Photo
- - - - -

Faster recall?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Heisenberg

• 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

What would you recommend for faster memory recall? With my current stack, I have no problem concentrating or getting huge workloads done, but recall could still be faster and I sometimes miss the "clear-headed" feeling necessary to cut through the clutter. I currently and regularly use during the day:

Ritalin (15mg)
Piracetam (800mg once in the morning or twice daily)
L-Tyrosine (750mg twice daily)
ALCAR (500mg twice daily)
Phosphatidylserine (100mg)
Green Tea (2 cups)

Any inputs?

#2 Jurence

• 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

Ritalin is XR or not? What time do you take it? I prefer mine at around 9AM. I personally would cut out the green tea because theanine affects me very strongly- but its all preference. It is definitely healthy for you!

Piracetam is best twice daily over taking it once (however I just take about 1 gram in the mornings myself)

This looks like a pretty decent stack. I'd recommend some neuroprotective agents (antioxidants) such as vinpocetine whenever you are using stimulants like adderall or ritaline.

Faster memory recall is not all in your stack- learning is MORE than chemistry. Review how your learn and study material :-)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

What would you recommend for faster memory recall? With my current stack, I have no problem concentrating or getting huge workloads done, but recall could still be faster and I sometimes miss the "clear-headed" feeling necessary to cut through the clutter. I currently and regularly use during the day:

Ritalin (15mg)
Green Tea (2 cups)

Any inputs?

For faster recall, you might consider taking PC instead of PS.

#4 Heisenberg

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ritalin is XR or not? What time do you take it? I prefer mine at around 9AM. I personally would cut out the green tea because theanine affects me very strongly- but its all preference. It is definitely healthy for you!

Piracetam is best twice daily over taking it once (however I just take about 1 gram in the mornings myself)

This looks like a pretty decent stack. I'd recommend some neuroprotective agents (antioxidants) such as vinpocetine whenever you are using stimulants like adderall or ritaline.

Faster memory recall is not all in your stack- learning is MORE than chemistry. Review how your learn and study material :-)

I take ritalin R (regular, not time-release), 5 mg in the morning around 9 AM, 10 mg around 1 PM. This works quite well for me, and has done so for well over a year.

I notice that sometimes I get a feeling of "seeing through" study material much better, at other times, it remains somewhat opaque until reviewed several days later, and I am wondering whether that could be replicated on a consistent basis. Recall per se is not a problem, simply the speed of it.

Edited by Heisenberg, 12 April 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#5 Heisenberg

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Ritalin (15mg)
Green Tea (2 cups)

Any inputs?

What would PC be? Can you recommend a product and dosage?

#6 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

I find vinpocetine pretty good for recall.

#7 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Ritalin (15mg)
Green Tea (2 cups)

Any inputs?

What would PC be? Can you recommend a product and dosage?

Hey,

Phosphatedyl-choline. This is a substance found in lecithin. It is my favourite choline form. One of the reason is that PC is also a necessary fatty-acid for brain cells. And since your stack lacked a choline form, I thought it might give you more effecient recall abilities. But I have to say that many other forum members prefer CDP-choline or alpha-GPC. I take 2x2 spoons of lecithin per day.

Edited by spider, 13 April 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Heisenberg

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Phosphatedyl-choline. This is a substance found in lecithin. It is my favourite choline form. One of the reason is that PC is also a necessary fatty-acid for brain cells. And since your stack lacked a choline form, I thought it might give you more effecient recall abilities. But I have to say that many other forum members prefer CDP-choline or alpha-GPC. I take 2x2 spoons of lecithin per day.

Thanks. I have had strange experiences with alpha GPC, so I cancelled choline from my stack for now. I tried dosages from 20mg, 50mg, 100mg, 300mg, 600mg, all with the same jittery effect. I also feel that, from what I read about it, choline would be a good supplement to add, however, the adverse effects outweigh the benefits for me so far.

#9 polybi

• 51 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

maybe add some magnesium or memantine to keep Ritalin tollerance in check

#10 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

I will say Lion's mane since it is becoming popular and more accepted.

