Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

So I've started Afobazol for my anxiety

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hows the expiriment with afobazol going now?

My results are still going strong.

I still notice the following when I take this drug:

* I notice the mood brightening effect within 30mins/1hour after consumption

* Extremely mild side effects that I reported earlier were gone within the first 2/3 days. No side effects at all now.

* Taking Afobazol late in the day can interfere with your ability to get up in the morning. It promotes deeper sleep but boy do I struggle to get up in the morning if I take it late in the evening. I have also noticed it does not stimulate me in any way and if anything has curbed my addictive behaviours. I no longer spend a lot of my time looking for these cheap thrills. Smoking cigarettes is still something I do on odd occasions though.

*My anxiety is much improved and far more manageable than what it was. I attribute this not to any 'blocking' mechanism that it might have on anxiety like a benzo, but to its ability to make you feel great. Because I am so unreactive to emotional stress now I am not bothered what people think (not in a bad way, It's just not constructive for me to worry about that)

*I am theorizing that the positive impact it has on sleep has a lot to do with its mood and cognitive enhancing properties. I am feeling more rested each day and this is having a great effect on my brain. I am thinking a lot more rationally these days which means I am less likely to be influenced by stress around me. This has obviously been the opposite for me in the past. It doesn't make you more intelligent it just helps you achieve your potential because when you are influenced by stress (and on a daily basis) this is not a good thing for how you function. In my experience anyway.

*I enjoy being around people more

Any more questions just ask. It's really cheap and I get mine from pharmacy1010. Arrived in 3 weeks.
I am trying Memantine soon and would love to try Agomelatine at some point but unless I can find it reasonably priced it's not going to be worth it

I am currently taking Agomelatine 25mg and Lamictal 300mg for GAD. I will soon be adding Afobazol to this combo. I will report any benefits or side effects after a few days of use. Also I'm looking into Adaptol. Has anyone tried this medication?

You're taking 300 mg Lamictal just for GAD? Sorry I'm just surprised that this much Lamictal is being used or that Lamictal is being used at all for GAD. I guess you have not responded well to SSRIs or other antidepressants.

Do you have an side effects from Lamictal? Cognitive? Are you taking a good version of folat like methylfolate or folinic acid?

I'm interested in seeing how your trial with Afobazol goes. Just checked out Adaptol, doesn't sound like the kind of drug I'd be interested in. I need something that will not dull me down. Hopefully Afobazol doesn't have this effect.

#32 Ernie D.

• 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

* Extremely mild side effects that I reported earlier were gone within the first 2/3 days. No side effects at all now.

* Taking Afobazol late in the day can interfere with your ability to get up in the morning. It promotes deeper sleep but boy do I struggle to get up in the morning if I take it late in the evening. I have also noticed it does not stimulate me in any way and if anything has curbed my addictive behaviours. I no longer spend a lot of my time looking for these cheap thrills. Smoking cigarettes is still something I do on odd occasions though.

*My anxiety is much improved and far more manageable than what it was. I attribute this not to any 'blocking' mechanism that it might have on anxiety like a benzo, but to its ability to make you feel great. Because I am so unreactive to emotional stress now I am not bothered what people think (not in a bad way, It's just not constructive for me to worry about that)

*I am theorizing that the positive impact it has on sleep has a lot to do with its mood and cognitive enhancing properties. I am feeling more rested each day and this is having a great effect on my brain. I am thinking a lot more rationally these days which means I am less likely to be influenced by stress around me. This has obviously been the opposite for me in the past. It doesn't make you more intelligent it just helps you achieve your potential because when you are influenced by stress (and on a daily basis) this is not a good thing for how you function. In my experience anyway.

Any more questions just ask. It's really cheap and I get mine from pharmacy1010. Arrived in 3 weeks.
I am trying Memantine soon and would love to try Agomelatine at some point but unless I can find it reasonably priced it's not going to be worth it

I am currently taking Agomelatine 25mg and Lamictal 300mg for GAD. I will soon be adding Afobazol to this combo. I will report any benefits or side effects after a few days of use. Also I'm looking into Adaptol. Has anyone tried this medication?

