- - - - -

HEADACHES WITH NOOTROPICS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 squork

• 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:07 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to hear if others have had headache problems with Piracetam, Hydergine, and Choline.
I took attack dose of Piracetam 7800 mg. for 5 days with improved reading comprehension, verbal fluency, and overall memory. Crashed on day 6 with big depression and mental dullness--most likely a depletion of that important neurotransmitter I forgot the name of.

Took a week break, then restarted. I've been taking lower doses of piracetam 800mg/day still with headache effects and not much IQ benefit. This is the same with hydergine at .75 mg/day. Choline seems to have the same effect and combinations don't work either. Am I just not nootropic compatible?

Of course I'd like to regain that honeymoon period I had the first 5 days. I suspect that was a placebo effect, something similar I experienced in the first few days of Lexapro usage.
Does anyone find nootropics to give them a consistent and noticeable improvement in mental functioning? Any insight would be appreciated.

[lol]

#2 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to hear if others have had headache problems with Piracetam, Hydergine, and Choline.
I took attack dose of Piracetam 7800 mg. for 5 days with improved reading comprehension, verbal fluency, and overall memory.  Crashed on day 6 with big depression and mental dullness--most likely a depletion of that important neurotransmitter I forgot the name of. 

Took a week break, then restarted.  I've been taking lower doses of piracetam 800mg/day still with headache effects and not much IQ benefit.  This is the same with hydergine at .75 mg/day.  Choline seems to have the same effect and combinations don't work either.  Am I just not nootropic compatible? 

Of course I'd like to regain that honeymoon period I had the first 5 days.  I suspect that was a placebo effect, something similar I experienced in the first few days of Lexapro usage. 
Does anyone find nootropics to give them a consistent and noticeable improvement in mental functioning?  Any insight would be appreciated.

[lol]

Here is what I recommend. Email smi2le, and ask him to make you a custom pill that gives you, in one day:

Aniracetam 2 X 750 mg
Idebenone 2 X 50 mg
Centrophenoxine 1 X 250 mg
Picamilon 2 X 100 mg
Phosphadityl Serine 100 mg

That is powerful and not too expensive. Let us know what the price is for a one month supply.

Take care and good luck,

Adam
;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:59 AM

Check your blood pressure on the day you get the headache.

#4 squork

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for the advise Adam. I e-mailed my questions and the prescription to smi2le. I'll keep you "posted" on their response.

I noticed you didn't include piracetam or hydergine in the mix. Is that because you find them ineffective for yourself, or because I mentioned my difficulty? How will these others be different?

Prometheus,

I have a headache today w/o anything taken, maybe residual from days before. Blood pressure normal just under 120.

Thanks for the help,

-squork

#5 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the advise Adam.  I e-mailed my questions and the prescription to smi2le.  I'll keep you "posted" on their response.

I noticed you didn't include piracetam or hydergine in the mix.  Is that because you find them ineffective for yourself, or because I mentioned my difficulty?  How will these others be different?

I take 4.5 mg hydergine daily, 2400 mg piracetam daily as well. I am just suggesting this because it is cheap and powerful. I am assuming you are cash strapped, as most of us are. What is your budget per month?

My stack is VERY elaborate. I take about 20 different supplements daily. It gets expensive...

#6 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:45 AM

There is no reason to use attack doses of piracetam.

The headaches may have been due to high blood pressure, excessive cholinergic activity, or coincidence.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 squork

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:32 PM

There is no reason to use attack doses of piracetam.

The headaches may have been due to high blood pressure, excessive cholinergic activity, or coincidence.

I hope that was it. I've not been taking anything for 3 days now and I still have this persitent headache and mental lethargy. I hope I didn't fry my brain permanently in someway. I would have assumed that would have happened after the attack dose of piracetam but that was nearly a month ago. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Take care,

Squork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users