Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

New product for tea enhancement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DairyProducts

• 207 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

There have been some studies I've seen here and elsewhere (link) that adding citrus to green/white tea increases absorption of catechins.
In the past, I have used lemons or lemon juice to do this. The problem with the former is that it's messy and time consuming, the problem with the later is it can get expensive and they often have preservatives in them that are possibly harmful. I just found this product that I really like that has neither of these problems and is highly portable:
http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000HQR9J2
It's in a lot of supermarkets now (regular ones and maybe Whole Foods) and it's cheaper there than online. You'd be paying 8 to 11 cents a serving which is less than the 20 cents a serving I was getting from lemons or lemon juice.
Most importantly though, it tastes like real lemon (because it is) :-D .
Here is the official website: http://www.truelemonstore.com/ --- Now that I look, there are also versions of the product in lime and orange. I haven't tried those but if the lemon is any indication it tastes like the real thing.

#2 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

I have read these studies too, but man that is crazy expensive for lemon powder stuff!

Ok at the products page it is only like 4 bucks...the Amazon link is obviously wrongly priced.

Edited by dfowler, 01 March 2010 - 12:47 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 DairyProducts

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

I have read these studies too, but man that is crazy expensive for lemon powder stuff!

Ok at the products page it is only like 4 bucks...the Amazon link is obviously wrongly priced.

Yeah at the super market I went to it ended up being much cheaper than stuff online, like 8-11 cents a packet. I would check out your local place first before going online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users