP6, 137.5 mg. Inositol taken in two doses 12 hours apart on a very empty stomach for each kilogram I weigh.

#11 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Thanks. I'm taking a host of bioidentical cream and supplements to get my T/E2 in the proper ratio and to whack the AR in my prostate cells. I'm very familiar with what you suggest. Lowering DHT is not the answer, it's a cause of the problem. T and DHT good. Estradiol bad. Prostate cancer arises when the T-DHT / E2 ratio dips with age.

I guess it's a moot point whether or not taking 3 grams of RESV is a natural apprach to cancer. I get 75 grams of Vitamin C IVs twice a week. The natuopathic M.D.s consider that "natural" though stuffing enough oranges into my veins to get 75 grams of Vitamin C would be a might difficult.

I taking 5 grams of white button mushroom extract a day. Eating mushrooms is natural. Eating enough mushrooms to get the punch of 5 grams of extract, difficult.

Following traditional medicine is the sure way to die from prostate cancer. Most men don't die of PCa because they die from something else first. I plan to live long enough such that dying from PCa is a possibility, hence I'm going a different route and it's working.

Edited by browser, 05 March 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#12 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Thanks. I'm taking a host of bioidentical cream and supplements to get my T/E2 in the proper ratio and to whack the AR in my prostate cells. I'm very familiar with what you suggest. Lowering DHT is not the answer, it's a cause of the problem. T and DHT good. Estradiol bad. Prostate cancer arises when the T-DHT / E2 ratio dips with age.

I guess it's a moot point whether or not taking 3 grams of RESV is a natural apprach to cancer. I get 75 grams of Vitamin C IVs twice a week. The natuopathic M.D.s consider that "natural" though stuffing enough oranges into my veins to get 75 grams of Vitamin C would be a might difficult.

I taking 5 grams of white button mushroom extract a day. Eating mushrooms is natural. Eating enough mushrooms to get the punch of 5 grams of extract, difficult.

Following traditional medicine is the sure way to die from prostate cancer. Most men don't die of PCa because they die from something else first. I plan to live long enough such that dying from PCa is a possibility, hence I'm going a different route and it's working.

I believe that an extract of Agaricus blazei would be more effective than one from white button mushrooms.

#13 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

I believe that an extract of Agaricus blazei would be more effective than one from white button mushrooms.

Maxwatt, I was going off this study:

White button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) exhibits antiproliferative and proapoptotic properties and inhibits prostate tumor growth in athymic mice.
Adams LS, Phung S, Wu X, Ki L, Chen S.

Department of Surgical Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA.

White button mushrooms are a widely consumed food containing phytochemicals beneficial to cancer prevention. The purpose of this research was to evaluate the effects of white button mushroom extract and its major component, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on prostate cancer cell lines in vitro and mushroom extract in vivo. In all cell lines tested, mushroom inhibited cell proliferation in a dose-dependent manner and induced apoptosis within 72 h of treatment. CLA inhibited proliferation in the prostate cancer cell lines in vitro. DU145 and PC3 prostate tumor size and tumor cell proliferation were decreased in nude mice treated with mushroom extract, whereas tumor cell apoptosis was increased compared to pair-fed controls. Microarray analysis of tumors identified significant changes in gene expression in the mushroom-fed mice as compared to controls. Gene network analysis identified alterations in networks involved in cell death, growth and proliferation, lipid metabolism, the TCA cycle and immune response. The data provided by this study illustrate the anticancer potential of phytochemicals in mushroom extract both in vitro and in vivo and supports the recommendation of white button mushroom as a dietary component that may aid in the prevention of prostate cancer in men.

#14 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

Maxwatt, I was going off this study:

White button mushroom (Agaricus bisporus) exhibits antiproliferative and proapoptotic properties and inhibits prostate tumor growth in athymic mice.
Adams LS, Phung S, Wu X, Ki L, Chen S.

Department of Surgical Research, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA.

