• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In    
  • Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Cordyceps-Anyone taking this?


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Logan

  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:31 AM


I am interested in taking Cordyceps for cardiovascular endurance and other possible health benefits.

Anyone here taking it? If so, what has been your experience with it?

Also, does anyone have a reason why they believe Cordyceps would not be good for one's health?

#2 Sillewater

  • Guest
  • 1,076 posts
  • 280 ₮
  • Location:Canada
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Interested in opinions also.

sponsored ad

  • Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sebastian

  • Guest
  • 45 posts
  • 0 ₮

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, I have been playing around with different strains of mushrooms and different extracts.

Cordyceps are quite powerful, especially in higher doses. I definitely do notice immune system benefits, as well as some more energy.

I would not go so far as to say they would not be good for ones health, but like most potent herbs (ashwaganda) I would not suggest you take it for long periods of time. In the long run your immune system may get out of balance with constant stimulation.

#4 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, I have been playing around with different strains of mushrooms and different extracts.

Cordyceps are quite powerful, especially in higher doses. I definitely do notice immune system benefits, as well as some more energy.

I would not go so far as to say they would not be good for ones health, but like most potent herbs (ashwaganda) I would not suggest you take it for long periods of time. In the long run your immune system may get out of balance with constant stimulation.


Yeah I was thinking it would have to at least be cycled. I think I'm going to take it for a month or two just to help me get back into shape and then just take it in cycles especially during times that I need more energy or if I am training for a race.

#5 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, I have been playing around with different strains of mushrooms and different extracts.

Cordyceps are quite powerful, especially in higher doses. I definitely do notice immune system benefits, as well as some more energy.

I would not go so far as to say they would not be good for ones health, but like most potent herbs (ashwaganda) I would not suggest you take it for long periods of time. In the long run your immune system may get out of balance with constant stimulation.


So was the effect immediate or did you have to take it for a few days or a week to really notice it? I guess I will find out today when I buy some and take it.

#6 Sebastian

  • Guest
  • 45 posts
  • 0 ₮

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'd say I noticed it right away when I first started taking them. However, now I just take them occasionally.
As far as athletic performance goes, it may be beneficial for endurance.

Let us know what effect it has on you.

#7 bocadillodelomo

  • Guest
  • 49 posts
  • -2 ₮

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:16 AM

I'd say I noticed it right away when I first started taking them. However, now I just take them occasionally.
As far as athletic performance goes, it may be beneficial for endurance.

Let us know what effect it has on you.


Ive taken cordyceps and reishi as well. The thing with mushrooms IMO is that mushrooms are very good for the health and a little different from herbs in that they are subtle and need to be taken for a while to notice benefit. I really didn't notice anything on reishi the first time and stopped it but the second time i noticed i was breathing so much better and immune system wise, very good stuff.
Cordyceps i haven't had a chance to fully experiment but it is supposed to be very good for the kidneys and asthma/breathing issues as well.

Like anything, cycle it to be safe.

#8 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

I took 1.5 grams yesterday and it seemed to mellow me out completely. This was not good since I took it just before I went to the gym. I took less today and havent noticed much.

#9 Sillewater

  • Guest
  • 1,076 posts
  • 280 ₮
  • Location:Canada
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:15 AM

These studies are not from the best journals you can find, but they are interesting.

Studies of Cordyceps militaris on anti-oxidative status and learning memory ability in senescence accelerated mice

Fitoterapia. 2009 Dec 4. [Epub ahead of print]
Protection of chronic renal failure by a polysaccharide from Cordyceps sinensis.
Wang Y, Yin H, Lv X, Wang Y, Gao H, Wang M.

