Photo
- - - - -

All Ritalin users please give input

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 Heisenberg

• 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

But after 5 hours, the effects wear off. And it is pretty bad.... So far I haven't figured out a way to deal with it, so I use MPH when absolutely necessary....

Any suggestion to avoid the crash?

Yeah, take 2.5 mg Rit and read my post just above yours.

Make sure you do not exhaust yourself while medicated, i.e., limit study time and take breaks, drink enough water, avoid white sugars, etc. This should prevent or at least soften a crash.

#122 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

I hate to necropost here, but I really want to ask this question and it seems inappropriate to make a new thread just for this question's sake.

Does anyone else here LIKE when their methylphenidate wears off? Am I the only person who thinks, "Woo-hoo, I'm hyper now! And now I can eat! And now my dick works right again! And I've done all my work, so I don't have to pay close attention to anything else for the rest of the day! And now I can look something up on Wikipedia without getting sucked into a zone for 4 hours!" (Okay, so the part about "wikipedia zone" only happens on Mondays. It's an effect of the dose being too strong on the first day back from my weekend medication holiday, so I shouldn't count it as a normal side effect of ritalin.)

I mean, I really love how MPH helps me function. I would NOT be at college right now without it, and I probably wouldn't have been able to graduate from high school. But I don't understand what people are talking about when they say it causes euphoria. Yeah, dextroamphetamine is somewhat euphoric, but MPH? Is it mostly the people on d-MPH who love it so much?

It just seems kind of weird to me that this forum is full of people who say that MPH is seductively euphoric and even addictive, but ADHD forums are full of people saying "I hate my ritalin! Is there anything else I can take/do to be able to function?"

Maybe I'm really lucky to have ADHD as well as a (voluntarily acquired) hyperthymic personality. Being hyperactive and bubbly is great, as long as I don't have to do things involving details or attention! And as long as I'm not hyper while depressed, because then it's just anxious.

Edited by jadamgo, 16 November 2010 - 03:44 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Guacamolium

• Topic Starter
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Does anyone else here LIKE when their methylphenidate wears off? Am I the only person who thinks, "Woo-hoo, I'm hyper now! And now I can eat! And now my dick works right again! And I've done all my work, so I don't have to pay close attention to anything else for the rest of the day! And now I can look something up on Wikipedia without getting sucked into a zone for 4 hours!" (Okay, so the part about "wikipedia zone" only happens on Mondays. It's an effect of the dose being too strong on the first day back from my weekend medication holiday, so I shouldn't count it as a normal side effect of ritalin.)

I mean, I really love how MPH helps me function. I would NOT be at college right now without it, and I probably wouldn't have been able to graduate from high school. But I don't understand what people are talking about when they say it causes euphoria. Yeah, dextroamphetamine is somewhat euphoric, but MPH? Is it mostly the people on d-MPH who love it so much?

It just seems kind of weird to me that this forum is full of people who say that MPH is seductively euphoric and even addictive, but ADHD forums are full of people saying "I hate my ritalin! Is there anything else I can take/do to be able to function?"

I particularly don't like when the 3.5 hour mark after I take MPH happens, because I feel so drained. Concomitant noots do not offer much help to boot. I wouldn't personally go as far to say that MPH is addictive, but the feeling of its affects can be abused I suppose. I can't even imagine taking 100mg of it and having anything close to a good time, for instance.

The simple stack of LD MPH plus ephedrine basically won over the more intricate stacks that I've tried. I do prefer a modafinil/oxiracetam/alpha-GPC stack to anything that I posted though, because of its duration and efficacy.

#124 VoidPointer

• 123 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

I hate to necropost here, but I really want to ask this question and it seems inappropriate to make a new thread just for this question's sake.

Maybe I'm really lucky to have ADHD as well as a (voluntarily acquired) hyperthymic personality. Being hyperactive and bubbly is great, as long as I don't have to do things involving details or attention! And as long as I'm not hyper while depressed, because then it's just anxious.

This.

..Many days I opt out of taking DexMPH because I would rather do other activities which are not significantly affected by my ADD. Things like playing music, video games, social activities etc. I also kind of like the crash (though it takes me about 6 hours for a single dose of DexMPH IR to wear off). Once I am crashing I can sleep well, and wake up refreshed.

The notion of MPH 'addicts' really seem to be something of a myth. The only study I found that suggested such thing was possible was done in a mental institution and concluded that a few of the patients 'liked' MPH and looked forward to their meds..
My guess would be that there is not much else to look forward to in such an environment.

I mean if I wanted to just get 'high', there are plenty of other more enjoyable drugs. Some data supports the notion that teenagers with ADD who take MPH are less likely (while regularly taking their meds) to try other drugs or alcohol.

Now I think the recent increase in use of the AMP meds(Adderall etc) is partly due to realization that those meds usually cause more euphoria. So the typical sequence of events is for the ADD 'patient' to complain about MPH (which usually is the first med prescribed) so they can get the AMP.

Also MPH does seem to be more effective in males with an above average ability in mathematics. This may be related to a specific gene(s) which determine how the body responds to MPH.

#125 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Read the whole thread from first to last. :)

Bumping to hear some updates. Its been more than 2 years! How has it been guys?

Edited by FocusPocus, 11 September 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#126 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

I can bump this. I started with Adderall and then read about all the horror stories with withdrawl and negative effects on DA levels. Switched to Focalin IR. Love it. Just get a mild crash after 2h, then a bump and at around 5h it wears off. I'm on a fairly high dose 10mg+10mg, to last the day. Any more details on tolerance reduction? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#127 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:34 AM

I think Mg at night seems to be helping with my tolerance issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users