• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

modafinil cross tolerance to amphetamines?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polybi

• 51 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

^^ is there any? i hope there's not that way i could alternate between the two and keep tolerance too both down.

#2 LabRat84

• 116 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. I take Adderall. I've had limited experience with modafinil, but I found that after using amphetamines regularly, modafinil still worked (400 mg Modalert). 200mg did nothing (I fell asleep soon after taking it). I haven't tried modafinil for more than a day, though.

Modafinil does not control appetite the way that amphetamines do. (Since I'm overweight and eat under stress that's been a big plus). And modafinil works better on an empty stomach. Amphetamines work on an empty or full stomach, though the absorption is slowed and the effects are prolonged/smoothed out a bit with food.

For me, it seems memantine has been effective in reducing amphetamine tolerance. I don't get hypomanic like in the beginning, but after just one day off from Adderall/stimulants my tolerance is greatly reduced. I just tend to eat a lot on my days off...

I do (as can be expected) experience cross-tolerance with amphetamines, ephedrine, and pseudoephedrine. With recent seasonal allergies I've occasionally substituted ephedrine (Bronchaid) or pseudoephedrine for Adderall as my stimulant of choice, since the're better bronchodilators and decongestants than amphetamines. With cetirizine, flutacisone (nasal steroid) and a decongestant/bronchodilator on especially high-pollen days, my seasonal allergies are completely under control (I can spend time outside) for the first time in several years.

FYI, I've never tried methylphenidate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 polybi

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. I take Adderall. I've had limited experience with modafinil, but I found that after using amphetamines regularly, modafinil still worked (400 mg Modalert). 200mg did nothing (I fell asleep soon after taking it). I haven't tried modafinil for more than a day, though.

Modafinil does not control appetite the way that amphetamines do. (Since I'm overweight and eat under stress that's been a big plus). And modafinil works better on an empty stomach. Amphetamines work on an empty or full stomach, though the absorption is slowed and the effects are prolonged/smoothed out a bit with food.

For me, it seems memantine has been effective in reducing amphetamine tolerance. I don't get hypomanic like in the beginning, but after just one day off from Adderall/stimulants my tolerance is greatly reduced. I just tend to eat a lot on my days off...

I do (as can be expected) experience cross-tolerance with amphetamines, ephedrine, and pseudoephedrine. With recent seasonal allergies I've occasionally substituted ephedrine (Bronchaid) or pseudoephedrine for Adderall as my stimulant of choice, since the're better bronchodilators and decongestants than amphetamines. With cetirizine, flutacisone (nasal steroid) and a decongestant/bronchodilator on especially high-pollen days, my seasonal allergies are completely under control (I can spend time outside) for the first time in several years.

FYI, I've never tried methylphenidate.

yeah i would like to try memantine but only know of one place who sell it airsealed. i use magnesium to try and keep tollerance down but its no where near as good as memantine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users