- - - - -

Nootropics while doing hot yoga?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NootropicNirvana

• 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Hey.

I just ordered some Piracetam, Choline Citrate, Sulbutiamine, ALCAR and L-Tyrosine and DMAE. I don't have any experience yet with Nootropics. I'm wondering if any of these supplements could interfere with my daily hot yoga practice? It's basically a 90 minute session in a room with a temperature of 105F and a humidity of about 40%. It's a pretty tough type of yoga (Bikram) and makes you sweat ALOT. I'm a 21yo male with pretty good physique.

I have heard about people having awesome results with their physical activities such as cycling while on Sulbutiamine, so I'm very tempted to try it with my yoga. Also is it true that sulfur is a biproduct u get after taking Sulbutiamine? Wouldn't that make my sweat smell very bad or does sulfur only pass through the urine?

I plan on starting with Piracetam 2g x 3 with choline each day and eventually try the others after a few days.

So what do you masterminds think? Green light?

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

Yoga is so gay dude. Hot yoga, well, why?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:03 AM

Yoga is so gay dude. Hot yoga, well, why?

Are you serious? Maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else but I think I remember you having a pretty sensitive reaction to one of my posts several months ago. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Hot yoga, or, Bikram yoga is awesome. You should try it. It is NOT easy at all. Unfortunately, it's fucking ridiculously expensive-900 to 1000 dollars for the year. If you pay for each session, most places charge about 15 to 18 dollars.

To the OP, I was on lamictal and lexapro and I took a few nootropics on top of that and did not have any problems with Bikram Yoga. Lithium, especially in higher doses, may be something to be concerned about. Really anything that makes you unusually dehydrated or messes with body temperature may be cause for concern.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 NootropicNirvana

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Really anything that makes you unusually dehydrated or messes with body temperature may be cause for concern.

I just went through all the stuff I ordered and can't find anything saying it could interfere with hydration and body temperature.

To the OP, I was on lamictal and lexapro and I took a few nootropics on top of that and did not have any problems with Bikram Yoga. Lithium, especially in higher doses, may be something to be concerned about.

Ok, thanks! Was hoping someone had actual experience with this.

If someone could just enlighten me on the Sulbutiamine/Sulfur issue too.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users