School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjia Xiang, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu, People's Republic of China.
A water-soluble polysaccharide (CPS-2), isolated from the cultured Cordyceps sinensis, was obtained by hot-water extraction, anion-exchange and gel permeation chromatography. Its structural characteristics were investigated by PMP pre-column derivation, periodate oxidation, methylation analysis, FTIR and NMR spectroscopy. CPS-2 was found to be mostly of alpha-(1-->4)-d-glucose and alpha-(1-->3)-D-mannose, branched with alpha-(1-->4,6)-d-glucose every twelve residues on average. CPS-2 had a molecular weight of 4.39x10(4)Da. The protective effect of CPS-2 on the model of chronic renal failure was established by fulgerizing kidney. The changes in blood urea nitrogen and serum creatinine revealed that CPS-2 could significantly relieve renal failure caused by fulgerizing kidney. Copyright © 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

PMID: 19969045 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]


Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2009 Nov 30. [Epub ahead of print]
A Contemporary Treatment Approach to Both Diabetes and Depression by Cordyceps sinensis, Rich in Vanadium.
Guo JY, Han CC, Liu YM.

Molecular Biology Laboratory of Guang'anmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China. yongmei_l@126.com.
Diabetes mellitus is accompanied by hormonal and neurochemical changes that can be associated with anxiety and depression. Both diabetes and depression negatively interact, in that depression leads to poor metabolic control and hyperglycemia exacerbates depression. We hypothesize one novel vanadium complex of vanadium-enriched Cordyceps sinensis (VECS), which is beneficial in preventing depression in diabetes, and influences the long-term course of glycemic control. Vanadium compounds have the ability to imitate the action of insulin, and this mimicry may have further favorable effects on the level of treatment satisfaction and mood. C. sinensis has an antidepressant-like activity, and attenuates the diabetes-induced increase in blood glucose concentrations. We suggest that the VECS may be a potential strategy for contemporary treatment of depression and diabetes through the co-effect of C. sinensis and vanadium. The validity of the hypothesis can most simply be tested by examining blood glucose levels, and swimming and climbing behavior in streptozotocin-induced hyperglycemic rats.

PMID: 19948751 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]


Does anyone know of the vanadium content of supplements?

J Altern Complement Med. 2002 Jun;8(3):315-23.
A fermentation product of Cordyceps sinensis increases whole-body insulin sensitivity in rats.
Balon TW, Jasman AP, Zhu JS.

Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Gonda Research Center, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA. tomwbalon@hotmail.com
Comment in:

J Altern Complement Med. 2002 Aug;8(4):403-5.
OBJECTIVE: CordyMax trade mark Cs-4 (Cs-4) is a standardized mycelial fermentation product of Cordyceps sinensis, a fungus that has been used for various pharmacologic, metabolic, and ergogenic purposes. The goal of this investigation was to determine the effects of oral Cs-4 administration on whole-body insulin sensitivity, skeletal muscle glucose transport, and endurance performance. DESIGN: We studied different indices of carbohydrate metabolism in rats that received Cs-4 orally at a dose of 2 g/kg of body weight daily for 30 days. RESULTS: C-peptide response observed during the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) after 10 days of treatment was significantly decreased in the Cs-4-treated group (Cs-4, 52,802 +/- 4,124 vs. control, 70,696 +/- 6309 pM x 120 min; p < 0.05). The integrated insulin area under the curve (53.3 +/- 4.9 ng/mL x 120 minutes) and the glucose-insulin index (6.6 +/- 0.6 units) obtained from the OGTT were significantly decreased (p < 0.01) in the Cs-4-treated group compared to their vehicle-treated counterparts (82.1 +/- 8.1 ng/mL x 120 minutes; 9.9 +/- 0.7 units) after 20 days of treatment. Neither integrated glucose area under the curve observed during either OGTT, basal- or insulin-stimulated 2-deoxyglucose transport nor skeletal muscle GLUT-4 concentrations were affected by Cs-4 treatment. In addition, swim time to exhaustion did not differ between groups in this animal model. CONCLUSION: We conclude that CordyMax Cs-4 may have potential beneficial effects by maintaining whole-body glucose disposal with a less pronounced increase in insulin secretion after a carbohydrate challenge, however, its effects on endurance performance remain questionable.

