Photo
- - - - -

Sulbutiamine adverse effects

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Heisenberg

• 100 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

I ordered Sulbutiamine (200mg) capsules to help me study for upcoming exams in summer, as I had read that it would help with focus and energy. I took 200mg in the morning with a meal for the last few days, however, instead of increased focus and energy, I experienced racing thoughts, nervousness and general UN-focusedness.

Has anybody else experienced similar effects? Is the dosage too low or will it simply take a while to get used to the supplement?

#2 mxr808

• 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Are you taking it with a choline supplement?

#3 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

whats the cheapest place of ordering this kind of stuff + shipping costs over to the uk?

#4 TheNewScientist

• 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

I've had exactly the same effects. Only got it last week but have taken 1g sulb + 1g choline in the morning (with food) the last few days and have just felt pretty rubbish.

#5 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

What type of, and sized portions of, food have you guys been taking it with ? What brand you using ? Just clutching at straws here. I'm surprised about the effects describe after just 200mg, would it be a good idea for Heisenberg to at least double his dosage and then see what happens ? i take 1gram of this http://www.nutraplan...r-30-grams.html every morning and nothing jumps out at me in terms of side effects.
Apart from the first 2 or 3 days when i would remember getting the quivering lip that others have described, accompanied by a slight tingling feeling in the cheeks, up to an hour after taking it, similar to what you get after blowing up a balloon.
As for posotive effects, hard to tell as i take it as part of a stack, which may sound silly, but the stack as a whole works, i don't feel like making any efforts to weed out what might not be working.
I remember when i first took the pharma grade tabs, before getting the powder, and would bet that 800mg worth of those helped with physical endurance, on the days that i cycled it.

Edited by Solarclimax, 13 March 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#6 Shay

• 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

I've had exactly the same effects. Only got it last week but have taken 1g sulb + 1g choline in the morning (with food) the last few days and have just felt pretty rubbish.

I've noticed that taking 400mg can leave me with an all day nasty headache that can even last through the night until mid day next. It certainly hasn't appeared to be a worthwhile investment.

#7 TheNewScientist

• 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

What type of, and sized portions of, food have you guys been taking it with ? What brand you using ? Just clutching at straws here. I'm surprised about the effects describe after just 200mg, would it be a good idea for Heisenberg to at least double his dosage and then see what happens ? i take 1gram of this http://www.nutraplan...r-30-grams.html every morning and nothing jumps out at me in terms of side effects.
Apart from the first 2 or 3 days when i would remember getting the quivering lip that others have described, accompanied by a slight tingling feeling in the cheeks, up to an hour after taking it, similar to what you get after blowing up a balloon.
As for posotive effects, hard to tell as i take it as part of a stack, which may sound silly, but the stack as a whole works, i don't feel like making any efforts to weed out what might not be working.
I remember when i first took the pharma grade tabs, before getting the powder, and would bet that 800mg worth of those helped with physical endurance, on the days that i cycled it.

I've been eating mine after porridge (which i guess is just oats + milk) and a banana which i have for breakfast, my stomach is completely empty other than that. Not that substantial i guess, what are you eating with it? i got mine from my the same site fwiw

I've noticed that taking 400mg can leave me with an all day nasty headache that can even last through the night until mid day next. It certainly hasn't appeared to be a worthwhile investment.

are you taking choline with that?

#8 Heisenberg

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for all your posts. I got the Sulbutiamine from relentless (www.relentlessimprovement.com), which seems to be a good quality source. I took one capsule (200mg) with some cereal, fruits, bread etc (breakfast) and did not take choline with it. Apart from sulbutiamine, I take a run off the mill multivitamine (Twin Lab), 1g of vitamine C (NSI), Gingko Biloba (Jarrows), L-Tyrosine (NSI, 750mg) and PABA (Country Life). Alone, none of these gives me any adverse effects and I have taken them for years.

This is the comment from Pete over at relentless: "I have never heard that observation before. If you feel the supplement is not giving you benefit then it is possible that your particular body chemistry may not agree with this material."

Maybe it is the missing choline source, or I should double up to 400mg, as others suggested, or it will simply not agree with me. I hope it is possible to mend this somehow, as I do not want to miss out on the purported benefits of sulbutiamine reported here... :-D

#9 Shay

• 54 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

I've been eating mine after porridge (which i guess is just oats + milk) and a banana which i have for breakfast, my stomach is completely empty other than that. Not that substantial i guess, what are you eating with it? i got mine from my the same site fwiw

are you taking choline with that?

I haven't, in several cases, taken it with choline. I couldn't say how that correlates to the headaches actually. CDP choline has a tendency to make me feel amped but somewhat scattered, so I've been testing things without it. I must have missed the suggestion to take them together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users