Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Time Machine

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

If you would have the chance to use a time-machine (no, at this moment we wont talk about the physical possibility of time travel) to which aera would you go and would there be something you would want to change?
Would you take pictures back there?
Would you take Animals like the dodo or a Dinosaur home with you?

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

To the future, of course, around the year 3,500 (just to be sure aging is beaten..), and i'd stay there lol.

#3 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

I think about this idea probably too much, I would go back to the Paleolithic! To me the only thing close to as exciting and mysterious as what the future holds for us, is the journey that got us here! I want to go back two and half million years to the start of the Paleolithic, and almost in fast forward watch as this exciting new species goes from a rudimentary tool using African ape, to a complex technology wielding abstract thinking altruistic emotional human being, who has spread to every corner of the globe. I want to watch consciousness develop. I want to see the birth of language and art and music. I want to see all the long forgotten and lost forever bizarre spiritual and religious practices certainly performed by our superstitious ancestors in their attempt to understand (and control) this complex world. I want to see a wild animal experimenting with mind altering drugs. I want to see the hardships and challenges that through evolution crafted and developed this intelligence so sophisticated that today we still have a long way to go in unravelling all of its complexities. And after all that then I want to see the birth of civilisation.

After this I would probably go back even further, stopping at around 3-4 billion years ago (latest evidence suggests uncertainty so it would be trial and error) for the birth of life itself (or possible extra terrestrial arrival!) and then keep going back to the birth of time itself. Unfortunately no going back further that this, although I do believe this was only the beginning of our pocket of 'time' :|?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Kolos

• 209 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

Perhaps to lets say 100 CE to save the Roman Empire and using modern technology turn it into theocracy with me as the God Emperor?
Or to 1932 kill Hitler and see what happens next, assuming it's possible to travel to the past it would be probably alternative reality of some sort so you can be creative.

#5 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

I think i would take a lot of weapons with me and god, would I change history, i would exterminate all the forces which even look like they would want to try to prevent scientific progress, and than i would force everybody to at least get one Doctors Degree in natural sciences, and by now we would at least have quantum-computers. ;)

#6 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Or to 1932 kill Hitler and see what happens next, assuming it's possible to travel to the past it would be probably alternative reality of some sort so you can be creative.

#7 Putz

• Guest, F@H
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

I think i would take a lot of weapons with me and god, would I change history, i would exterminate all the forces which even look like they would want to try to prevent scientific progress, and than i would force everybody to at least get one Doctors Degree in natural sciences, and by now we would at least have quantum-computers. ;)

This may be the highest good or highest evil - or perhaps amoral. You will prevent everyone living on earth today from being born and instead have billions of alternate descendants take their place. The world may be more technologically advanced (such as space travel by 1800s), but the only individual from our reality that would exist would be you, because you essentially copied your body's atomic structure into this new reality, avoiding the supposed "temporal paradox" or "grandfather paradox".

Everyone alive on earth today is the result of 10000 BC sumerian war rape, interacting religious dogmas, and butterflies beating their wings ;) .

#8 rephore

• 123 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

I'd go somewhere around 2050 and get all the cures for diseases, aging and death and take it back with me. Of course I'd have knowledge of stock markets and everything to be rich.

So I'd have enough money to build a whole country, and claim it paradise on earth. As I'd market my cures of diseases/death in my country. That way no regulatory board like the FDA can stop me.

#9 ken_akiba

• 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

I'd go to the point of time that time began :-)

#10 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I would totally want to hang around with Jesus and his clique.

Edited by chris w, 14 May 2010 - 03:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users