• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Sent out mass email asking people to vote in poll.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

FYI.

Couldn't find the mass PM function. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Sent the mass email instead. Should do the trick.

Any pointers on using the mass PM feature that Justin suggested?

#2 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

FYI.

Couldn't find the mass PM function. I'm sure it's there somewhere. Sent the mass email instead. Should do the trick.

Any pointers on using the mass PM feature that Justin suggested?

Wasn't I going to do this? I've already sent a mass PM to the navigators, so I know how to do it.

The mass PM is in the Admin CP --> Tools and settings --> Post office --> Create new mail

#3 David Styles

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Wasn't I going to do this?

That was my understanding as well, but as it hadn't happened, I wasn't sure. Therefore, in the interests of making sure people had at least a week to vote, I went ahead and sent the email.

I've already sent a mass PM to the navigators, so I know how to do it.

The mass PM is in the Admin CP --> Tools and settings --> Post office --> Create new mail

Ok, I thought this also lead to the mass email feature instead.

If it leads to the mass PM feature, then by all means please do go ahead and send!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Wasn't I going to do this?

That was my understanding as well, but as it hadn't happened, I wasn't sure. Therefore, in the interests of making sure people had at least a week to vote, I went ahead and sent the email.

I've already sent a mass PM to the navigators, so I know how to do it.

Ok, I thought this also lead to the mass email feature instead.

If it leads to the mass PM feature, then by all means please do go ahead and send!

Ok, I wanted to include links to other conference-related topics, so I created these topics before sending the mass PM.

You've already send the mail?

Edited by s123, 28 March 2010 - 04:05 AM.

#5 David Styles

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

Ok, I wanted to include links to other conference-related topics, so I created these topics before sending the mass PM.

You've already send the mail?

The mass email, yes, not the mass PM.

Again, please do go ahead and send the mass PM.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

You can also find the mass PM function in the "Components" section of the admin menu.

I request that you not send out a mass PM with the same subject. If we want our mass communications to have impact, we cannot be sending them out too often. Here is the text of a PM I sent Sven because I thought he had sent out the email:

I see you sent out a mass email to all the members about the conference. During the meeting I suggested sending out a mass PM. I apologize if I did not make this clear.

We use the mass email for the newsletter, for funding drives, important announcements (such as when we have the date and location for the conference), and potentially for the Stop Aging Now partnership later this year.

We use mass PM to alert members to important discussions in the forums and other things.

These are not "written rules" just general guidelines we have followed over the years. Members and registered users have a little more control over their PMs, so active members don't mind getting PMs and you will typically get a better response.

If people get too many emails they tend to regard it as spam. They usually expect more official-type announcements and news through email.

Just something to keep in mind for future mass communication.

#7 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

Of course, this could be another "project" for leadership - defining what outlets to use for various announcements. We have the forums, the front page, facebook and twitter, mass email and PM, our media partners, etc...

When the conference is 100% set (we have a date, a place, and at least a few speaker confirmations), then we would want to use our full portfolio of outlets. For drumming up initial discussion, a mass PM is best in my estimation.

#8 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Of course, this could be another "project" for leadership - defining what outlets to use for various announcements. We have the forums, the front page, facebook and twitter, mass email and PM, our media partners, etc...

Yes and we need to co-ordinate how to use them effectively. If members get another notification every week in a haphazard fashion they may switch ImmInst to 'ignore' mode altogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users