PMID: 12165189 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]


Invitro studies against cancer:

Zhong Yao Cai. 2007 Mar;30(3):310-3.
[Inhibitory effects of cordyceps extract on growth of colon cancer cells]
[Article in Chinese]

Huang H, Wang H, Luo RC.

Cancer Center, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China.
OBJECTIVE: To observe the inhibiting effect of Cordyceps extract on the growth of colon cancer cell lines in vitro and its mechanism. METHODS: MTT assay was used to evaluate the inhibiting effect of Cordyceps extract on the proliferation of colon cancer cells. Report Gene was used to evaluate the relative NF-kappaB activity of the SW480 cells which were transfectd by pNF-kappaB-TA-Luc report gene. Western blot analysis was used to evaluate the content of IkappaBalpha in SW480 cells. RESULTS: Cordyceps extract could inhibit the proliferation of HT-29 and SW480 cells in a dose-dependent manner. Report gene showed that TNF-alpha enhance the activation of NF-kappaB in SW480 cells and Cordyceps extract Could decrease the activation of NF-kappaB induced by TNF-alpha in SW480 cells. Western blot analysis showed that TNF-alpha can induce the degradation of IkappaBalpha of SW480 cells and Cordyceps extract can inhibit it. CONCLUSION: Cordyceps extract can inhibit the proliferation of colon cancer cells through inhibiting the degradation of lkappaBalpha in the cell and inhibiting the activation of NF-kappaB.

PMID: 17634040 [PubMed - in process]


Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2004 Dec;31 Suppl 2:S51-3.
Antitumour activity of cordycepin in mice.
Yoshikawa N, Nakamura K, Yamaguchi Y, Kagota S, Shinozuka K, Kunitomo M.

Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukpgawa Women's University, Nishinomiya, Japan.
1. The antitumour effect of orally administered cordycepin, a component isolated from water extracts of Cordyceps sinensis, was examined in mice inoculated with B16 melanoma (B16-BL6) cells. 2. B16-BL6 (1 x 10(6)) cells were inoculated subcutaneously into the right footpad of mice. At 2 weeks after the cell inoculation, the enlarged primary tumour lump was weighed. Cordycepin (0, 5 and 15 mg/kg per day) was administered orally to the mice for 2 weeks from the date of tumour inoculation. Cordycepin (15 mg/kg per day) significantly reduced by 36% the wet weight of the primary tumour lump compared to that of the untreated control mice, without any loss of bodyweight or systemic toxicity. 3. Cordycepin (15 mg/kg per day) administered orally for 2 weeks inhibited the tumour enlargement in the right thigh inoculated with B16-BL6 cells premixed with extracellular matrix (Matrigel). 4. These results indicate that orally administered cordycepin inhibits melanoma cell growth in mice with no adverse effects.

PMID: 15649290 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]


J Leukoc Biol. 2009 Jun;85(6):987-95. Epub 2009 Mar 4.
Two-sided effect of Cordyceps sinensis on dendritic cells in different physiological stages.
Li CY, Chiang CS, Tsai ML, Hseu RS, Shu WY, Chuang CY, Sun YC, Chang YS, Lin JG, Chen CS, Huang CL, Hsu IC.

