- - - - -

Deprenyl- Half life and amphetamine by product

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ian1983

• 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Dear all

I have read that deprenyl can metabolise into something which can be mistaken as amphetamine in blood tests.
My question is, if I have a blood/urine test on Tuesday afternoon which could test for such substances, would it be sensible not to take my usual 5mg dose (which I take every other day in the morning after breakfast) on the Sunday, but Saturday would be ok?

The half life of deprenyl is 9 hours or there abouts, so in reality I could take it on Monday, but I wasn't sure about the metabolised substances half life.

Many thanks

#2 polybi

• 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Dear all

I have read that deprenyl can metabolise into something which can be mistaken as amphetamine in blood tests.
My question is, if I have a blood/urine test on Tuesday afternoon which could test for such substances, would it be sensible not to take my usual 5mg dose (which I take every other day in the morning after breakfast) on the Sunday, but Saturday would be ok?

The half life of deprenyl is 9 hours or there abouts, so in reality I could take it on Monday, but I wasn't sure about the metabolised substances half life.

Many thanks

it isnt mistaken you have got amphetamines in your body. anyway amphetamines can be detected 2-4 days so it would be a little bit more than then.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ian1983

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

Well I would like to keep taking it, so if I were to keep supplementing with it, would it create a possible issue?

#4 polybi

• 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

Well I would like to keep taking it, so if I were to keep supplementing with it, would it create a possible issue?

well Deprenyl voids the negative effects of amp however you might fail a drugs test. and unless prescribed you run the risk of getting in "trouble" because i doubt people would believe you if you said you were taking Deprenyl instead of speed otherwise everyone would say that

#5 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

So how long before a drug test should it be discontinued? I don't want to risk it...potential job and fail the drug test? That'd really suck! :(

#6 ian1983

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

So how long before a drug test should it be discontinued? I don't want to risk it...potential job and fail the drug test? That'd really suck! :(

That's the thing.

If the half life is say 5 days at the end of the spectrum, really I would have to take my last dose tomorrow morning if potentially being tested on tuesday

#7 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

well, half life is just how long it takes for half of the by product to be eliminated. So in 5 days, half the amps are gone, in another 5 days, half of whats left is gone and so on, etc. So in reality if the half life of something is 5 days, it can be a few weeks before a negligable amount is left. I believe thats the way it works when using the term 'half life'???

That's the thing.

If the half life is say 5 days at the end of the spectrum, really I would have to take my last dose tomorrow morning if potentially being tested on tuesday

#8 ian1983

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

Apologies

I took the 5 day figure from post 2 by polybi, however I think that was the elimination from the blood stream figure, not its half life.

#9 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

I don't suppose we could ask the employer to wait about a week? Yeah...that'd be suspicious. I wonder if any cleansing product would help to eliminate it sooner. Maybe liver cleansing? Don't know....but I sure like my lunch dose of Deprenyl. ;)

#10 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:56 AM

Find an employer who doesn't feel like they have this moral imperative? Though that's not particularly helpful if you want this job, I suppose. Make sure you're drinking lots of water between now and then, but without doing some kind of extreme cleansing thing that day (which might cause you to fail anyway), there isn't much you can do at this point. Tests have varying detection limits, so it's hard to say if enough will be eliminated from your body.

I've heard that rasagiline doesn't have amphetamine metabolites, but I haven't looked this up yet.

#11 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Chrono - thanks for mentioning the rasagiline! I've never heard of it before but apprarently it doesn't break down into amphetamine metabolites like Deprenyl.

http://www.rasagiline.com/

Find an employer who doesn't feel like they have this moral imperative? Though that's not particularly helpful if you want this job, I suppose. Make sure you're drinking lots of water between now and then, but without doing some kind of extreme cleansing thing that day (which might cause you to fail anyway), there isn't much you can do at this point. Tests have varying detection limits, so it's hard to say if enough will be eliminated from your body.

I've heard that rasagiline doesn't have amphetamine metabolites, but I haven't looked this up yet.

Edited by 425runner, 11 April 2010 - 01:45 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Dear all...

Sweat it all out in sauna or steamroom. Drink lotsa water w/salt & minerals. Work out/run before sauna for better effect. You'll be clean like a babe.
  • dislike x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users