White button mushrooms are a widely consumed food containing phytochemicals beneficial to cancer prevention. The purpose of this research was to evaluate the effects of white button mushroom extract and its major component, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on prostate cancer cell lines in vitro and mushroom extract in vivo. In all cell lines tested, mushroom inhibited cell proliferation in a dose-dependent manner and induced apoptosis within 72 h of treatment. CLA inhibited proliferation in the prostate cancer cell lines in vitro. DU145 and PC3 prostate tumor size and tumor cell proliferation were decreased in nude mice treated with mushroom extract, whereas tumor cell apoptosis was increased compared to pair-fed controls. Microarray analysis of tumors identified significant changes in gene expression in the mushroom-fed mice as compared to controls. Gene network analysis identified alterations in networks involved in cell death, growth and proliferation, lipid metabolism, the TCA cycle and immune response. The data provided by this study illustrate the anticancer potential of phytochemicals in mushroom extract both in vitro and in vivo and supports the recommendation of white button mushroom as a dietary component that may aid in the prevention of prostate cancer in men.

Blazei is another species of Agaricus, has the same properties only more potent.

Edited by maxwatt, 05 March 2010 - 11:36 PM.

#15 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

If it were me I'd also get a ultrasound wand and ultrasound the area while
blood levels of Quercetin were maximized.
Paliwal S (2005). "Induction of cancer-specific cytotoxicity towards human prostate and skin cells using quercetin and ultrasound". British Journal of Cancer 92 (3): 499–502. doi:10.1038/sj.bjc.6602364.
http://www.nature.co...s/6602364a.html.
Might also consider lymphatic therapy as well.
http://www.massageth...rainage-Therapy

#16 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Paliwal S (2005). "Induction of cancer-specific cytotoxicity towards human prostate and skin cells using quercetin and ultrasound". British Journal of Cancer 92 (3): 499–502. doi:10.1038/sj.bjc.6602364.

Thanks for reminding me of the Quercetin. I'm now taking 3 grams of Nitro 250 and 3 grams of MCT Quercetin (I'm not advertising a supplier!) in the morning. 12 hours later I'm taking 9 grams of Quercetin. I'm aware of the study you cite and I'm expecting that the red yeast rice, mushroom extract, D3, Quercetin, RESV, IP6+Inositol and IV Vitamin C will be be synergistic. RESV clears the way for D3 to attack the cancer, the other things help push Qercetin to be cytotoxic. The one concern I have is that I'm spending USD 1250 a month for Vitamin C IVs which might not have the expected effect now that I'm using IP6+Inositol and RESV. I'm concerned that I'm pulling so much iron out of the PCa that the Vitamin C can't find enough to cause hydroxyl ROS. But I'm also taking the Vitamin C because I appear to have had many viral, bacterial and yeast infections. Each month my symptoms abate more. I'm pretty sure that I came down with PCa as the result of multiple Trichomonas Vaginalis infections. I suspect that eventually PCa will be attributed to many different STDs. The Vitamin C's been killing infections and that's good in itself.

Oh yeah. My PSA dropped 28% in a few months using only Vitamin C infusions and IP6+Inositol. I'm looking forward to my next bloodwork in a few weeks, assuming I don't die the ghastly death B1ll Sard1 fears I will by taking 1) A competing product 2) A surely fatal megadose of RESV.

#17 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for reminding me of the Quercetin. I'm now taking 3 grams of Nitro 250 and 3 grams of MCT Quercetin (I'm not advertising a supplier!) in the morning. 12 hours later I'm taking 9 grams of Quercetin. I'm aware of the study you cite and I'm expecting that the red yeast rice, mushroom extract, D3, Quercetin, RESV, IP6+Inositol and IV Vitamin C will be be synergistic. RESV clears the way for D3 to attack the cancer, the other things help push Qercetin to be cytotoxic. The one concern I have is that I'm spending USD 1250 a month for Vitamin C IVs which might not have the expected effect now that I'm using IP6+Inositol and RESV. I'm concerned that I'm pulling so much iron out of the PCa that the Vitamin C can't find enough to cause hydroxyl ROS. But I'm also taking the Vitamin C because I appear to have had many viral, bacterial and yeast infections. Each month my symptoms abate more. I'm pretty sure that I came down with PCa as the result of multiple Trichomonas Vaginalis infections. I suspect that eventually PCa will be attributed to many different STDs. The Vitamin C's been killing infections and that's good in itself.

