• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam, Aniracetam & Choline Citrate Dosage Please HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radiogical

• 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hi Guys,
I am a 23 years old healthy male weighing 96 KG with a height of 1.81m.
Last October I resumed my studies after 8 years absence from school, & since I find it truly difficult to focus & concentrate by nature & also because I get stressed easily it was no easy task to concentrate on my studies especially in graphical communication & maths, so with my exams being round the corned I started taking Piracetam. Having used it two years ago I knew that I had to take an attack dosage to feel the effects so I took an attack dose of about 4000mg twice daily but unfortunately it didn't give me the desired effect but on the contrary I experienced exactly the opposite effects (I started feeling spaced out) so for the last few days I've been taking Aniracetam & Piracetam at a dosage of about 600mg aniracetam & 200mg Piracetam twice daily (I know that I am taking piracetam at low dosages & I will not benefit alot from its effects. With 1200Mg & 400mg of Piracetam daily I saw a vast improvement in concentration and even my mood was much better and also I was able to handle more tasks at once (Maybe it was a Placebo effect) Now I just bought 500g of Choline Citrate in powder form from an online retailer and on the container there was written that the recommended dose was 3000mg three to two times a day but since I saw that it was way too much I encapsulated 1600mg of Choline citrate in gel caps and took them with my second daily dose of 600mg Aniracetam & 200mg Piracetam & a handfull of peanuts to maximize absorption, this was yesterday about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I felt that the desired effects had worked for me not the way I taught they would but they worked,

Now the only problem I have is that this morning I woke up with a terrible headache, especially on my right side of my head (like a terrible vodka hang over), could it be that I am experiencing this headache cos of the amount of choline I took? (Also this morning On psychology.wiki I read the following excerpt on certain cholinergics & nootropics ,
"many nootropics may theoretically be used as human enhancement, boosting mental function in otherwise normal healthy people. This is physically problematic, however, e.g. since compensatory mechanisms of the brain prevents long-term enhancements[citation needed]. For instance, a short period of increased concentration and alertness of taking stimulants[citation needed], e.g. caffeine, is compensated for by a period at least as long with decreased alertness etc. in order to avail for recovery".

Can it be this the case for my headache? should I drop Piracetam out of the equation or should I increase the dosage of the racetams & lower that of choline-citrate?
Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Edited by radiogical, 04 March 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#2 Rhcan09

• 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

Hi Chris,

The "rebound effect" (as I call it) which is common to most medications (caffeine was mention) probably DOES apply to nootropics. You don't see that discussed here much, but it would seem logical.

That said, I doubt the rebound effect has kicked in for you after just a week or so. ALSO, I doubt it would account for your headache. I'm guessing your headache might be remedied if you took the Choline along with each dosage, ie, kept Choline more consistent in your system. Usually people get headaches from not enough Choline when taking racetams.

Also, as you've pointed out, I doubt the Piracetam dose you're taking has any impact on your regimen. For simplicity and clarity while "fine tuning", you might consider just cutting it out.

Last thought - 3000 mg doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of Choline Citrate (or Bitartrate). It's been a while since I used either of those Choline sources, but I remember that I used to measure the amounts in teaspoons. I'm sure it would have been somewhere around 3g that I took. For the choline, you can probably mix it with juice if you want, and save the capsule making step.

Unfortunately, Aniracetam doesn't really dissolve in juice or water, so it's best to keep capping that. Piracetam dissolves well though - you could mix it in juice with the choline.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users