National Tsing Hua University, 101, Section 2, Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan.
Cordyceps sinensis (CS), a Chinese tonifying herb, has been widely used for centuries in Asian countries as a medicine and a health supplement. Although ample evidence indicates that CS can modulate immune responses, the functional effect of CS on dendritic cells (DCs) is still unclear. This study examines how CS affects human monocyte-derived DCs in two physiological states: naïve and LPS-induced inflammatory. Our experimental results demonstrate that CS acts as an activator and maturation inducer of immature DCs by stimulating the expression of costimulatory molecules and proinflammatory cytokines by DCs, enhancing the DC-induced, allogeneic T cell proliferation, and reducing the endocytic ability of DCs. In contrast, CS suppresses the LPS-induced, inflammatory response by decreasing the LPS-induced expression of costimulatory molecules and proinflammatory cytokines by DCs. CS also suppresses the LPS-induced, DC-elicited, allogeneic T cell proliferation and shifts the LPS-activated, DC-driven Th1 response toward a Th2 response. These results demonstrate that CS differentially regulates the DC activities according to the presence or absence of the inflammatory signs. Restated, with the lack of an ongoing inflammatory environment, CS primes DCs toward a Th1-type immunity, whereas in a potential inflammatory reaction, CS balances the over-reactivity of elicited Th1 immunity. This investigation illustrates the Yin-Yang balancing effects of CS as a medicine and a health supplement.

PMID: 19261928 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]


J Pharm Pharmacol. 2009 Mar;61(3):279-91.
Cordyceps fungi: natural products, pharmacological functions and developmental products.
Zhou X, Gong Z, Su Y, Lin J, Tang K.

Plant Biotechnology Research Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China. xanweizhou@sjtu.edu.cn
OBJECTIVES: Parasitic Cordyceps fungi, such as Cordyceps sinensis, is a parasitic complex of fungus and caterpillar, which has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries particularly in China, Japan and other Asian countries. This article gives a general idea of the latest developments in C. sinensis research, with regard to the active chemical components, the pharmacological effects and the research and development of products in recent years. KEY FINDINGS: The common names for preparations include DongChongXiaCao in Chinese, winter worm summer grass in English. It has many bioactive components, such as 3'-deoxyadenosine, cordycepic acid and Cordyceps polysaccharides. It is commonly used to replenish the kidney and soothe the lung, and for the treatment of fatigue. It also can be used to treat conditions such as night sweating, hyposexuality, hyperglycaemia, hyperlipidaemia, asthenia after severe illness, respiratory disease, renal dysfunction, renal failure, arrhythmias and other heart disease and liver disease. Because of its rarity and outstanding curative effects, several mycelia strains have been isolated from natural Cordyceps and manufactured by fermentation technology, and are commonly sold as health food products. In addition, some substitutes such as C. militaris and adulterants also have been used; therefore, quality control of C. sinensis and its products is very important to ensure their safety and efficacy. SUMMARY: Recent research advances in the study of Cordyceps, including Cordyceps mushrooms, chemical components, pharmacological functions and developmental products, has been reviewed and discussed. Developing trends in the field have also been appraised.

PMID: 19222900 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]



#10 Steve_86

  • Guest
  • 266 posts
  • 34 ₮
  • Location:Australia - Perth

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

I wonder why Cordyceps is not discussed here more frequently. I'm really liking the subtle energy and libido boost it gives me.
  • like x 1

#11 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

I wonder why Cordyceps is not discussed here more frequently. I'm really liking the subtle energy and libido boost it gives me.


That's great..I think cordyceps mellows me a bit too much for some reason. I wish I got the same physical endurance boosting effects that other people get. Maybe I'm just not taking a good cordyceps product. Schisandra on the other hand has been great for me so far-subtle smooth mind and body energy boost.

I wonder why mushrooms and other herbs are not taken more and discussed more here on imminst. Maybe it is the lack of good research. Then again, many chinese and ayuverdic herbs and medicinal mushrooms have been studied recently and these studies can be found on pubmed.

#12 Steve_86

  • Guest
  • 266 posts
  • 34 ₮
  • Location:Australia - Perth

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

I wonder why Cordyceps is not discussed here more frequently. I'm really liking the subtle energy and libido boost it gives me.


That's great..I think cordyceps mellows me a bit too much for some reason. I wish I got the same physical endurance boosting effects that other people get. Maybe I'm just not taking a good cordyceps product. Schisandra on the other hand has been great for me so far-subtle smooth mind and body energy boost.