Oh yeah. My PSA dropped 28% in a few months using only Vitamin C infusions and IP6+Inositol. I'm looking forward to my next bloodwork in a few weeks, assuming I don't die the ghastly death B1ll Sard1 fears I will by taking 1) A competing product 2) A surely fatal megadose of RESV.

All this great expense 1250 USD/mo and you will not try one milligram of Propecia?
Not even one propecia a day for 7 days?
This can not harm you and this is easily reversible.
Good Luck!

#18 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

All this great expense 1250 USD/mo and you will not try one milligram of Propecia?
Not even one propecia a day for 7 days?
This can not harm you and this is easily reversible.
Good Luck!

I am not looking to suppress my PSA. I'm looking to kill PCa. Preventing DHT runs counter to current thinking on the cause and maintenance of prostate cancer. I will not try it because it's not a good idea. Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass even if someone gives me $1250 USD a month to take Propecia. I took Propecia for my hair years ago about the time I suspect my PCa started.

#19 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

I am not looking to suppress my PSA. I'm looking to kill PCa. Preventing DHT runs counter to current thinking on the cause and maintenance of prostate cancer. I will not try it because it's not a good idea. Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass even if someone gives me $1250 USD a month to take Propecia. I took Propecia for my hair years ago about the time I suspect my PCa started.

You can not kill cancer.
Gleeson 7 PSA 14 you have some time before surgery.
Even though, I would never wait.
You might be able to stop the proliferation of the cancer cells.
Propecia is FDA approved 5 mg day for PC.

#20 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

have you tried sulforaphane? it is also an HDACi (resveratrol is also), so you will see some altered gene expression that may induce apoptosis.

i remember looking at it when i was going through a list of HDAC inhibitors and trying to figure out which looked interesting to me, like resveratrol. i am currently trying sodium butyrate (ups your metabolism like resveratrol).

but check pubmed.com real quick for sulforaphane and prostate cancer, maybe a study or two will pique your interest.

Here's a review on sulforaphane. It's a many mechanism substance, not unlike RESV. I'd have to figure out how to dose it and if the dose I need is available. I see Jarrow makes a preparation with standardized 30 mg of sulforaphane glucosinolate. Thanks. Let me look into this.

I've posted on another thread that I've ordered a bubble gum making kit and powered (non-micronized) RESV. Next month I'm going to get my RESV the way the lab rats do: continuously. I won't be paying $500 for a month's supply of RESV and emulsified Quercetin to protect it from my liver.

#21 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

I think you should just get micronized resveratrol and put it behind your cheek, like a baseball player.

I believe the action of chewing a gum, will cause saliva to form and it will be difficult NOT to swallow the res. What might be better is a hard candy that dissolves next to your cheek, but again... saliva might make you swallow the dissolved non-micronized res...

A

#22 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

I think you should just get micronized resveratrol and put it behind your cheek, like a baseball player.

I believe the action of chewing a gum, will cause saliva to form and it will be difficult NOT to swallow the res. What might be better is a hard candy that dissolves next to your cheek, but again... saliva might make you swallow the dissolved non-micronized res...

A

Why spend 3X as much for micronized RESV that I'm going to just put behind my cheek? Dry RESV isn't going to be absorbed through the mucosa. There needs to be some moisture there. That moisture will be provided by saliva. Saliva doesn't care if the RESV is micronized or not.

Further, RESV is soluble at 30 mg per LITER of water. I'll be kneading the RESV into the gum very thoroughly. Unless the RESV has a tendency to dislodge from the gum and get washed away in saliva, I'd have to produce and swallow 3+ LITERS of saliva to get the 100 mg. of RESV down my gullet. If the RESV easily dislodges from gum perhaps 1 micron particles have a better chance than 125 micron particles.