You're taking 300 mg Lamictal just for GAD? Sorry I'm just surprised that this much Lamictal is being used or that Lamictal is being used at all for GAD. I guess you have not responded well to SSRIs or other antidepressants.

Do you have an side effects from Lamictal? Cognitive? Are you taking a good version of folat like methylfolate or folinic acid?

I'm interested in seeing how your trial with Afobazol goes. Just checked out Adaptol, doesn't sound like the kind of drug I'd be interested in. I need something that will not dull me down. Hopefully Afobazol doesn't have this effect.

I can not handle the side effects of the SSRIs or SNRIs and the TCA do not work for me. Lamictal helps a little and has absolutely no side effects for me so I stick with it. I've recently added Agomelatine 3 weeks ago and am still waiting to see some benefits. I like what I've read about Afobazol and have just ordered some along with Adaptol. Also Memantine sounds interesting..any experience with this med?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

I can not handle the side effects of the SSRIs or SNRIs and the TCA do not work for me. Lamictal helps a little and has absolutely no side effects for me so I stick with it. I've recently added Agomelatine 3 weeks ago and am still waiting to see some benefits. I like what I've read about Afobazol and have just ordered some along with Adaptol. Also Memantine sounds interesting..any experience with this med?

3 weeks without noticing anything?

In all honesty if it was me I wouldn't be that optimistic about Afobazol if you have been that unreactive to Agomelatine. Although I couldn't possibly comment on Agomelatine's efficiency for anxiety and maybe that is what you are referring to when you describe the lack of benefits?
I noticed results straight away with Afobazol but everyone is different. Give it at least 4/6 weeks of consistent daily usage. The anti-anxiety effects for me have been very worthwhile. There is no reason why it shouldn't go well with Agomelatine as well.

#34 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

I'm thinking about trying this.
Is there any dulling of emotion at all?
Because that's a big concern of mine.

I haven't experienced any dulling of emotion. It has enhanced my human side when I am around people. It feels far more natural than SSRI's but that doesn't mean its better. Some people enjoy the feeling of being slapped around the face with a wet kipper.

#35 piet10

• 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

Ive ordered it.Hope it will be here soon. Heard afobazol can cause sleepingporblems though.

Agomelatine takes 6-8 weeks to kick in but its good. Only downside is that it causes horrible and nasty stomachpains which can cause gatritis. I had to quit because of it.

#36 goatz

• 91 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

[/quote]

I haven't experienced any dulling of emotion. It has enhanced my human side when I am around people. It feels far more natural than SSRI's but that doesn't mean its better. Some people enjoy the feeling of being slapped around the face with a wet kipper.
[/quote]

I am one of those people

#37 Ernie D.

• 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

3 weeks without noticing anything?

In all honesty if it was me I wouldn't be that optimistic about Afobazol if you have been that unreactive to Agomelatine. Although I couldn't possibly comment on Agomelatine's efficiency for anxiety and maybe that is what you are referring to when you describe the lack of benefits?
I noticed results straight away with Afobazol but everyone is different. Give it at least 4/6 weeks of consistent daily usage. The anti-anxiety effects for me have been very worthwhile. There is no reason why it shouldn't go well with Agomelatine as well.

I have noticed some sleep improvement from the Ago but no reduction in anxiety. I have read on Agomelatine Psychonauts that it takes 6-8 weeks for Ago to kick in. I do respond well to Klonopin. What dosage of Afobazol are you currently taking?

#38 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Thorsten: thanks for sharing your experiences with us. This sounds like a very promising agent.

Does it feel truly transparent except with regard to anxiety reduction, or is there some kind of subjective character to it that you can detect? Do you feel like it's having any other impact on your emotional responses, or altering your headspace?

Also, have you tried splitting your dose between morning and afternoon? (or is this what you meant when you mentioned sleep interference?) In this situation, is there a marked decrease in effect after each dose? If you take a single dose in the morning, do you feel it wearing off to any extent later in the day? Taking an increased dose on a day of particular stress was mentioned in the Social Anxiety thread linked by medievil; have you tried this at any point?

I'm interested in this type of substance mainly for treating social anxiety as well. Would be interested in hearing any more examples of the types of situation/symptom you've noticed it being of particular help with. Do you find yourself more outgoing, or simply more relaxed?