I wonder why mushrooms and other herbs are not taken more and discussed more here on imminst. Maybe it is the lack of good research. Then again, many chinese and ayuverdic herbs and medicinal mushrooms have been studied recently and these studies can be found on pubmed.


What dose are you taking? you might just need a bigger dose. I've noticed a lot of brands recommend fairly low doses of ~0.5-2 grams per day which doesn't do anything noticeable for me.

I require a single dose of at least 4 grams daily to feel a subtle energy/stamina boost, mild increase of libido and a slight increase in general well-being. Overall it makes me feel that little bit 'healthier'. It has become too expensive for me to consume 4+ grams of a non-bulk/capsuled Cordyceps product. Today I bought some bulk Cordyceps from Smartpowders.com in powder form which is priced ridiculously cheap compared to what I have seen elsewhere. This has made me somewhat sceptical regarding the quality and possible presence of contaminants. Does anyone know if this is a particularly high risk product to be ordering from SP? I guess I'll have to do some research.

#13 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

I think SP is a pretty reliable company. I'm interested in hearing how their cordyceps makes you feel. Keep us posted!

Does the energy and libido boost last throughout the day? Are you just dosing it once in the morning?

#14 Steve_86

  • Guest
  • 266 posts
  • 34 ₮
  • Location:Australia - Perth

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

I think SP is a pretty reliable company. I'm interested in hearing how their cordyceps makes you feel. Keep us posted!

Does the energy and libido boost last throughout the day? Are you just dosing it once in the morning?


Yeah I have been using once daily first thing in the morning on an empty stomach about 30mins before breakfast. I'd say it lasts around 5 hours before tapering away slowly over another few hours, there is no crash.


Once the SP product comes I'll increase my dose to 4-6g twice daily and see how that goes.

#15 greensweater

  • Guest
  • 80 posts
  • 15 ₮
  • Location:Location
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

I take it intermittently for aerobic endurance, I find the effect immediate and quite noticeable.

#16 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

Decided to try higher doses today and man I think I notice a difference, at least I am not feeling mellowed or tired. I took 3 grams around 1 and another 3 grams around 5. I am going to the gym now, well maybe, and I will see how I feel working out. I used to never need anything to help me feel better in general (other than 100 mg Zoloft, some fish oil, and daily exercise), or help me with exercise(I was a cardiovascular freak just a few years ago), but nowadays I NEED something to at least help me get back to good cardiovascular conditioning and feeling well. Hopefully cordyceps will be one thing amongst several that will have a positive impact. Thanks Steve for sharing your experience. I was afraid to take higher doses after feeling the way I did on lower doses.

#17 mike250

  • Guest
  • 981 posts
  • 9 ₮

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

which brands are you guys using for those extracts may i ask ?

#18 greensweater

  • Guest
  • 80 posts
  • 15 ₮
  • Location:Location
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

I use CordyGen5, by Millennium sport technologies

#19 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

which brands are you guys using for those extracts may i ask ?


Right now I'm just downing a bunch of Vitamin Shoppe brand capsules. I think I will purchase some Cordyceps by Paul Stamets tomorrow. I'm also interested to find out how Steve's trial of SP's cordyceps goes. I'll have to check out CordyGen5.

#20 greensweater

  • Guest
  • 80 posts
  • 15 ₮
  • Location:Location
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Cordygen is popular over at BB.com and AM.com, they also sell it at vitamin shoppe.

It is pressed into nice little blue tablets that at first glance you can mistake for viagra, lol!

#21 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Phytother Res. 2009 Jan;23(1):116-22.


Antiaging effect of Cordyceps sinensis extract.
Ji DB, Ye J, Li CL, Wang YH, Zhao J, Cai SQ.

Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, 100191, RP China.


