Photo
- - - - -

Cryonics for Companion Animals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pyweack

• 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

I apologize for the intrusion, given that I’ve only been an infrequent lurker at ImmInst off and on over the past few years, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience they can share with taking advantage of the services that Cryonics Institute or Alcor, (or even any of the other cryonics organizations) offer for companion animals. Membership fees aside, is there any way to finance pet cryopreservation without having the full cryopreservation fee up front? I understand that CI does not do neuro. Under what circumstances, and for what price, does Alcor cryopreserve members’ pets? Are there any discounts available for multiple pet cryopreservations, or installment plan options?

I fully intend to contact Rudi Hoffman and become a member of either Alcor or CI as soon as possible. I was hoping to finish getting through college first. Unfortunately, time has abruptly run out ahead of schedule for my cat, who is now dying from cancer. Even if it’s too late for her, any information would be greatly appreciated for the sake of my other cats.

Thank you.

#2 benbest

• Registrant, Advisor
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

I apologize for the intrusion, given that I’ve only been an infrequent lurker at ImmInst off and on over the past few years, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience they can share with taking advantage of the services that Cryonics Institute or Alcor, (or even any of the other cryonics organizations) offer for companion animals. Membership fees aside, is there any way to finance pet cryopreservation without having the full cryopreservation fee up front? I understand that CI does not do neuro. Under what circumstances, and for what price, does Alcor cryopreserve members’ pets? Are there any discounts available for multiple pet cryopreservations, or installment plan options?

I fully intend to contact Rudi Hoffman and become a member of either Alcor or CI as soon as possible. I was hoping to finish getting through college first. Unfortunately, time has abruptly run out ahead of schedule for my cat, who is now dying from cancer. Even if it’s too late for her, any information would be greatly appreciated for the sake of my other cats.

Thank you.

It is possible to cryopreserve a pet at Alcor, but only if you
have made human cryopreservation arrangements with Alcor.
The rationale for this is: "It makes no sense to send a pet into the
future if the owner will not be there for them":

http://www.alcor.org...faq06.html#pets

The Cryonics Institute has 64 pets in storage, currently.
In many cases the owners have made no arrangements for
themselves, and may never do so. It may seem these people
care more about their pets than they do about themselves,
but there may be other reasons, such as procrastination
about making their own arrangements as opposed to the
urgency of immediately preserving a pet who has just
deanimated (or is about to deanimate).

Membership is a requirement for pet cryopreservation at
CI, but the meaning of Membership at CI is different than
at Alcor. Membership at CI is simply the privilege of making
cryopreservation arrangements of any kind, human, pet or
DNA storage:

http://www.cryonics.org/pets.html

http://www.cryonics....membership.html

To become a CI Member one only need complete an
application form and pay an application fee. (Only in
a couple of cases has CI refused membership -- on
grounds of behavior deemed dangerous to CI.)

#3 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your cat. I wish I had the money to suspend my previous cat Khan back in 2007.

I don't know why I couldn't afford Khan's suspension. The trolls on the Cult Education Forum consider me one of the grifters in the cryonics scam, so according to them I should have taken in plenty of money by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users