Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Vegan blood test

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmi Andersen

• 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

I am vegan and I would like to get my blood tested to see if everything is as it should be. What kind of tests would you suggest that I get?

In another thread I found this list but I don't know what all those things means or what the numbers should be. Is there a list somewhere with the optimal values? Is there anything that I can add to that list. Blood tests are free in my country so I want to get everything checked. If anyone know anything about it I would also like to know what I can do about fordyce spots. Thanks in advance ;o)

WBC
RBC
Hemoglobin
Hematocrit
MCV
MCH
MCHC
RDW
Platelet Count

Neutrophils
Lymphocytes
Monocyte
Eosinophil
Basophil
Absolute Neutrophils
Absolute Lymphocytes
Absolute Monocytes
Absolute Eosinophils
Absolute Basophils

Lipoprotein (A)
C-RP

Sodium
Potassium
Chloride
Bicarbonate
Glucose
BUN
Creatinine
Calcium
AST
Alkaline Phosphatase
Bilirubin9
Protein, Total
Albumin
ALT
GFR

Cholesterol
Triglyceride
HDL
LDL (Calc)
Non-HDL Cholesterol
Homocysteine
TSH, 3rd Generation

#2 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

I am vegan and I would like to get my blood tested to see if everything is as it should be. What kind of tests would you suggest that I get?

In another thread I found this list but I don't know what all those things means or what the numbers should be. Is there a list somewhere with the optimal values? Is there anything that I can add to that list. Blood tests are free in my country so I want to get everything checked. If anyone know anything about it I would also like to know what I can do about fordyce spots. Thanks in advance ;)

WBC= white blood cells
RBC= red blood cells
Hemoglobin
Hematocrit
MCV= medium cell volume
MCH= medium cell hemoglobin
MCHC= medium cell hemoglobin concentration
RDW
Platelet Count

Neutrophils
Lymphocytes
Monocyte
Eosinophil
Basophil
Absolute Neutrophils
Absolute Lymphocytes
Absolute Monocytes
Absolute Eosinophils
Absolute Basophils

Lipoprotein (A)
C-RP = C reactive protein - marker of inflammation

Sodium
Potassium
Chloride
Bicarbonate
Glucose
BUN
Creatinine - degraded from muscles, shows the renal function
Calcium
AST- liver enzyme
Alkaline Phosphatase
Bilirubin9
Protein, Total
Albumin
ALT- liver enzyme
GFR= glomerular filtering rate - i think

Cholesterol
Triglyceride
HDL
LDL (Calc)
Non-HDL Cholesterol
Homocysteine
TSH, 3rd Generation

i think that you MUST test yourself for vitamin B12, folate and vitamin D because you are vegan. I am very interested in your lipid profile - if you do these tests, maybe you'll be kind enough to post the results- for how long have you been vegan?

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jimmi Andersen

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

i think that you MUST test yourself for vitamin B12, folate and vitamin D because you are vegan. I am very interested in your lipid profile - if you do these tests, maybe you'll be kind enough to post the results- for how long have you been vegan?

I have been vegan for about 4 months and before that I was vegetarian for about 4 or 5 years. I will post the results here when I get them. Do you know what I can do to make fordyce spots smaller? In case you don't know what it is I can tell you that fordyce spots is sebaceous glands on the genitals and the lips . On some of the ones that I have on my penis hairs are also growing out so I guess it is just normal hair follicles but I don't think they are supposed to grow on the foreskin.

Edited by Jimmi Andersen, 15 May 2010 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users