Abstract
This experiment studied the effect of Cordyceps sinensis extract (CSE) on mice aged by d-galactose and castrated rats to analyse its antiaging effect. Water maze and step-down type avoidance tests were used to examine the effect of CSE on learning and memory. CSE shortened escape latency, prolonged step-down latency and decreased the number of errors in mice aged by d-galactose. The effect of CSE on the sexual function of castrated rats was evaluated by measuring the penis erection latency, mount latency and ejaculation latency. CSE appeared to shorten penis erection latency and mount latency in castrated rats. The study also measured the effect of CSE on the activity of age-related enzymes. The results showed that CSE improved the activity of superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase and catalase and lowered the level of lipid peroxidation and monoamine oxidase activity in the aged mice. The study demonstrated that CSE can improve the brain function and antioxidative enzyme activity in mice with d-galactose-induced senescence and promote sexual function in castrated rats. All of these findings suggest that CSE has an antiaging effect.

PMID: 18803231 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]



#22 Vee

  • Guest
  • 2 posts
  • 0 ₮
  • Location:London

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi all! I've just got a quick story and a very intuitive if not the best PDF file I've found on-line explaining in quite an in-depth background, uses and scientific studies of the mushroom. However do not be put off by that as it's a very well written piece and easily understood, a must read for ANYONE already taking or looking to start taking Cordyceps. I am new here and would just like to say that I started off by taking Jarrow's Formulas Cordyceps, each consisting of 60x1000mg (two, once a day) 'certified organic' cordyceps. It is stated on the bottle that the cordyceps are cultivated from the wild cordyceps strain found at high altitudes in the Himalayan Mountain of Nepal and is harvested at the mycelium stage of growth.

Now that sounds rather promising for the amount the bottle costs. I have to buy a sealed bottle from ebay as no-one I know of sells it here in the UK. The idea of buying supplements from ebay is quite a cause for concern, but I have found this supplier to be very reputable and I have had no issues with them and the products I got from them.

So having tried 2000mg a day - I tend to have it in the morning or mid-afternoon after eating and I did find a considerable amount of something I could only describe as 'well-being' it's quite a nice feeling knowing everything is working perfectly I decided to try it out as I had suffered from some motorbike injures and was feeling rather down, having not been able to exercise and just being stuck doing nothing. This extra boost in my well being, helped me kick the miserable feeling of being helpless and I used it everyday also whilst going back and training in the gym.

I have recently started to reuse it but this time I am using another brand just for trial purposes for myself. I would be more then happy to let you lot know how it goes in a few weeks.
Other then that have a real read of the document, its around 63 pages, but I can only reiterate that acquiring the best knowledge is the best way to start.

You could either right click and 'save link as..' for a personal copy or just click on the link to open the PDF document on your web browser.

http://www.earthpulse.com/cordyceps_inc/cordyceps_story.pdf


I really hope this helps and looking forwards to peoples replies and experiences.

#23 Steve_86

  • Guest
  • 266 posts
  • 34 ₮
  • Location:Australia - Perth

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

My order of Cordyceps (450 grams) from Smart-Powders arrived a week ago. I have been taking two servings of 5 grams daily and thus far I'm really pleased with the results. I have noticed:
  • A mild but noticeable reduction in anxiety
  • Increased ability to handle stressful situations
  • Mild increase in sense of well-being.
  • More random erections
  • Reduction of fatigue, especially when sleep deprived.
  • Better performance during barbell strength training. - It's a bit early to make a proper judgement here so I can't rule out placebo.
  • Improved endurance when going for a brisk walk or jog
  • Reduction of tic - I have a minor facial tic which causes me to squint my eyes or blink more often.
Cordyceps is one of the only supplements I have which I can really notice.

There were a few issues with the order however... Whilst Smart-Powders prices are really good I think the quality is questionable. I was sent the 450g in six 75g tubs and one of the tubs had a loose lid without the safety seal correctly attached. Secondly, all 6 of the tubs were mislabelled. Each tub had two stickers which stated different doses per 1/4 teaspoon. I really hope Cordyceps is not prone to containing contaminants.