#39 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

Thorsten: thanks for sharing your experiences with us. This sounds like a very promising agent.

Does it feel truly transparent except with regard to anxiety reduction, or is there some kind of subjective character to it that you can detect? Do you feel like it's having any other impact on your emotional responses, or altering your headspace?

Also, have you tried splitting your dose between morning and afternoon? (or is this what you meant when you mentioned sleep interference?) In this situation, is there a marked decrease in effect after each dose? If you take a single dose in the morning, do you feel it wearing off to any extent later in the day? Taking an increased dose on a day of particular stress was mentioned in the Social Anxiety thread linked by medievil; have you tried this at any point?

I'm interested in this type of substance mainly for treating social anxiety as well. Would be interested in hearing any more examples of the types of situation/symptom you've noticed it being of particular help with. Do you find yourself more outgoing, or simply more relaxed?

Hi Chrono Sorry I haven't responded to you I've just noticed your post.

For what it's worth I have stopped taking Afobazol for the time being. I started becoming very irritable and crabby. My level off patience had diminished too. I work in quite a stressful job environent and I was kind of putting it down to external factors that were pissing me off. But as I got rid of Piracetam the feeling continued. I got rid of Afobazol and the feeling was gone.
That's not to say I suddenly think Afobazol is bad. Looking back I had about 8 weeks of no emotional stress, significantly reduced GAD and I was so much more happy within myself. I just think that Afobazol is going to be one of those things I will always use but only on an as needed basis. My life tends to go through peaks and troughs and Afo will help with the troughs for sure. So I'll be using sporadically.

The feeling I achieved from it was clean. Theraputic. It just felt right. It was like I could just relax and be around people and actually enjoy their company. Even if prior to this I considered them horrible people.

What I did notice was that I got the same effect from a 10mg or 20mg dose. Obviously this could differ from person to person. I always found that taking a dose late in the day could result in the effects lingering into the next morning. It's not sedating as such but it antagonozises m1 + m2 receptors so this could explain the dampening influence it has on your 'get up and go' which I found slightly counterproductive if this was first thing in the morning. In all honesty I would really like to try this with something like Deprenyl or Bupripion, it would be a pretty awesome combo IMO.

Yes for me personally Afobazol was a good impact drug. I notice its effects straight away. But I think you only achieve the true anxiety effects when this is taken chronically. So if it's a one day thing where you need to wash away anxiety I would say benzo's are probably better in this respect.

#40 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Awesome, thanks for the update! I've been reading about this and agomelatine this week, they're the first things I've considered for my general low-level and social anxiety since my very brief stint with SSRIs about 7 years ago.

Looking back I had about 8 weeks of no emotional stress, significantly reduced GAD and I was so much more happy within myself. I just think that Afobazol is going to be one of those things I will always use but only on an as needed basis. My life tends to go through peaks and troughs and Afo will help with the troughs for sure. So I'll be using sporadically.

I'm very attracted to the idea of something I can use sporadically. It sounds like you noticed some effects immediately; for how long did you notice increasing positive effects? And when did negatives start to creep up?

Based on your experience, in what kind of time frames are you picturing using this, for a couple of days or weeks at a time?

Did you ever skip a day during your trial?—if so, did you experience any negative emotional impact (beyond decreased efficacy of the drug effets), or withdrawal-like symptoms SSRIs can give you when doing this? How did cessation go? Did you taper?

Sorry if you addressed any of this, I'm at the very end of my day, but I didn't see it glancing through the thread. Thanks again, and please keep us updated on how your new usage pattern works out for you.

#41 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Awesome, thanks for the update! I've been reading about this and agomelatine this week, they're the first things I've considered for my general low-level and social anxiety since my very brief stint with SSRIs about 7 years ago.

Looking back I had about 8 weeks of no emotional stress, significantly reduced GAD and I was so much more happy within myself. I just think that Afobazol is going to be one of those things I will always use but only on an as needed basis. My life tends to go through peaks and troughs and Afo will help with the troughs for sure. So I'll be using sporadically.

