Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Xoma-052

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Anyone here familiar with this drug? It is about to enter phase II trials as a once a month diabetes shot, but may have much broader applications for other inflammatory diseases. This may have some potential as an anti-aging drug. It looks to me like an mtor inhibitor. Could any of the more knowledgeable imminst members shed some light on it's potential? (full disclosure: I have a few thousand invested in this company. This is not a pump piece. I'm just curious what you guys think of it.)

http://www.xoma.com/pipeline/xoma-052/

XOMA used its antibody expertise and technologies to develop XOMA 052, a highly potent and highly specific antibody IL-1 inhibitor that is the first in a new generation of anti-inflammatory IL-1 blocking agents.

XOMA 052 binds strongly to Interleukin-1 beta (IL-1β), a pro-inflammatory signaling protein, called a cytokine, that is believed to be a primary cause of inflammation. By binding IL-1β, the drug modulates the activation of the IL-1 receptor, thereby preventing the cellular signaling events that produce inflammation. XOMA 052 is a Human Engineered™ IgG2 antibody with a half-life of 22 days. It has an ultra high binding affinity for IL-1β of 300 femtomolar. Based on its combined pharmacokinetic and binding properties, XOMA 052 may provide convenient dosing of once per one month or longer.

Edited by 1kgcoffee, 01 May 2010 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users