#24 someidiot

  • Guest
  • 43 posts
  • 5 ₮

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

Perhaps I must of took too low of a dose. I took Solaray brand and when I first started to take it, I was out like a light. I must of built up in my body because from then on it made me feel drunk (mellow). I did notice slightly more stamina (im known to run about 2 hours a day 13-14 miles) but maybe that is because of improved sleep quality; however, I did notice upon onset of sleep (when i first started to take it) that my breathing was altered--I was taking deeper breaths. This was an automatic response and it kinda freaked me out. I hear cordys are good for the lungs so...

#25 Steve_86

  • Guest
  • 266 posts
  • 34 ₮
  • Location:Australia - Perth

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

I forgot to add that it helps my quality of sleep dramatically.

Why is there no edit button on my post?

#26 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

My order of Cordyceps (450 grams) from Smart-Powders arrived a week ago. I have been taking two servings of 5 grams daily and thus far I'm really pleased with the results. I have noticed:

  • A mild but noticeable reduction in anxiety
  • Increased ability to handle stressful situations
  • Mild increase in sense of well-being.
  • More random erections
  • Reduction of fatigue, especially when sleep deprived.
  • Better performance during barbell strength training. - It's a bit early to make a proper judgement here so I can't rule out placebo.
  • Improved endurance when going for a brisk walk or jog
  • Reduction of tic - I have a minor facial tic which causes me to squint my eyes or blink more often.
Cordyceps is one of the only supplements I have which I can really notice.

There were a few issues with the order however... Whilst Smart-Powders prices are really good I think the quality is questionable. I was sent the 450g in six 75g tubs and one of the tubs had a loose lid without the safety seal correctly attached. Secondly, all 6 of the tubs were mislabelled. Each tub had two stickers which stated different doses per 1/4 teaspoon. I really hope Cordyceps is not prone to containing contaminants.


Glad to hear you are benefiting from Cordyceps. Yeah you might want to research possible contamination issues with Cordyceps.

For me the benefits of Cordyceps are still noticeable, I have experienced several of the same ones you listed.

#27 ajnast4r

  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • 147 ₮
  • Location:USA
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

bump bump... anyone having good luck with a particular brand? looking at jarrow or dr best right now

#28 Logan

  • Topic Starter
  • Guest
  • 1,869 posts
  • 173 ₮
  • Location:Arlington, VA

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

bump bump... anyone having good luck with a particular brand? looking at jarrow or dr best right now


Hmm, I feel like I had to use less capsules to reach wanted effectiveness with both the New Chapter's and Paul Stamet's products, compared to the Vitamin Shoppe brand I also used. They are expensive, but worth the money IMO.

I think the Jarrow product looks better than the Doctor's Best if you are choosing between the two. I suspect the Jarrow product may be the more potent of the two. Also, I don't think the two other ingredients adds any value to the Doctor's Best cordyceps.

#29 pycnogenol

  • Guest
  • 1,164 posts
  • 72 ₮
  • Location:In a van down by the river!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:47 PM

bump bump... anyone having good luck with a particular brand? looking at jarrow or dr best right now


I'm gonna pull the trigger and order Cordyceps from Mushroom Science.

http://www.iherb.com...Caps/16423?at=0

Their website:

http://www.mushroomscience.com/

"All of the modern clinical research on Cordyceps has been conducted with hot water extracts of the Cordyceps sinensis Cs-4 strain,
the same strain we use at Mushroom Science to produce our high potency Cordyceps extract. Every batch of Mushroom Science Cordyceps
is guaranteed to contain the same effective levels of polysaccharide and adenosine compounds as used in the human clinical research."

Edited by pycnogenol, 02 November 2010 - 10:48 PM.


sponsored ad

  • Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 ajnast4r

  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • 147 ₮
  • Location:USA
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:36 AM

i use mushroom science reishi... def the best reishi out right now. but i figure since the dr's best & jarrow are so much cheaper its worth trying them first. im most likely going with the dr's best... i'll report back with effects.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users