I'm very attracted to the idea of something I can use sporadically. It sounds like you noticed some effects immediately; for how long did you notice increasing positive effects? And when did negatives start to creep up?

Based on your experience, in what kind of time frames are you picturing using this, for a couple of days or weeks at a time?

Did you ever skip a day during your trial?—if so, did you experience any negative emotional impact (beyond decreased efficacy of the drug effets), or withdrawal-like symptoms SSRIs can give you when doing this? How did cessation go? Did you taper?

Sorry if you addressed any of this, I'm at the very end of my day, but I didn't see it glancing through the thread. Thanks again, and please keep us updated on how your new usage pattern works out for you.

Hmmmm good question. It's going to be on a as needed basis. For me its important to recognize the signs of when I may be feeling stressed, unhappy and uncomfortable around people. This can be hard to spot as it can creep up on you without you realising but I keep prompting myself each day and this makes me more aware of how I really feel. What I tend to find is when start taking something if I notice the positive effects I'll keep taking it until I notice otherwise. I'm not going to take it for a while as I'm adjusting to Memantine at the moment. But once i'm all ok on that I am thinking of adding Bupripion and possibly Afobazol as well. It may work for me long term if I have something which is stimulating to counteract this negative long term side effect of Afobazol.

I did miss some days and noticed no withdrawl whatsoever. The effects would often linger into the next day sometimes but probably not beyond the second day without Afobazol. I basically just stopped cold turkey about a week ago and noticed nothing whotsoever. Obviously this could differ from person to person. If somebody relied heavily on Afobazol then upon discontinuation of treatment I suppose you might notice negative things but I can't comment on that because I haven't noticed anything.

#42 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

This sounds very interesting...Thorsten can you tell me where you buy this from?

Edited by HyperHydrosis, 17 April 2010 - 04:45 PM.

• like x 1

#43 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Yes Pharmacy1010, arrived in 2 weeks which was good as they do state it can take 2-4weeks for it to arrive.

#44 wkdnlazy

• 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Got mine last week and 20 mg is making me want to go to bed, then I tend to oversleep and have trouble waking up, although when I do I feel really refreshed. I'm currently trying to quit smoking with the patch plus I'm a shift worker so this could be why I'm sleeping more and more often but its definitely easier to fall asleep and for longer and my patch induced nightmares have reverted to pleasant dreams or none at all, but this is a strange one indeed !

#45 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Got mine last week and 20 mg is making me want to go to bed, then I tend to oversleep and have trouble waking up, although when I do I feel really refreshed. I'm currently trying to quit smoking with the patch plus I'm a shift worker so this could be why I'm sleeping more and more often but its definitely easier to fall asleep and for longer and my patch induced nightmares have reverted to pleasant dreams or none at all, but this is a strange one indeed !

I'm wondering if you could give us an update on your experiences this past month?

#46 ViolettVol

• 275 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

no updates till now??

#47 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Maybe this is a drug to cycle?

The maximum effect is achieved by the end of 4 weeks of treatment and remains in the posttherapeutic period, an average of 1-2 weeks.

From the vendor website. Is it Ok to post URL?

[yt]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vjrjifvas6o[/yt]

Edited by noos, 29 January 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#48 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

It gets better! Aside from AFOBAZOLE's mechanism of action NOT being that of a GABA RECEPTOR AGONIST, it appears that AFOBAZOLE may even HELP RESTORE DEPLETED GABA LEVELS BACK TO BASELINE - Check THIS out:

Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, Vol. 151, No. 5, September, 2011 PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY

Effects of Afobazole on the Content of Neurotransmitter Amino Acids in the Striatum in Global Transient Ischemia

V. S. Baykova, I. A. Kadnikov, M. V. Voronin, T. S. Ganshina, A. V. Gnezdilova, A. A. Gorbunov, P. C. Mirzoyan, and S. B. Seredenin

EDITED FROM FULL TEXT:

The objective of this study was to investigate delayed effects of afobazole on the levels of neurotransmitter amino acids in brain structures…

GABA level was significantly decreased in the striatum of ischemic rats. After afobazole administration, GABA level improved and reached the control values recorded in intact animals…