Edited by browser, 08 March 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#23 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Browser,

resveratrol is
1- Not very soluble in the first place, so saliva will have a hard time 'dissolving it' so that it can be absorbed better.
2- The study references res dissolved in alcohol, doesn't it? This dissolved resveratrol would then have a smaller particle size than regular resveratrol, and possibly micronized.
3- Micronized resveratrol will absorb better than regular resveratrol, even if it is not further dissolved by saliva or alcohol.
4- Micronized resveratrol is done for strictly one purpose, higher absorption.
5- Your price comparison is not adequate because of item 2 above, and because bulk micronized res is much lower in price than micronized resveratrol capsules.

So I suggest if you are looking for a lower price for yourself, pre-dissolve regular resveratrol in alcohol so that it becomes close to the particle size of micronized resveratrol, and then continue to swish and hold the alcohol and dissolved resveratrol in your mouth for a minute or two. You assume gum and regular resveratrol that has not been dissolved in alcohol (or micronized) will provide the same absorption. I am not willing to assume that at this time.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 08 March 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#24 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

Browser,

resveratrol is
1- Not very soluble in the first place, so saliva will have a hard time 'dissolving it' so that it can be absorbed better.
2- The study references res dissolved in alcohol, doesn't it? This dissolved resveratrol would then have a smaller particle size than regular resveratrol, and possibly micronized.
3- Micronized resveratrol will absorb better than regular resveratrol, even if it is not further dissolved by saliva or alcohol.
4- Micronized resveratrol is done for strictly one purpose, higher absorption.
5- Your price comparison is not adequate because of item 2 above, and because bulk micronized res is much lower in price than micronized resveratrol capsules.

So I suggest if you are looking for a lower price for yourself, pre-dissolve regular resveratrol in alcohol so that it becomes close to the particle size of micronized resveratrol, and then continue to swish and hold the alcohol and dissolved resveratrol in your mouth for a minute or two. You assume gum and regular resveratrol that has not been dissolved in alcohol (or micronized) will provide the same absorption. I am not willing to assume that at this time.

A

1. If saliva is going to have a hard time dissolving the RESV, stomach acid won't have a hard time dissolving Nitro 250? Also, if I "dip" a little scoop of non-micronized bulk RESV, during the 30 minutes in which saliva is not pooling in my mouth and I'm not swallowing, the RESV goes away. Where did it go?
2. Resveratrol dissolves 30 mg/1L water. That's 1.5 mg. in 50 ml. The study could have used water or alcohol. So could dissolve 1 mg. in water or in alcohol. Dissolved resveratrol by definiton of the term "dissolved" means there's no particle size. It's molecules mixed with molecules of solvent.

3. Micronized RESV will dissolve better, theoretically. But once again. When I "dip" non-micronized RESV the stuff disappears though I've not been pooling saliva and swallowing. Not swallowing at all. Where has the RESV gone?

5. I don't see the need for micronized RESV if I'm going to dump it in alcohol, dip it or place it in gum.

It's not just the high price of your products. It's also the wrenching pain in my stomach then the squirts after taking 12 capsules each of your Nitro and your MCT Q on an empty stomach.

#25 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

browser,

you really should consider micronized powder with beta-lactoglobulin from say... a whey protein isolate shake. (Its cheaper, and no need to take with alcohol). 12 Capsules is a large amount for anyone, so you are an exceptional case... and not the normal resveratrol user.

1- If dipping non-micronized resveratrol works for you, stop taking the Nitro250.
2- 30mg in one liter... you do know how small 30mg really is?
3- Do the dip, forget the Nitro250 if it works for you.
4- You know, micronized resveratrol = higher absorption.
5- Do the dip, or the alcohol... I have an issue with gum unless it dissolves out right.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 09 March 2010 - 12:21 AM.