More Green tea.

#11 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

More Green tea.

Is the lions mane brand at iherb considered a suitable version or is there a known better one? I am just about stocking lion's mane for the first time.

#12 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:06 AM

More Green tea.

Is the lions mane brand at iherb considered a suitable version or is there a known better one? I am just about stocking lion's mane for the first time.

I have had good results with mushroom science products.

#13 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

We had a pretty detailed discussion about Lion's Man extract and Mushroom Science in particular over at this thread. I think there's pretty good reasons to conclude that they don't have the best extraction process, though I'm sure it still gives you some benefits.

Heisenberg: I've seen pyritinol mentioned once or twice as increasing recall speed, and a couple times as specifically not. What is your take?

#14 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

B1, at least 100 mg a day and methylene blue!

#15 Heisenberg

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

We had a pretty detailed discussion about Lion's Man extract and Mushroom Science in particular over at this thread. I think there's pretty good reasons to conclude that they don't have the best extraction process, though I'm sure it still gives you some benefits.

Heisenberg: I've seen pyritinol mentioned once or twice as increasing recall speed, and a couple times as specifically not. What is your take?

Well, I have had strange experiences with pyritinol, as detailed in the ritalin thread. It may have to do because it seems to be contraindicated with methylphenidate. My next endeavour is to cross check my entire nootropic stack against ritalin, as some of them clearly do not do for me what they should. Piracetam, ALCAR and L-Tyrosine work great though.

Would anybody advise deprenyl for faster recall?

#16 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Desmopressin takes the cake on that one - as far as memory retrieval goes. Side effects a plenty though.

Speed of memory retrieval? Pyritinol + glucuronolactone + caffeine.

AFAIK

#17 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

Okay wait, forgot you had Ritalin in the equation.

Glucuronolactone and caffeine. Add desmo if you can realistically integrate it into your lifestyle. There are plenty of threads on Desmo and argipressin to determine if you can go that way.

#18 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

More Green tea.

Lions Mane has been around forever, but really companies need to be extracting the NGF molecule(s) from it. Content per weight is a bit suspicious IMO.

#19 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

More Green tea.

Lions Mane has been around forever, but really companies need to be extracting the NGF molecule(s) from it. Content per weight is a bit suspicious IMO.

I don't know if there are actual NGF molecules in Lion's Mane or if there are compounds in Lion's Mane that promote the production of NGF. The compounds are called hericenone C-H. Maybe extracting these compounds and concetrating them would be a better alternative.

#20 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

More Green tea.

There is a compound in lion's mane called hericenone C-H that is believed to be responsible for stimulating NGF. Maybe extracting that and concentrating it would be a good idea, unless there are other things in lion's mane that are also beneficial.

#21 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

i just ought lions mane, vinpocetine and L theanine with relora. Regarding th lions mane, am i meant to take it before i sleep and when i wake up on an empty stomach?

#22 ToTheMax

• 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

For Lion's Mane you need to get extracts that are made from the mycelium.

The ones made from the fruiting bodies may not be effective.

#23 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

a supplement free week once in a while with lots of sleep and goal oriented meditation

#24 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:51 PM

ok thanks. You don't happen to know one that is made from mycelium?
thanks

#25 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

Partly true! Extracts from either of these may be ineffective, depending on the solvent used. They each contain a different family of NGF-inducing chemicals, and the ones in the mycellium are probably stronger. The best bet is whole (unextracted) material from mycelium or bodies, or ideally a mix of both. If you're going to get an extract, ethanol is preferable since it definitely extracts both of these families (though it may miss other actives). Water is somewhere between 'not' and 'definitely only partially' effective at pulling NGF-inducers from either part, but may grab other actives (i.e. immunomodulatory) that ethanol might not.

We've been mulling this over in the thread Benefits - real or illusory - and side effects to stimulating NGF. Discussion of mycelium products in posts #64, #71, #102.

Edited by chrono, 30 April 2010 - 02:59 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#26 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

Tried two pills of vinpocetine (20mg) - boy did i have headache all day lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users