Another point for chocolate

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 xyrox5

• 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

Hi:

I am not sure I would categorize it as "mere" conjecture. There have been
a high propensity of news reports of lead in chocolate, even in organic sources, more so than in other foods. It seems to happen in many different geos.

Sources, please?

You can choose to ignore that if you like. You can buy cocoa where the sellers claim to test for lead and other heavy metals, but you have to take a claim for what it is worth.

With all that said, I still eat my home made chocolate every day. I also eat cilantro and chlorella daily which are reputed to be heavy metal chelators.

Good. Cilantro alone will only re-distribute metals.

Still irrelevant. "Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption" means Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption, which is non-specific to cocoa tree, thus does not warrant your conjecture that "cocoa tree seems to be very good at absorbing heavy metals".

Nice attempt at dishonest selective citation. The whole citation was "The accumulation of toxic metals in beans of the cocoa tree (Theobroma cacao L) has been an issue of increased interest for many years. Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption". So this is about cadmium being accumulated by the cocoa tree. Not plants in general.

Of course it is referring to plants in general. The only thing relevant here maybe is your English comprehension skill.

So I have shown to cocoa products are often high in lead, cadmium, and nickel. In addition, cocoa has a high contents of many other metals that may of or may not be considered heavy metals depending on the definition such as copper, manganese, iron, zinc, and selenium.

High in heavy metals are all kinds of plants, thus your conjecture that "cocoa tree seems to be very good at absorbing heavy metals" is a mere conjecture.

#32 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

Cute. Now getting do desperate to get the last word that you are just copying one of your last posts?

Hm. A new poster only posting in one thread, refusing to provide references for weird claims, childish behavior such as just repeating the previous posts.

Another Full Circle sock puppet.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 xyrox5

• 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

Cute. Now getting do desperate to get the last word that you are just copying one of your last posts?

Hm. A new poster only posting in one thread, refusing to provide references for weird claims, childish behavior such as just repeating the previous posts.

Another Full Circle sock puppet.

You excel being irrelevant and concocting conjectures.

#34 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hmm, just google "lead" and "chocolate" for sources. Here are the first 10 results:
Results 1 - 10 of about 34,200,000 for lead chocolate. (0.19 seconds). I am sure if you
sift through the google results, you will find articles varying quality.

Search Results
Chocolate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to Lead‎: A recent peer-reviewed publication found significant amounts of lead in chocolate. In a USDA study in 2004, mean lead levels in the ...
Etymology - History - Types - Production
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate - Cached - Similar

Lead Contamination in Chocolate - Associated Content ...
Nov 11, 2008 ... Careful examination of chocolate labels and manufacturing regulations reveal that if a toddler of 33lb consumed an average cup of hot cocoa ...
www.associatedcontent.com/.../lead_contamination_in_chocolate.html - Cached - Similar
Lead in Chocolate
WCAS is a chemical laboratory providing tests for lead in chocolate by ICPMS.
www.wcaslab.com › Technical Articles - Cached - Similar

Processed Chocolate Contains Dangerous Lead Concentrations, Study ...
As if the sugar content wasn't reason enough to stay away from processed chocolate. A new study, in Environmental Health Perspectives, reveals that choco.
stanford.wellsphere.com/healthy...chocolate...lead.../533819 - Cached - Similar
Sources of Lead in Cocoa and Chocolate
by WI Manton - 2006 - Cited by 1 - Related articles
(2005) that “the plot shows that isotopic compositions of all the chocolate products overlap with those of lead aerosols” is unsupported by their primary ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ... › Environ Health Perspect › v.114(5); May 2006

Chocolate Lead Contamination Update : TreeHugger
Ever savor a sweet ending to a customer service adventure? See how this strikes you. We TreeHuggers have been big fans of Dagoba.
www.treehugger.com › Food & Health › food - Cached - Similar
foodconsumer.org - Meat, Chocolate, Coffee, and Sugar Lead to Food ...
Meat, Chocolate, Coffee, and Sugar Lead to Food Addiction.
www.foodconsumer.org/.../meat_chocolate_coffee_and_sugar_food_addiction_2903101122.html - Cached

Chocolate Companies Sued for Lead Content of Products | Food ...
LOS ANGELES - An environmental group on Wednesday sued chocolate makers including Hershey and Mars for not disclosing the amount of toxic metals such as ...
www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/food.../4247205-1.html - Cached - Similar

World Environment News - Chocolate makers sued for lead content of ...
May 9, 2002 ... LOS ANGELES - An environmental group yesterday sued chocolate companies including Hershey and Mars for not disclosing the amount of toxic ...
www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/15876/story.htm - Cached

Hi:

I am not sure I would categorize it as "mere" conjecture. There have been
a high propensity of news reports of lead in chocolate, even in organic sources, more so than in other foods. It seems to happen in many different geos.

Sources, please?

You can choose to ignore that if you like. You can buy cocoa where the sellers claim to test for lead and other heavy metals, but you have to take a claim for what it is worth.

With all that said, I still eat my home made chocolate every day. I also eat cilantro and chlorella daily which are reputed to be heavy metal chelators.

Good. Cilantro alone will only re-distribute metals.

Still irrelevant. "Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption" means Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption, which is non-specific to cocoa tree, thus does not warrant your conjecture that "cocoa tree seems to be very good at absorbing heavy metals".

Nice attempt at dishonest selective citation. The whole citation was "The accumulation of toxic metals in beans of the cocoa tree (Theobroma cacao L) has been an issue of increased interest for many years. Cadmium is known to be accumulated by foliar and root absorption". So this is about cadmium being accumulated by the cocoa tree. Not plants in general.

Of course it is referring to plants in general. The only thing relevant here maybe is your English comprehension skill.

So I have shown to cocoa products are often high in lead, cadmium, and nickel. In addition, cocoa has a high contents of many other metals that may of or may not be considered heavy metals depending on the definition such as copper, manganese, iron, zinc, and selenium.

High in heavy metals are all kinds of plants, thus your conjecture that "cocoa tree seems to be very good at absorbing heavy metals" is a mere conjecture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users