Photo
- - - - -

New SENSF forums

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Inkstersco

• 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

I expect most of you by now have noticed the new SENSF site.

Would anybody care to join us in the new forums to help warm up discussion?

Your feedback on the site would also be appreciated.

www.sens.org

--Iain

#2 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

Does that mean the old now-buried forum on the MF site can now be closed and a redirect put in?

#3 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

MF's old forum should continue to be accessible for historical reasons.

#4 Inkstersco

• Topic Starter
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

Does that mean the old now-buried forum on the MF site can now be closed and a redirect put in?

It'll be buried but preserved.

--Iain

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

What do you guys think about considering putting a "sens forum" button that redirects to theirs, if we can get them to do the same to link to here? And do you think that there is a way to make it so that when you log into to one forum or the other, imminst or sens forums that it can automatically log into both if the person chooses it?

#6 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

What do you guys think about considering putting a "sens forum" button that redirects to theirs, if we can get them to do the same to link to here? And do you think that there is a way to make it so that when you log into to one forum or the other, imminst or sens forums that it can automatically log into both if the person chooses it?

I think we should link to their forum. But I don't think we should require that they link to ours. I don't think this should offend anyone here, but I think Aubrey limits his participation here for the same reason that O'Shaunessy does...credibility. The words "Immortality Institute" will cause too many people to think we are out of touch with reality. That's why I always use the term Indefinite Lifespan over immortality. Immortality is a good goal to have, but it will cause too many people to have a "snake oil" association as is associated with fantastic claims. There's a lot of smart people here and I post here more than any other forum. But since SENS relies on donors, marketing matters. They are glad we exist and appreciate our support and hope that we are successful in growing the life extension community. But they also don't want to be too closely associated with fantastic objectives.

#7 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

I joined the forum. My name there is the same name here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users