Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

April 1, 2010 INW Update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hey everyone! The Facebook initiative is going REALLY well despite my lack of time to be able to work on managing it as much as I'd like (College stuff is taking up a lot of my time-- just got accepted into Gatech!). We are up 225 fans in the last week *alone* so great job, everyone! We are averaging 1 post per weekday with roughly 100 visits a day. We are definitely on the right track to promoting the cause! In the coming weeks I'll try to set up the admins to post something either on designated days, or to cover designated topics, based on their preferences.

Here is what I have in mind for the future, since we are getting Facebook more under control:
-Getting coverage via popular online sites/blogs
-Getting coverage via popular non-purely online sites
With these things in mind, it is important that we unify in a topic that we are going to be pushing media attention. This is where we all have to come in and decide what it is we want the public to hear about first when they hear about the Immortality Institute. Do they want to hear about the research that we are involved with? Do they want to hear about the community and what sort of online services we offer (such as interviews, educated scientific discussion etc), or do they want to hear about the custom multivitamin project under-way? (I think we know which one I favor).

Questions for YOU
-What topic should we "push" in the near future to media?
-Specific online media sites to push stories on
-Specific non-(primary)website media sites to push (magazines, podcasts, radios, etc.)

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hey everyone! The Facebook initiative is going REALLY well despite my lack of time to be able to work on managing it as much as I'd like (College stuff is taking up a lot of my time-- just got accepted into Gatech!). We are up 225 fans in the last week *alone* so great job, everyone! We are averaging 1 post per weekday with roughly 100 visits a day. We are definitely on the right track to promoting the cause! In the coming weeks I'll try to set up the admins to post something either on designated days, or to cover designated topics, based on their preferences.

Here is what I have in mind for the future, since we are getting Facebook more under control:
-Getting coverage via popular online sites/blogs
-Getting coverage via popular non-purely online sites
With these things in mind, it is important that we unify in a topic that we are going to be pushing media attention. This is where we all have to come in and decide what it is we want the public to hear about first when they hear about the Immortality Institute. Do they want to hear about the research that we are involved with? Do they want to hear about the community and what sort of online services we offer (such as interviews, educated scientific discussion etc), or do they want to hear about the custom multivitamin project under-way? (I think we know which one I favor).

Questions for YOU
-What topic should we "push" in the near future to media?
-Specific online media sites to push stories on
-Specific non-(primary)website media sites to push (magazines, podcasts, radios, etc.)

Congratulations on getting accepted into your college. The fan page progress is pretty inspiring. Throw that in the pot with the rest of the little things going on around imminst and the cause and it all really ads up. This is a good time for everybody to start keeping up with things like the imminst.org/newsletter 's, and its a great time for this facebook initiative to start looking to help spread the newsletter items.

As for what we want them to hear first in facebook, I would say regular mixed updates of all the aspects, like the things you write there. If I had to pick one concept to go first I think I would pick the growing action and volunteer pool, using the volunteer prize drawing to highlight it.

As to what to push to the media first I would say Laser Ablation Resarch Project.

How do you plan on pushing things into the media via facebook? Is there some kind of interfaces/apps for that? I guess to start discussing which ones might best, is there a list of specific options?

For organizing this, set up a topic with a title in the same format as the other main INW topics, in the INW pinned section. Then with in we'll keep an official topic that keepts track of people and sets and directs tasks. You can still start the topic now if you dont know all the details. We can add them in.

One way you could do this is to break the newsletter down into sections and get it approved by Mind, work with Mind on it. Then list those in the facebook inw main pinned topic with peoples names by them. That way it will be like, "John Smith - Navigator news," Then every month John Smith posts the Navigator news items in the Imminst facebook.

#3 Jurence

• Topic Starter
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

No no, not via facebook. Reaching out to the media would not involve facebook

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

We have media and ads projects getting ready to start up through the Marketing & Outreach team. Kian Kaul is working on a basic proposal for ads. We are also looking to start recruiting for media outreach work like that of the vip outreach team. We might also push a proposal for a possible publicist. There is a bunch of other stuff the team will be going over more as well, like press release web sites, and then other general concepts. If you want to join those teams and groups with in teams then Ill keep you in mind.

#5 Jurence

• Topic Starter
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

For some reason I wasn't aware of the marketing & outreach time =P Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users