- - - - -

Memantine/Piracetam

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Would anyone like to speculate on any possible interation with Piracetam and Memantine?

Is there anybody here that takes both of these? Bearing in mind what Piracetam does for you, what does Memantine add to the usual Piracetam experience?

Or is this a bad interaction?

They both seem to act on the same NMDA glutamate receptor..Piracetam potentiaties it..Memantine stops calcium ions flowing in and preventing neurotoxicity.. What this would mean in combination I don't know. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm going to be experimenting with Memantine soon. If it's any better than Piracetam for my wellbeing then it may potentially replace Piracetam. I'm not really expecting any significant cognitive boost from Memantine though. It would be fantastic if they synergized. At the moment I also take Afobazol which is one of the very few drugs that I have found that actually synergizes with Piracetam. I usually hate mixing anything with my Piracetam because I love the clean mental high it gives me. Only fish oil and Afo mix with Piracetam for me without dulling its effects.

It would be great for any thoughts from those who know a bit more. The problem for me is that I understand pretty well how Memantine works but despite taking Piracetam for the past year and a half I still don't know how it truly works, hence my confusion here!

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

Ive received this personal experience from someone that has taken both.

To be honest. I didn't realize piracetam had this action on nmda receptors. When i received the memantine a few days ago. I took about 30mg a day for 3 days and i was taking piracetam with it. I was expecting some brainfog or memory issues from starting the memantine so high and so suddenly but surprisingly i didn't experience any adverse effects. I suppose the piracetam could've prevented this by working against the memantine?

how potent exactly is piracetams nmda potentiation supposed to be? it doesn't seem to be accelerating my ritalin tolerance....

oh yes. i'd have to say piracetam definitely had a positive effect when combined with the memantine. I got a nice body high from the memantine similar to a mild opiate. and my thinking was even clearer than usual...the d2 agonism was more apparent i think than the ndma antagonism

So the piracetam seemed to reduces the side effects and synergized with memantine? Interesting eh!
I'm guessing piracetam only potentiates some area's for cognition without interfering with the positive benefits of memantine.

I doubt it was just the D2 agonism more apperant as dopamine agonists never show benefits right away.

Edited by medievil, 25 March 2010 - 05:25 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:20 PM

Ive received this personal experience from someone that has taken both.

To be honest. I didn't realize piracetam had this action on nmda receptors. When i received the memantine a few days ago. I took about 30mg a day for 3 days and i was taking piracetam with it. I was expecting some brainfog or memory issues from starting the memantine so high and so suddenly but surprisingly i didn't experience any adverse effects. I suppose the piracetam could've prevented this by working against the memantine?

how potent exactly is piracetams nmda potentiation supposed to be? it doesn't seem to be accelerating my ritalin tolerance....

oh yes. i'd have to say piracetam definitely had a positive effect when combined with the memantine. I got a nice body high from the memantine similar to a mild opiate. and my thinking was even clearer than usual...the d2 agonism was more apparent i think than the ndma antagonism

So the piracetam seemed to reduces the side effects and synergized with memantine? Interesting eh!
I'm guessing piracetam only potentiates some area's for cognition without interfering with the positive benefits of memantine.

I doubt it was just the D2 agonism more apperant as dopamine agonists never show benefits right away.

That sounds promising. I would love to keep Pira in my stack if possible because it does help immensely with my ability to acompolish tasks and focus. Memantine is purely going to be for its raw neuroprotective qualities although it does seem to have many other interesting effects too!
There seem to be so many interesting drugs out there at the moment and fortunately for me Memantine is quite affordable :)

#4 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

I'm interested in hearing how you respond to Memantine. I've heard of some that responded well to it and others that said they felt like shit on it. So keep us posted!

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

AdnrewB:
I have some questions for you; your answer will be much appreciated. As you know, I´m taking selegiline (2,5 mg) + Pemoline (18,75 mg) + Memantine (20 mg). Recently, I could access to aniracetam, and I decided to try it, with *great* results (although signs of overestimulation are more frequent since I have included this nootropic). But I´m not sure if its mecanism of action is compatible with memantine. Do you have info about mixing these substances?

This report also seemed to suggest that memantine doesnt interact with aniracetam.
http://www.dr-bob.or...msgs/70636.html

The memantine racetam combo looks very interesting, looks like the racetams selectively work in the area's important for cognition, while not affecting the benefits of memantine and only reducing the side effects.

#6 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

AdnrewB:
I have some questions for you; your answer will be much appreciated. As you know, I´m taking selegiline (2,5 mg) + Pemoline (18,75 mg) + Memantine (20 mg). Recently, I could access to aniracetam, and I decided to try it, with *great* results (although signs of overestimulation are more frequent since I have included this nootropic). But I´m not sure if its mecanism of action is compatible with memantine. Do you have info about mixing these substances?

This report also seemed to suggest that memantine doesnt interact with aniracetam.
http://www.dr-bob.or...msgs/70636.html

The memantine racetam combo looks very interesting, looks like the racetams selectively work in the area's important for cognition, while not affecting the benefits of memantine and only reducing the side effects.

Interesting stuff Medievil. The combination interests me for sure. I'm going to start my mementine regime when I have a few days off work so I can adjust to it. Then I can add either Piracetam or Afobazol and maybe both over time.
I will report in this thread what I find I'm sure there are others who are in interested in combining both of these drugs.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 zodiac

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

running this stack nowadays, and it definitely seems to synergize.... hmmmm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users