Afobazole administration resulted in restitution of striatal GABA content, which approached the control values; this should promote recovery of neuroprotective systems related to inhibitory influences…

Afobazole administration to ischemic animals resulted in more substantial increase in taurine level in the striatum. Agonistic interaction between afobazole and σ1-receptors, possibly underlies this phenomenon…

Thus, the increase in taurine level alongside with GABA can be regarded as components of recovery therapy…

Our findings led us to a conclusion that afobazole administered in a dose of 10 mg/kg to the animals 40 min after modeling of global ischemia restored the impaired balance of excitatory and inhibitory amino acids in the striatum, normalized their content to control values, and activates endogenous taurine-dependent neuroprotection system…

Anxiolytic agent afobazole (10 mg/kg intraperitoneally) 24 h after ischemia restores impaired balance of excitatory and inhibitory amino acids in the striatum of mongrel rats, normalizes their content to control levels, and activates endogenous taurine-dependent system of neuroprotection.

#49 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Where can one get this?

#50 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Where can one get this?

HERE: PHARMACY1010 - AFOBAZOL

#51 Cameronthecreator

• 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Anyone know if it is legal to import to Australia? we have the stupidest drug laws in the world. I would love to try this out, the doctor put me on Ativan but I hate it, also can you drink alcohol while taking this stuff?

#52 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Anyone know if it is legal to import to Australia? we have the stupidest drug laws in the world. I would love to try this out, the doctor put me on Ativan but I hate it...

I would recommend phoning Australian Customs and asking them. Tell them you want to import some AFOBAZOLE for personal use and see what they say. ;)

In the UK prescription drugs are not allowed to be sold from within the UK to within the UK without a prescription, but one is allowed to import up to 3 months' supply of prescription drugs, without a prescription, for personal use (only). :)

...also can you drink alcohol while taking this stuff?

Apparently so ;)

Firsty, since AFOBAZOLE does not influence the GABA pathway, and secondly, there is evidence that it does not interact with alcohol consumption (in fact it may even be helpful in treating ALCOHOLISM due to its mechanism of action being so differential); see the following study for example:

Eksp Klin Farmakol. 2000 May-Jun;63(3):52-4.

[Alcohol consumption and anti-alcohol effect of afobazol in MR and NMRA rats].
[Article in Russian]

Viglinskaia IV, Seredenin SB, Kolik LG.

Source
Laboratory of Pharmacogenetics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia.

Abstract
Dynamics of the alcohol intake variation in MR and MNRA inbred rats with different emotional-stress reaction (ESR) phenotypes was studied in the course of a 7-month voluntary alcoholization. Initially, the MNRA rats with an active ESR phenotype showed a higher level of a 15% aqueous ethanol consumption than did the MR rats. After 3 months, the consumption of ethanol in the highly emotional MR rats sharply increased and was retained on a high level during subsequent alcoholization. The new anxiolytic agent afobazol [5-ethoxy-2(morpholinoethylthio)-benzimidazole hydrochliride] did not potentiate the CNS depressant action of alcohol. A 2-week administration of afobazol (1 mg/kg, i.p.) after a 6-month alcoholization markedly reduced the alcohol consumption and reduced the craving to alcohol in the rats of both lines studied.

PMID: 10934597

#53 thegron

• 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

Can anyone link me a reliable and trustworthy Afobazole source?

#54 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

What pharma1010 gone bad?

#55 thegron

• 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

i cant seem to find it. if u find it can u plz link it for me?

#56 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Has anyone used afobazole for serious, chronic insomnia and had any success? I'm, dying over here bros. I'm almost completely sure I'm going to die when I'm 40-something if I can't fix this soon..

#57 thegron

• 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

Have you tried Agomelatine? I've heard that that can help since it is a Melatonin receptor agonist.
  • like x 1

#58 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

It's available on http://contraceptin.com, however, I've never ordered from there so I can't vouch for them. From the research I've done though, they seem legit. Their twitter account has 17k followers.

http://contraceptin....t&product_id=99

#59 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

anyone else tried this? sound great. Thornsten would like to ask you did you have any pre-existing disorder before taking afobazol?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Here you go thegron................http://www.pharmacy1...age.asp?id=1677

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users