#26 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

browser,

you really should consider micronized powder with beta-lactoglobulin from say... a whey protein isolate shake. (Its cheaper, and no need to take with alcohol). 12 Capsules is a large amount for anyone, so you are an exceptional case... and not the normal resveratrol user.

1- If dipping non-micronized resveratrol works for you, stop taking the Nitro250.
5- Do the dip, or the alcohol... I have an issue with gum unless it dissolves out right.

Cheers
A

Anthony, not only is the Nitro 250 a gut problem at 12 capsules. The MCT Q is a problem at 12 capsules. This is why I want to go with buccal. Don't need the Q that way.

I have non-micronized on order. I'm ordering enough to make gum, dip and dissolve in alcohol. I dissolved 100 mg. in a much smaller amount of alcohol and swished for a long time. Didn't pickle my mucosa the way the larger portion of rum did. I noticed that the RESV did precipitate out as saliva mixed in.

Edited by browser, 09 March 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#27 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

browser,

Cheers
A

Anthony, not only is the Nitro 250 a gut problem at 12 capsules. The MCT Q is a problem at 12 capsules. This is why I want to go with buccal. Don't need the Q that way.

I have non-micronized on order. I'm ordering enough to make gum, dip and dissolve in alcohol. I dissolved 100 mg. in a much smaller amount of alcohol and swished for a long time. Didn't pickle my mucosa the way the larger portion of rum did. I noticed that the RESV did precipitate out as saliva mixed in.

Be careful holding alcohol in your mouth for long periods. It is carcinogenic with such exposure. Mucosal surface area limitation is more than theory, but good luck. Consider Anthony's suggestion using whey protein as a dispersant.

#28 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

browser,

Cheers
A

Be careful holding alcohol in your mouth for long periods. It is carcinogenic with such exposure. Mucosal surface area limitation is more than theory, but good luck. Consider Anthony's suggestion using whey protein as a dispersant.

I've D/Ced the alcohol because it damages the mucosa. So y'all are still promoting the once a day dosing of RESV instead of continuous buccal delivery. Which animal studies had the animals getting a once a day only dose of RESV?

#29 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

browser,

Cheers
A

I've D/Ced the alcohol because it damages the mucosa. So y'all are still promoting the once a day dosing of RESV instead of continuous buccal delivery. Which animal studies had the animals getting a once a day only dose of RESV?

Continuous NAMPT and/or SIRT1 activation by resveratrol would interfere with the CLOCK mediated feedback loops. Something like jet lag, which can be life-shortening. Bear in mind that mice are nocturnal, people are not.

Science. 2009 May 1;324(5927):651-4. Epub 2009 Mar 19.
Circadian clock feedback cycle through NAMPT-mediated NAD+ biosynthesis.
Ramsey KM, Yoshino J, Brace CS, Abrassart D, Kobayashi Y, Marcheva B, Hong HK, Chong JL, Buhr ED, Lee C, Takahashi JS, Imai S, Bass J.

Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 2200 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208-3500, USA.
Comment in:

Science. 2009 May 1;324(5927):598-9.
The circadian clock is encoded by a transcription-translation feedback loop that synchronizes behavior and metabolism with the light-dark cycle. Here we report that both the rate-limiting enzyme in mammalian nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) biosynthesis, nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT), and levels of NAD+ display circadian oscillations that are regulated by the core clock machinery in mice. Inhibition of NAMPT promotes oscillation of the clock gene Per2 by releasing CLOCK:BMAL1 from suppression by SIRT1. In turn, the circadian transcription factor CLOCK binds to and up-regulates Nampt, thus completing a feedback loop involving NAMPT/NAD+ and SIRT1/CLOCK:BMAL1.

PMID: 19299583 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Redox Rep. 2009;14(4):154-8.
Resveratrol opposite effects on rat tissue lipoperoxidation: pro-oxidant during day-time and antioxidant at night.
Gadacha W, Ben-Attia M, Bonnefont-Rousselot D, Aouani E, Ghanem-Boughanmi N, Touitou Y.

