Photo

Marketing package for consideration, around $1,500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Kian Kaul works in marketing and Ive been chatting with him about marketing packages.

I think he might be able to make:

-a corporate video, something that could go on the front page, and in other places.

-a series of integrated ads, with a theme, 15 to 30 second clips, maybe some designs for shirts and things like that.

-an electronic press kit, that the press can take clips and segments from.

Im convinced that the art team can handle all of this, but that we will want to get some high quality stuff like this made for a price so we have at least that bare minimum. Directing the art team to do it for close to free may not yield the kind of results we need, and it may take an indefinite amount of time to get it to happen. He says he thinks he can do it for less than $1,500.

I linked him to our archive of potential clips at http://youtube.com/immortalityorg he can choose there and we can get him the sources. Of course, they arent all high quality, but some of them are, like the Imminst film for example. I told him about our current slogans and mission statements, blight of involuntary death, and unlimited lifespans, and linked him to a topic where people have been brainstorming on slogans a bit.

You guys might want to include any ideas that you think are particularily good in the art team. The slogan topic is in there, and if you have any particular ad ideas you want him to consider then post them there proceeded by the word "Suggestion:" like the others there and he'll find them, and or Ill direct him to them. I suggested some vanilla type of ads, and some spicier types. He's going to draw up a rough outline of what he could do with all of this and then Ill post it here or have him post it here. We can adjust it if necessary from there, and see if we can get this proposal passed.

#2 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Kian Kaul certainly knows his stuff, and his portfolio speaks for him.

I think this is an excellent proposal.

Kian Kaul works in marketing and Ive been chatting with him about marketing packages.

I think he might be able to make:

-a corporate video, something that could go on the front page, and in other places.

-a series of integrated ads, with a theme, 15 to 30 second clips, maybe some designs for shirts and things like that.

-an electronic press kit, that the press can take clips and segments from.

Im convinced that the art team can handle all of this, but that we will want to get some high quality stuff like this made for a price so we have at least that bare minimum. Directing the art team to do it for close to free may not yield the kind of results we need, and it may take an indefinite amount of time to get it to happen. He says he thinks he can do it for less than $1,500.

I linked him to our archive of potential clips at <a href="http://youtube.com/i...immortalityorg" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/i...ortalityorg</a> he can choose there and we can get him the sources. Of course, they arent all high quality, but some of them are, like the Imminst film for example. I told him about our current slogans and mission statements, blight of involuntary death, and unlimited lifespans, and linked him to a topic where people have been brainstorming on slogans a bit.

You guys might want to include any ideas that you think are particularily good in the art team. The slogan topic is in there, and if you have any particular ad ideas you want him to consider then post them there proceeded by the word "Suggestion:" like the others there and he'll find them, and or Ill direct him to them. I suggested some vanilla type of ads, and some spicier types. He's going to draw up a rough outline of what he could do with all of this and then Ill post it here or have him post it here. We can adjust it if necessary from there, and see if we can get this proposal passed.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

Alright, Im glad your on the same page. Can you get a hold of me so we can arrange a skype meeting soon?

Any other feedback anybody?

#4 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Can you tell me how you found Kian Kaul, and what makes him as good as David says? I'm not doubting, I'm just really curious, and having a professional Marketing person help us out seems really a huge step.

I was wondering if you could tell me more about the corporate video, has he explained what he would do to make it of really high quality? Or does his resume speak volumes.

For instance, although I love Exploring Life Extension video, I was unimpressed with some sound dubbing problems, boom in frame problems, and audio problems, particularly in the last half of the film.

I used to work in film, on set, so I have a good eye for this kind of thing. I would be very curious to watch Mr. Kaul's video segment for our org.

Obviously $1,500 is very inexpensive!

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Kian has picked up higher paying jobs and doesnt have time for this now. We are now working on this here: http://www.imminst.o...eting-outreach/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users