Photo

adding 12 copies of scod to local outreach

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Ive done a bit of book outreach aroud Wisconsin by donating LifeQuest and Ending Aging to high school libraries, public libraries, college libraries and old folks homes.

Im looking to do around 12 more of these outreaches this spring. I requested books for this in response #20 here. It was then approved here. Since only 20 were approved though I want to use 12 for this outreach, the other 8 for vip outreach and misc, and then further copies of scod for vip's will continue to be sent out directly through amazon via our pockets and other money sources. (we probably wont run out of money sources for copies of scod for the vip outreach)

So, should I add 12 to the mix?

#2 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ive done a bit of book outreach aroud Wisconsin by donating LifeQuest and Ending Aging to high school libraries, public libraries, college libraries and old folks homes.

Im looking to do around 12 more of these outreaches this spring. I requested books for this in response #20 here. It was then approved here. Since only 20 were approved though I want to use 12 for this outreach, the other 8 for vip outreach and misc, and then further copies of scod for vip's will continue to be sent out directly through amazon via our pockets and other money sources. (we probably wont run out of money sources for copies of scod for the vip outreach)

So, should I add 12 to the mix?

Your obviously recording where you give the books to right? I have an idea that we make a list of all of the libraries in a certain area (such as the American state of Wisconsin) then we record what books we give to each library. It could be a whole new project called library outreach or something where we aim to give every single library in the world a copy of Ending aging and scod let's say.

The books we donate to all the libraries of the world could be:
Ending aging
SCOD
(other suggestions)

What do you think brokenportal?

Edited by The Indefinite Lifespaner, 06 May 2010 - 05:15 PM.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

That could make a good project, but its a little expensive, and we have a few other developing projects materializing at this time. Once the money and volunteer power around here is a little bigger I think it might be something to consider more at that point. What do you think? We could pay book distributors a pittance to go around and distribute them. You could add it as a project suggestion.

To circumvent those setbacks though, and this may be the best way to run a project like this, Ive recently suggested that chapters consider taking on this project.

#4 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

That could make a good project, but its a little expensive, and we have a few other developing projects materializing at this time. Once the money and volunteer power around here is a little bigger I think it might be something to consider more at that point. What do you think? We could pay book distributors a pittance to go around and distribute them. You could add it as a project suggestion.

At most public libraries they have a system (free of charge) for customers to be able to request the library to add a book to their collection.

To circumvent those setbacks though, and this may be the best way to run a project like this, Ive recently suggested that chapters consider taking on this project.

Yes this seems like the best way to distribute books to local libraries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users