Laboratoire de Biochimie Médicale et Biologie Moléculaire, INSERM U 13, Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.
We investigated the dosing-time dependency of acute resveratrol administration on lipoperoxidation level found in the heart, liver and kidney of male rats synchronized with a 12-h dark-light cycle. Resveratrol was administered by the i.p. route at the middle of the dark (6 h after dark onset, HADO) or light span (18 HADO) and thiobarbituric acid reactive species (TBARS) measured 4 h later at 10 and 22 HADO, respectively. Basal TBARS levels in the three organs were higher during the night span when compared to day span. Resveratrol effect on tissues TBARS was also dosing-time dependent. When administered during the dark phase, resveratrol decreased TBARS levels whereas at the light span, the polyphenol increased TBARS in the three organs. Resveratrol behaved as an antioxidant during the dark span and as a pro-oxidant during the light span. These data suggested a day/night rhythm in basal lipoperoxidation and in resveratrol antioxidant effect.

PMID: 19695122

J Pineal Res. 2010 Jan;48(1):9-19.
Sirtuins, melatonin and circadian rhythms: building a bridge between aging and cancer.
Jung-Hynes B, Reiter RJ, Ahmad N.

Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA.
Histone deacetylases (HDAC) have been under intense scientific investigation for a number of years. However, only recently the unique class III HDAC, sirtuins, have gained increasing investigational momentum. Originally linked to longevity in yeast, sirtuins and more specifically, SIRT1 have been implicated in numerous biological processes having both protective and/or detrimental effects. SIRT1 appears to play a critical role in the process of carcinogenesis, especially in age-related neoplasms. Similarly, alterations in circadian rhythms as well as production of the pineal hormone melatonin have been linked to aging and cancer risk. Melatonin has been found act as a differentiating agent in some cancer cells and to lower their invasive and metastatic status. In addition, melatonin synthesis and release occurs in a circadian rhythm fashion and it has been linked to the core circadian machinery genes (Clock, Bmal1, Periods, and Cryptochromes). Melatonin has also been associated with chronotherapy, the timely administration of chemotherapy agents to optimize trends in biological cycles. Interestingly, a recent set of studies have linked SIRT1 to the circadian rhythm machinery through direct deacetylation activity as well as through the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD(+)) salvage pathway. In this review, we provide evidence for a possible connection between sirtuins, melatonin, and the circadian rhythm circuitry and their implications in aging, chronomodulation, and cancer.

PMID: 20025641

Nat Rev Cancer. 2009 Dec;9(12):886-96.
Metabolism and cancer: the circadian clock connection.
Sahar S, Sassone-Corsi P.

Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA.
Circadian rhythms govern a remarkable variety of metabolic and physiological functions. Accumulating epidemiological and genetic evidence indicates that the disruption of circadian rhythms might be directly linked to cancer. Intriguingly, several molecular gears constituting the clock machinery have been found to establish functional interplays with regulators of the cell cycle, and alterations in clock function could lead to aberrant cellular proliferation. In addition, connections between the circadian clock and cellular metabolism have been identified that are regulated by chromatin remodelling. This suggests that abnormal metabolism in cancer could also be a consequence of a disrupted circadian clock. Therefore, a comprehensive understanding of the molecular links that connect the circadian clock to the cell cycle and metabolism could provide therapeutic benefit against certain human neoplasias.

PMID: 19935677

Edited by maxwatt, 10 March 2010 - 01:24 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 browser

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

Continuous NAMPT and/or SIRT1 activation by resveratrol would interfere with the CLOCK mediated feedback loops. Something like jet lag, which can be life-shortening. Bear in mind that mice are nocturnal, people are not.

Do you work with mice or rats? I worked in a cancer research institute injecting, tending to the vermon, euthanizing them, doing autopsies, collecting tissues. There was the constant rustle in the animal rooms day and night. Water and chow would be consumed day and night. Placing RESV in water or chow will get RESV into mice and rats pretty much 24 hours a day. Mice, rats and bats are relatives but bats are a whole lot more "nocturnal".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users